The Ruined House of Aquilla

Postby Ben » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:28 am

**With a flash of metamagic, Quayle and company arrive in the house**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Stevie

Re: The Ruined House of Aquilla

Postby Stevie » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:42 pm

**Lophaetus arrives within the house, his shoulder resting on Quayles. Looking around, he wanders for a brief second before turning back to face the group.**

"So much has changed.. I've missed so much. I mean, of course I heard a little from the new souls that would arrive day after day, but I don't think it's even scratched the surface of all the events that have taken place. Before I get too ahead of myself I need to tell you about who I was speaking to in the Hopewastes, your name was mentioned when I was talking to Death, the fey lord. It wasn't mentioned in a nice way either, he wants you dead."

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:03 pm

**As he listens to Loph, Quayle searches the kitchen until he locates what he is looking for and as he speaks he feeds Quilla**

"Ah yes...I remember him. He wanted us to let the rest of the Fey die, I couldn't allow that. I only met him briefly, what do you know about him?"

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:09 pm

"Well, I don't know whether you saw, but when you left the hopewastes after handing me Quilla, something appeared behind you. It was sort of wolf-like, bleeding all over with blood red eyes. Death called it "Dra'gar, or Drathger" it was something like that, I apologies I can't be more specific, but at the time there was far much more going on and I wasn't even sure I'd escape the hopewastes to relay this information. He said there were several here on Velmaneth, all looking for you. He mentioned a few places, one is in Serke Kemi I think, and I'm sure he mentioned Arnad Gaurhoth, I really can't be too sure and there was talk of one or two roaming between the domes, all searching for you. He seemed very intent on killing you Quayle, and if he has those beasts here, well I suggest we find out as much as we can about them, for a start - because I know I'm wrong - what they're actually called, then obviously where they are, what threat they are and how to kill them."

**Loph sighs briefly and paces the room**

"This isn't even the least of our troubles, we need to fix what state the world is in right now... Tell me Quayle, you named a Sentinel of the Colourful Isle? Are you now the anointed one of the path?"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:00 pm

"I saw something, just for a moment but I couldn't be sure what it was. I will try to be careful, but until now I have had little reason to be." he sighs deeply "It feels as if I have only just been reunited with my son and I have already put him in danger and am already considering finding him somewhere away from me to keep him safe.

I am no longer a sentinel. When you fell, you named me the Guide. One of your successors decided to name someone else as Guide and I believe he intended to name me as Pilgrim, a new sentinel for the Colourful Isle but he died before he could do so. His successor discovered that a sentinel must be named on each land and that these sentinels must stay in their lands in order to create a dome of protection to save at least some of the people of these lands. He granted us as a group the power to name the sentinels. I insisted we travel to The Colourful Isle first, I intended to before sentinel as the Anointed had intended but when we arrived there we found that the population had given their souls to Despair so that the Glooms could not harm them. I...I couldn't stay there...my son was dead and everyone I knew there now merely lived, not happy or sad, just existing. We couldn't name someone without a soul as sentinel...they simply didn't care about anything...the only person seemed to be the Champion of Despair who had accepted the souls and given them to Despair. He had, in his own way, saved the population of the island and agreed to protect them and follow the ways of the sentinels. It wasn't an easy decision by any means."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:32 am

**Loph seems to wince visibly at the mention of so many lost souls**

"I'm lost for words.. but I trust in the path. I know it would not have allowed this champion of despair to be named unless it was for a reason, I know from my brief time as Anointed one that the path vets choices, and will not allow a sentinel to be named that would do more harm to life as a whole. I can only trust, that even as horrible it sounds that it is for a reason, that the path has seen a way out of this..

If the Sentinels cannot move from their Domes, then we must take up that which they cannot.

**Lophs voice takes on a desperate tone.**

Are people gathering to fight this Quayle? Where is the Haran, where are the leaders of all races, what are we doing to fix this?

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:38 am

**Quayle sighs and sits down, placing the child on the seat beside him, stroking the boy idly**

"I cannot claim to understand the path thoroughly, however I believe the path has been significantly weakened in recent years. The group of heroes you knew as sentinels all fell, others replaced them but they too either fell or gave up their positions. The Order of Dakron placed a price on the heads of sentinels and soon no one wanted the position. By the time we were instructed to name more sentinels, there were only two left including the anointed one. Do you remember when Squits and V'jel were named? The path did not reject them and I think the reason was that it was too weak. I think it can only manifest, admonish the sentinels or reject new ones if it is strong and it is only strong when the current sentinels are good and strong. When the sentinels are good and strong they become their own judge, the path punishing them when they do not live up to their own high standards. I think...I think the path just needed anyone so that life on Velmaneth didn't simply end.

