New arrival

For In Character events within the jungles of Arnad Gaurhoth

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

User avatar
Peter Levy
Posts: 1011
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:52 pm
Contact:

Re: New arrival

Postby Peter Levy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:09 pm

We may need a group of Heroes to take this somewhere...
If they can find it. We can't find it.

**The conflicting personalities then seem to unite in words:**

We will need the help of the Heroes.

**His face brightens slightly**

Do you have many friends you could gather for us?

rachel
Posts: 1076
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:41 pm

Re: New arrival

Postby rachel » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:46 pm

They could be pretending to be mad. Haze frowns suspiciously.

"Yes. But they will want to know what is expected of them. And they will want something in return for their favour." She pauses, thinking. "They do not all live in this protection bubble either. Do you have a way of moving between protections?"
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

User avatar
Peter Levy
Posts: 1011
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:52 pm
Contact:

Re: New arrival

Postby Peter Levy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:21 pm

**The man ponders this for a while.**

The only thing that immediately springs to mind would be...
They go to the Hopewastes, and maybe we could bring them back up to the Grove.
But people tend not to want to do that.
And, of course Kan Slaar will be upset.
Upset indeed.
But then, if v...
hmmmmmm

**shaking himself out of this external internal monologue for a second, he (or they?) turn attention to the first questions: why are the Heroes required, and what they would receive as payment**

We could arrange any number of payments, if people require.
But surely money has little value. How about clean water?

The job that must be done is simple: find our property and use it.

rachel
Posts: 1076
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:41 pm

Re: New arrival

Postby rachel » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:47 am

At the mention of the Hopewastes, Haze bares her teeth.

"My allies are not going to want to die just so they can enter the Hopewastes and move between protections," she warns. "You are going to have to think of another plan. As for payment, I am not interested in Rava, and I do not think those I bring to you will be either. Territory or your aid in protecting the Forest is far more valuable to me. The tame humans need food and clean water, the elves may need the same, and are certainly looking for useful allies, and I know a goblin who will certainly help you if you promise to assist his god of madness overthrow the god of dreams. The rodera and Everni may help too, but I am not sure what they would want in return. And I imagine most of the beastkin here will want the same as me, though the many-eyed creatures that live underground seem to mostly want information and then to be left alone."

She pauses for a moment to give the wild humans time to consider. Then continues her questioning.

"What is your property? What does it look and smell like? What do you want it to be used for?
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

User avatar
Peter Levy
Posts: 1011
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:52 pm
Contact:

Re: New arrival

Postby Peter Levy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:54 pm

**The man's eyes twinkle ever so slightly at the mention of 'the God of Dreams', and a look of total confusion crosses his face upon hearing of 'the many-eyed creatures who live underground'. Lowering his eyebrows, he chooses to focus instead on the question of their property.**

How nice it is to have so many questions. Many would simply ignore us...
The property in question is a jar.
A glass jar, about six inches high and about four inches in diameter. A glass jar with a lid.
The lid should remain on. Until we are ready.

**He begins to look worried, almost in mourning.**

Ordinarily we would do this ourselves, but something Or someone is hiding its power from us.
We were hoping maybe someone around here could help us track it down.
Or track them down.

rachel
Posts: 1076
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:41 pm

Re: New arrival

Postby rachel » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Haze stretches her back and flexes her claws for a moment before retracting them.

"I will see what I can do."

She moves as if to leave, and then turns back to the wild humans, studying them intently.

"What are you going to do with the jar once you have it again?"
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.


Return to “Arnad Gaurhoth”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest