For In Character events within the human lands of Sinya Palurin

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Drake Teleportation Services

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:03 am

A booth has been setup in the centre of Ingolé with a sign outside:

If you stay here you're going to die!

Drake, Priest of Yashmanar (a god you can trust) offers teleportation to Brockman Isle (now protected by the power of Hope, accept no substitutes).
Mass Teleportation of 70 people at a time, leaving every 8 hours, take everything you can carry (Might potions available for an additional fee).
There are 25,000 people in Ingolé, book your place now to avoid disappointment (and indeed death).
Reasonable rates (currently, demand may cause them to become unreasonable).

Drake Teleportation Services is regulated by The Haran of the Larkant and Paladin of Hope

It seems to be doing a brisk trade...
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: Drake Teleportation Services

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:13 am

**Just behind the booth was a roped off area where people sat with tickets. At midnight Drake uncoiled a long rope and went round collecting tickets and handing part of the rope to each person. When the 70 people were all holding the rope, Drake began to incant.**

"Powers of metamagic come to be and imbue this rope with the power of the jewel. I call forth the purest magic to cast upon this item, Contingency Other to be activated as soon as everyone who had a ticket is holding it. I call forth the power of metamagic into this contingency, may it be filled with the purest magic. I call upon the power of the jewel to place a Mass Teleport into this contingency, may it teleport only those who had a ticket to the courtyard outside the house on Brockman Isle"

**After a few seconds, the people holding the rope disappeared and Drake headed to bed to regain his essence, leaving a handful of mercs to sell tickets until the next rope left at 08:00**

Drake

Tome of Magic 6.0

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:48 am

Looking down the line of evacuees waiting for tickets the mercs could see a much larger patron sticking out like a sore thumb. Though the grey tusked beastkin wasn’t all that tall the fact he was rather spherical and wearing layers of thick fur made him rather more noticeable. Even more prominent due to the crates tied to his back with a giant stone maul, their combined height stretching up almost 10ft as he slowly waddled forwards with the queue. Te people behind him giving him a lot of space as the tower swayed with each step. Peeking down see what was holding the line up
“common skinnies, I wanna get me ticket thingy before the morning jump....”

((T.I.N.Y))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:42 am

About half way along the queue a lithe figure slides in, no one seeming to object or infact realise that it had been jumped, the figure buys his ticket and then moves further down the line, ending up pretty near the front making sure none of the heavily armed mercs notice him doing this.

He then sits and waits for the next trip out of this doomed hell whole to somewhere that will feel more like home....

Jonas
"You have my mace" "And my hammer" "And my magic"...
"And my pillaging shovel, and my bear arms, and my fork of truth"......
"But not my kidney hat, it's made of real kidneys"

Callum

Postby Callum » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:36 pm

Bubbles can be seen sat out the front drinking heavily completely oblivious to the man jumping the line
Kazrazil Coshwood, Fire Elf Fire Master
Squits Carnage, King of the Goblins (DEAD)
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

The Goblins are back :twisted:

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:42 pm

**The 08:00 rope had left as planned taking Jonas, Tiny and many others to The Colourful Isle. Drake had then gone back to bed, reawakening after another 6 hours ready for the 16:00 trip**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Uthred strides to the building and walks over to Drake.

'Suppose I better go with this trip and get things organised as its going to be chaos on the island and we need to get set up and ready incase the Elves attempt to take charge.'

'Uthred then seems to think for awhile... Also Drake, through the earth? No need for dying? I could slap you.'

General Uthred
"You have my mace" "And my hammer" "And my magic"...
"And my pillaging shovel, and my bear arms, and my fork of truth"......
"But not my kidney hat, it's made of real kidneys"

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:17 pm

*having collecting his small collection of belongings from the living quarters in the arcane university a hooded figure slowly left through the main doors, bowing politely back at the mighty structure he waved it goodbye and wondered through the streets of the quickly emptying city. Under his cloak he wore mixes of red and black, any looking upon the mask on his face would recognised the bard, though his normal irritatingly cheery self was nowhere to be seen, just walking through the streets and into the que. Standing there he muttered occasionally to himself like an old couple having an argument over something rather trivial, before collecting his ticket and getting ready to catch the next rope out of the city.*

((Incognito))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Litzana

Postby Litzana » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:57 pm

She'd done her best but she couldn't do any more, not here. With her mentor gone, she'd fallen back into her old way, timid and shy.

She didn't feel safe here. Well, she didn't feel safe anywhere, but here especially. With a sigh, she packed her meager things, slipped her chainmail over her head and retied her headscarf before leaving the infirmary behind and joining the queue, holding her shield timidly against her body and flinching away from any contact.

~Eryssa
Less talking, more stabbing!
Litzana - Undead Shadow Elf
Eryssa - Light Elf celebrant of Lenamo
Ana'Tuin - Turtle High Mage
Willow - Brockling Alchemist
Beacon - Prismatic Sorceress
Arileth - Dragonkin buffbot

Huw

Postby Huw » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Azael joins the queue ready to leave. Hopefully he'd be able to do more in this new Island.
Ancálimon y Festaer y Helyanwe, Alchemist
Azael Bannon, Telefret High Mage
Fox, Shaman of the Tsimshian

It's only a game.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:26 pm

**The teleportations continue, every eight hours, departing up to two hours early if full**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “Sinya Palurin - Ingolé”