I do not know how much you know so I will go back a little way. The gods were made mortal last year, manifesting on Velmaneth. Although they reascended to godhood soon after, Lenanuki died and so could not reascend. We were hired by a man named Roylstrom from the church of Lenamo to locate several artifacts in order to return Lenanuki, however when we did this we apparently disrupted the balance...I do not truly understand how. Eremine released The End and his Glooms, to redress the balance however when she tried to recall them she found they were beyond their control. Roylstrom was Velnashar in disguise and somehow he had managed to gain the power of The End for himself.

The Glooms began to spread out across the world and it was mere seconds after we managed to erect the domes around the sentinels that they covered the rest of the world. Everywhere outside the domes covered in blackness, everyone not inside the domes died in an instant."

He stops, looking down at his son and gives a sad smile.

"The leaders of the world are too busy trying to lead their people, ensuring that life inside the domes continues and does not break down into anarchy. They are too busy trying to save their races to try to fix the world, that is a job for us. Unfortunately it is difficult to know where to begin, expanding the domes was the first step but now we must look to the future at ways to defeat Velnashar."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:13 am

**Loph sits in silence for a short while, considering what has been said.**

"Quayle, do you know what it was that caused the gods to descend and become mortal?

**Loph pauses, his voice becomes a little strained.**

Velnashar had control over my father, and over all the people on the cloudlit realm, I've scanned the sky only briefly.. but I can't see it, and I should see it. I had hoped it wasn't true, but when I saw several air elves I knew in the Bastion I think I knew. It's gone.

**Loph runs his hands through his hair, letting out a deep sigh before slinking down into a chair. He stares downwards for a while, before raising his head and directing a question to the room.**

Do you know what heroes of note are working on this? We need to come together and pool what knowledge we have, there has to be some point we can start at. Even the beginning? We've traveled forwards and backwards in time, why can't we watch the first moments of life, see Eremine give life to her Son, there has to be something in that? Something, anything we can use? What about the Sword? It's got his power in it doesn't it? Can't we destroy..No! Extract it, then we can use it.. or study it.

**Loph paces around the room, making slightly agitated movements**

What about Eremine? Why hasn't she done anything? What about the Wells.. yes, the Wells.. we can use them, or use her. There's got to be something we've got.. something anywhere, some sort of power..

WE'VE GOT TO DO SOMETHING!!

**Loph seems half shocked by his own tone, his hands rest by his side and he stops pacing**

...I'm sorry.. I'm just a little tired I think. I've been through quite a bit in the past few days, I think I need to sleep. Apologies Brother, Apologies Quayle.

**Loph digs into his bag and begins to unfold his bedroll, some potions, pieces of paper and a golden goblet fall out onto the floor as he does so.**

Argh.. I'll get those later, I just need to sleep."

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:57 am

"The gods became mortal as their home, the Realm of Faith, was damaged. I am not entirely sure how it happened but I believe safeguards have been put in place to stop it from happening again. We have been informed that the gods cannot help us, I believe they have been weakened exponentially by the deaths of so many of their followers. Either that or there is only a certain amount of godly power to go round and Velnashar has almost all of it.

The mountain, your home...it fell to earth shortly before the Glooms covered the world. It's several miles to the east of here...I had no idea Velnashar had control over your father until someone mentioned it to me when the realm fell. I wish you'd told me.

The wells, the sword, time travel...all good ideas. We will get some of the 'heroes of note' together to discuss how to resolve this situation. Now, I think we should all get some rest."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

rachel

Postby rachel » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:36 pm

((*Anyone with enhanced hearing can hear something moving near the window and the sound of sniffing*))
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:01 pm

There is a sound of glass smashing from upstairs. A few moments later a loud thud is heard, and a dark figure appears in the doorway to the room, cat eyes gleaming in the shadows.

"You're back from the Hopewastes then?"

*Haze*
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:46 pm

**Quayle leaps up at the sound of breaking glass and draws his sword ready for battle**

"Loph, you said one of those creatures was in Arnad Gaurhoth? It looks like it's found us."

He stands ready, sword in one hand and the other outstretched ready to cast, encanting quietly under his breath.

Tome of Magic 6.0

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:37 pm

The creature hisses in alarm and annoyance, quickly backing further into the shadows.

"What are you doing Quayle?! Don't you recognise my scent? Its Haze."
Characters:

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:41 pm

**Quayle visibly relaxes and lowers his arms**

"I'm sorry Haze. I think I may have a cold."

Tome of Magic 6.0

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:12 pm

There is a pause while the feline considers this, and then she stalks into the room, clearly unimpressed by Quayle's mistake.

"What is this creature that is hunting you in my territory?" she asks as she sniffs his hands in her usual greeting. "And what is that?" She peers intensely at the sleeping bundle of leaves lying on the seat next to him, tasting its scent with wary curiousity. Deciding it is neither prey or a threat, she moves away to sniff first Aquilla, then Loph, obviously expecting them to mimic her in some way.

"It is good to see you once more. Did you fight your way out of the Hopewastes? Have you come to stop Velneshar and the glooms?"
Characters:

Return to “Arnad Gaurhoth”