The Ruined House of Aquilla

For In Character events within the jungles of Arnad Gaurhoth

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Edd

Re: The Ruined House of Aquilla

Postby Edd » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:34 pm

"Yes."

Aquilla speaks simply, stepping out of the house. He hadn't been present in the conversation until now - he had sauntered of into his house the minute they arrived and had only just returned outside. Instead of the flowing robes of blue and Serkainin white robes, he wore an old shirt and trousers, a green tabbard with a hood and a leaf pendant around his neck.

"The Cloudlit Realm has fallen - our kin - both the Storm and Air elves are Free now...of a sort. We will stop Velnashar, we will do what we where always destined to do, Brother."

He unbuckles one of the two lightning blades at his hip, and hands one, hilt first, to Loph.

"I gave these to you before Kan Slaar took me again. It seems when you fell they were returned to my body. It is fitting, I think, for the Heirlooms of our people to be split between their two heirs."

Whether or not Loph takes the sword, Aquilla smiles at Haze,

"It is good to see you again, Haze, I am glad the Hopewastes didn't claim you. Will you help us in our fight against Velnashar and the glooms?"

He turns to Quayle. Inclining his head with a slight smile.

"Though I will always have Hope, I have left her connection with me at the Colourful Isle - to counter Dispair's grip on the place. As it stands, this mortal form belongs only to Freedom. We will free the world of Velnashar's grasp...I fear I am slightly out of touch with the hero community at the moment - who is alive, and whom should we seek to aid our cause?"
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:17 pm

"When you fell, the Heartlands was still covered with a magical mist. A group of heroes repaired the damage but inadvertently returned Erathil, however although he has claimed the Heartlands for the Elven people once more he does not appear to be the tyrant he once was. I am sure he would deal with any threat to his people without delay however his people believe in him and will follow him and this time not merely through fear.

The re-emergence of the Glooms coupled with the rise of a group known as the Pure Heart who believe those with essence to be the cause of all the world's ills and wish to kill us all has caused the hero community to become thinly spread. Warryn and the majority of the Elven survivors have been recalled to the Heartlands where their attention is concentrated on rebuilding their nation...Dvarni was outside of the domes of protection when the Glooms came. However, D'arvan Weyoun, a High Elven sorcerer of some power is one of the people most involved in returning the world to how it was. He is the new Anointed One and has a dome of protection around him that travels with him. The rest of the sentinels must remain within their own lands in order to keep their domes from falling. However, should we need to contact them or assist them there is a building on each land, magically linked to the others to enable travel between them. This house is one of them, the Haran's hunting lodge on Serke Kemi where we once dined with the Haran's ghost is one also, and there are several others...including The End's morgue in the Hope Wastes.

Other notable heroes include Kazrazil and Flash Coshwood, Ted of course, Farrek Char of the Rodera, Gizmo a light elven charm crafter, Reith a Larkant weapon crafter. Keladry Wright doesn't adventure much any more but runs The Arcane University in Ingolé and the Harans of the human tribes are former heroes Teyaspa, Uthred and Sylas Sage.

There has also been a notable increase in unnatural creatures working alongside us, I suppose they are affected by the Glooms too. Ulairi would be the most notable of these however he's High Priest of Despair so I doubt you will get along. Sundars, a fallen knight off Asternia and now a vampiric worshiper of Lazar fell during the ritual to erect the domes but has now returned. Oso, a demonic follower of Neffekeffen has been...useful in the past. Samuel is the forth Haran but he is...missing."

**Quayle thinks for a moment before continuing**

"I can't think of many others, so many have fallen, so many were lost when the glooms came. I...I haven't seen Fulica since before you fell."

Quayle
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:11 pm

**Loph raises his hand in dismissal of his brothers offer**

"I couldn't take it, in truth you know I always hated them. Too heavy at the base and I can't say the grip ever favoured me. The swords are yours.

**Loph listens intently at Quayles words**

So many names I don't recognise, as for Fulisa, I don't believe she's dead. It's no secret where myself, Aquilla and Kalist resided whilst in the hopewastes, if she is dead, I can't imagine she'd not seek us out.

As for the Rodera you mentioned, they've always been an inquisitive race. Full of ideas and answers to a lot of the questions we'd not even think to ask. It may do well for us to seek him out, I know Noore I'Meles well enough. I guess we should seek out the Sentinels of each land, if anyone would be working towards a plan to save the world it'd be them."

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:28 am

**Quayle sighs**

"I do not believe the sentinels are the answer. We chose people, not for their ability to stride out and smite evil but to stay in one place and be the focus for the ritual. If we could have chosen buildings rather than people, we would have done so.

In the Heartlands we had to choose between a member of Clandestine and one of Erathil's court. We chose someone loyal to Erathil as we felt it would save more lives.

On Draconis Tielvar the dragonkin did not trust us or wish to meet with us so we chose a man named Carlos as he was stationed at the trading grounds there, neutral ground between the clans.

In Sinya Palurin we chose a man named Yasmin...it was the hardest choice because it meant signing the death warrant on the other cities but we knew that Ingolé hadn't yet fallen to the Glooms whereas we didn't know about the other cities.

