A meeting at the end of the world

For In Character events within the human lands of Sinya Palurin

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Dark Flight

A meeting at the end of the world

Postby Dark Flight » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:19 pm

~~Not many taverns stayed in business, and those that did were mostly empty these days. Lack of customers and supplies were not helping.

A dark robed figure settled into a corner, supping quietly at a flask they brought with them. As the barkeeper approached to have a go, the figure threw some notes on the table. Frowning, the barkeep took the money and left. Meanwhile, the figure waited~~
Those who see my face, seldom live to remember

Contagion

Re: A meeting at the end of the world

Postby Contagion » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:25 pm

~~Another figure, hooded but in less elegant 'robes', approached the figure at the table.~~

"Fitting to meet here again, isn't it?" ~~They pause for a moment~~
"I am worried about the happenings in the world. Rumour has it The Heartlands has gone, the domes are weaker, disease followed by the undead is imminent. What are our plans of action? I imagine we, as with the other living, do not wish to be eradicated.
Death spreads like a disease.

Dark Flight

Postby Dark Flight » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:30 pm

~~Dark flight sips their flask more deeply~~

"I've made the neccessary deals and performed the neccessary actions. Our order is safe... but just in case, make way to Brockman Isle, the new bastion of Hope. The attack on Sinya Palurin is imminent."

Contagion

Postby Contagion » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:35 pm

~The adept figure looks clearly disappointed~

"But, there is nothing that we can do here? We must just flee? I wish to protect the good people of this land. And anyway, how will I know what to do, do you mind feeling me in on some details of your necessary actions?"

Dark Flight

Postby Dark Flight » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:49 pm

~~The figure shrugs~~

"I care about the contract, not the people. And this is the final dome in which I have been contracted, so it is complete. So, the Order is to be spared. You know I can't give you details."

~~They knock back another swig~~

"As for what to do... seek contracts. Seek work. Even in these endings there is space for those that offer our services.

Just make sure you get the next possible teleport you can find out of here. I suspect there'll be a lot in the days to come."

Contagion

Postby Contagion » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:27 pm

"Contracts... how would you propose I get them without a name for myself and with the secrecy within our order?"

Dark Flight

Postby Dark Flight » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:15 pm

"Oh little one... keep your ear to the ground. The first skill of an Assassin is to collect contracts without revelation of identity. If I have to teach you that... well. Perhaps you're in the wrong company."

~~Shooting a glance at the Barkeeper to check that he is not listening~~

"I really would get out of here quickly. The poison I've been using is particularaly nasty. If you survive long enough I might even let you experiment with it..."

~~Dark Flight sweeps from the room and vanishes~~

Contagion

Postby Contagion » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:44 pm

~~ A split second after DF glances at the Barkeeper C glances as well before glancing back at DF with a look of confusion, hidden below the hood.~~

~~ C shouts after DF ~~ "But I am the apprentice, how am I meant to have these skills with no prior practice?"

~~ Muttering under breath~~ "What was meant by keep your ear to the ground... and a particularly nasty poison?"

~~ As the figure walks out, they look over their shoulder being curious about the barkeep. After seeing the interesting effects, they go out into the reminents of the crowd that was the audience to Prince Harwood.~~

Return to “Sinya Palurin - Ingolé”