The Emperors Head

For In Character events within the human lands of Sinya Palurin

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Sproglet

The Emperors Head

Postby Sproglet » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Uthred stares out the window on the top floor of the tavern staring at the long line of volunteers... It was a good start, the bulk of the queue were Larkent with a fair few Everni in there aswell. However there were not many Telefret that he could see......

'Dammit Sylas! Get your act together man!'

Uthred punched the wall in frustration...

Well he would make to for the time being, given enough good men he could hold this city until the end of time.

General Uthred
"You have my mace" "And my hammer" "And my magic"...
"And my pillaging shovel, and my bear arms, and my fork of truth"......
"But not my kidney hat, it's made of real kidneys"

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Re: The Emperors Head

Postby Will » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:51 pm

**A loud clunking sound is apparent coming through the door. A suit of armour, red and grey, makes it's way through the crowd. A face is sort of visible through all the metal.**

"Leonard Fountain Sir, reporting for duty"
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Callum

Postby Callum » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:05 pm

Bubbles and mutley walk into the Emperors Head, it smells of beer,sweat and more beer,
both the orcs survey the line of men signing up,
"Still not enough, we'll need alot more men." mutley grunts and spits on the floor.
Bubbles suddenly see's uthred punching a table,
he walks over to the bar and orders three drinks,
while waiting for the drinks mutley notices bubbles staring at the line,
"hmm maybe not enough but thats not to say more wont come" bubbles says answering his friends assumptions.
mutley looks up at bubbles "i know that face, well that settles it then i guess, iv already died twice and i aint dying again."
bubbles laughs "i doubt itll come to that bro you dont have to worry"
"haha no no im just worried for them not us " says mutley
bubbles smiles walks over to uthred and passes him his drink " sign us up general"
mean while mutley is already buying another round he walks over with four glasses full to the brim " you like like you need more then just the one sir "

Bubbles & Mutley
Kazrazil Coshwood, Fire Elf Fire Master
Squits Carnage, King of the Goblins (DEAD)
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

The Goblins are back :twisted:

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Uthred smiles leonard.

'Good man! And with your own equipment too! Report to colonel Bubble and Sergeant Mutley, they will get you situated.'

Uthred then turns to the two orcs taking a long pull on the flagon.

'Good, you both came. Colonel, I need you to start gettin the men organised into fighting companies. Sergeant, basic combat drill training, teach them to fight in the wall, shields locked spears forward. You both know what's needed. Use men like Leonard here who have equipment and seem to know their business to help you...'

Uthred stares out the window again...

'I am not going to lie lads, this is a hell of a long shot but we can do it.., people told us pathway was unassailable but we took the damn place an we can do this too, and it wouldn't be the same without you both...'

General Uthred

Will C

Postby Will C » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Mutley swigs his drink dry, wipes his mouth and chin clean and smiles widely

" haha long shots were always my favourite sir, don't you worry about these boys most of em are at the end of their tether !
you can see it in their eyes and you know what that does to a man."

mutley finishes his other drink and slams it down,

"THIS IS A MOMENT IN YA LIFE WHERE YOU CAN SAY YEAH I WAS THERE !!
TRUST ME YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SAY IT LATER IN YA LIFE CUS YOU AINT DYING ON MY WATCH "
Mutley knew there would be many casualties, but half of these men weren't even warriors they needed that omph that trust that shiny hole of hope ,
it was gonna be a long time before his next drink he walked up to the bar brought and downed another, then nodded to bubbles and uthred , lead the men who'd signed so far out of the tavern to make his way to the barracks.

lews wright

Postby lews wright » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:46 pm

A hooded figure walks into the tavern. He looks around hoping he's in the right place. He taps a guy on the shoulder.

"is this the emperors head at Ingolé?"

The man nods and the hooded figure begins to look around for a familiar face. He sees uthred and the two Orcs in the corner and walks towards them.

"well well this is your beloved Ingolé". Penfold clearly doesn't think much of it by the expression on his face. "im here to help any way I can. I may not be much of a fighter but im at your disposal. Just don't expect me to stand in a shield wall."

Penfold

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Uthred turns to face the newcomer.

'Penfold, good. This isn't gonna sound glorious at all but I need men who can move fast and think on their feet to act as messengers once the fighting starts. Reckon you can do that?'

General Uthred

lews wright

Postby lews wright » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Penfold begins to smile.

"that's right up my street. Speed of foot and mind are my skills." he looks around the tavern "you don't have many men judging by what's outside and here."

He also notices the state that many of them are in and thinks many have never had any experience in battle. Hell he'd do better in a shield wall then most of these men.

"well I've faced worse challenges."

Penfold

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:57 pm

'Thats the spirit Penfold..'

Uthred then turns to Bubbles.

'Sylas.... I need to talk to him, he has soldiers and mages to spare, but the defence of the city has to be coordinated between us. He knows the soulless are coming yet he stays in his palace and does nothing... If he would give me command of his damn household troops and the cities militia we would stand a much better chance.'

Uthred considers for awhile.

'I am willing to bet there isn't a battlefield commander in this whole city with more experience or victories than me but he will be reluctant to leave me in command... We need to talk to him, and soon. He has to be convinced that this is his best hope of a successfully led defence.'

Uthred then looks intently at Bubbles.

'Can you carry a message to him? Asking him to come and speak with me for the good of the tribes an everyone else calling Ingolé home now?'

General Uthred

Callum

Postby Callum » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:22 am

bubbles nods to Uthred
"I will leave right now" bubbles sighs "lets hope he is not a arse like the old telefret herran"
with that he leaves for the plaice
Kazrazil Coshwood, Fire Elf Fire Master
Squits Carnage, King of the Goblins (DEAD)
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

The Goblins are back :twisted:

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:28 am

No matter how much he might want to stay at the Bastion, he couldn't be away from his people again, not at a time like this. Having left the extra men on Colourful Isle, Dellam had caught a teleportation back with his original Cadre and on arrival had immediately set them the task of staying mobile as support to move wherever the defense might look like it was weakening. More then that, he had marked the face of each with a single blood red droplet in addition to their battle paint, a reminder to other faithful that the Mother of Blood was fighting with them this day. That done, he went to the tavern, the place he knew the rest of the mercs would likely be co-ordinating from. In passing he gives a nod to Bubbles and makes his way to Uthreds side.
"You'll have to excuse me for not staying at the Bastion Uthred, couldn't leave our people without me again.", he'd offer, "I've got my boys on the ground to support, I'm at your disposal if needs be."
Player of;
Vynrael, the Hound of Asternia
Jaguar, High priest of the Party
Ekrit, Nomad Magic Weapon maker of Yashmanar
Thromlui, Psychomancer, Nightmare made manifest

Return to “Sinya Palurin - Ingolé”