In Gweria we chose an undead because there was little other choice. The city of Varya had fallen and the undead promised to protect the living population.

In Dolen Talath we could not leave the house due to sand storms powerful enough to destroy Glooms, the woman responsible for this magic teleported into the house and we named her because there was no one else and because she promised the laws on slavery from owning a person for a lifetime to 10 years indentured servitude followed by freedom.

Here in Arnad Gaurhoth we chose a member of a race of telepaths recently freed from their underground prison because we a predator beastman couldn't promise to protect all prey and the prey couldn't promise to be last out of combat.

In Pharon Glos we left Setema as the Exile. She's imprisoned so we knew she wouldn't go very far and our only other choice was a member of the Midari who didn't trust us, believe us or even want to talk to us.

That just leaves Noore I'Meles where we had to choose between an Orc and a Rodera, who are at war with each other. I think we chose a Rodera in the end."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:51 pm

"Velnashar and his glooms slaughtered my kin and took my territory," replies Haze darkly. "I will gladly help you rip them apart."

She sniffs at the baby plantkin again, gently prodding it her hand, her claws retracted. At first she seems too engrossed in this to be paying much attention to her allies' words, but then she looks up to give her opinion.

"The gods cannot help us either. I have asked the Spirit of the Forest for guidance, but Velnashar is watching him and all the gods, and if they aid us they will be killed. The magic cards told us this too." She glances at Quayle. "At a meeting of Velnashar's enemies that Quayle and I went to it was suggested that Velnarshar is powerful because the Glooms are his followers and there are many of them. If we could take away his god powers or his link with the Glooms then he will be weakened. A rodera diplomat was there, the one you have talked about, and he seemed a useful ally to have. I can help you find him. Boing is in these forests offering aid if we help him overthrow the god of dreams, but I do not trust him. The other creatures Quayle spoke of, who may be valuable allies, can be found if they need to be. I have heard of another protection dome appearing nearby and there may be allies there, or at least territory. So we do not need to worry because we cannot trust the sentinals."

Speech finished, the feline starts to tidy her hair, eyes flicking between the three men to watch their reaction.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:25 pm

**Loph considers the points raised, taking a little time to mull over in his head.**

"Haze, I will travel to Noore I'Meles with you if you are happy to travel, the fact you know this Rodera will help and I know your experience as a tracker.

**Loph eyes Quayle and Aquilla**

"I think finding somewhere safe for Quilla is the most important thing you can do now Quayle, I'm not lying when I say we'll need your undivided attention and making sure Quilla is safe should be our number one priority. Brother, there is one place above all others that will be safe in these times, you know the place I speak of?

In the meantime D'arvan seems like someone we should seek out. If your two can find him whilst we find Farrek Char we can meet in Ingolé, the Arcane University seems the best place to draw up plans, we should send messages out from there, with a small 3 mile radius in only 10 places and instantaneous travel between those places it can't take long to round up people.

**Loph picks up his travel pack, slinging it onto his back.**

Anything to add, or should we get going?"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:21 pm

**Quayle picks up Quilla carefully, smiling at Haze's attention**

"Sounds like a plan. I think Farrek was last seen in Ingolé, but I can cast a Enquiry to make the search easier if you wish. I'll head to the Heartlands to seach out D'arvan, pretty sure that's where he'll be. Where is the safe place you are thinking of?"

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:10 pm

"If you could locate Farrak it would speed things up certainly"

**Loph turns to face Aquilla, smiling a little out of joy that they were both alive again.**

"As for the safe-place, Nathaniel spoke of it at times, I don't know it by name, and certainly not by location, but I think you might? Am I right Brother? I only hope it's within the Domes"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:44 am

"The Boltab Groves? Or somewhere else?"

**As he awaits a reply he begins an incantation**

"I call upon the powers of metamagic to unshroud the darkness around my mind, Danahil carry my intellect into the light, allow me to know that which I do not. I call upon the purest magic to grant me Insight, where is the Rodera I know as Farrek Char?"

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Aquilla nods at his brothers words and turns to Quayle.

"Where are the domes, exactly. It may be possible that Sanctuary is inside one of them, and thus safe. The other thing we need to discuss is our friends. Do you know many of the Stormbringers are still with us? We are going after Velnashar, that is what the group was created for..."
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:33 am

"I am ready to travel when you are," replies Haze, pleased that all this talk has resulted in some actions. "It is best it is soon, as I am travelling to the Heartland Dome in a few days to find out more about the new territory that has appeared."

Her eyes widen slightly in surprise at the way Quayle holds the baby plantkin, before she finishes tidying her hair, and checks the white mask and silver dagger hanging at her belt. Then she moves closer to Loph, ready to leave.
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:55 am

**Loph picks up his pack, looking at Haze and nodding in agreement.**

"Sure, we should leave. Have you had any luck tracking him Quayle?"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:38 am

"I don't know whether the houses in Pharon Glos, Gweria or Dolen Talath are within the domes. However, The Heartlands, Serke Kemi, Noore I'Meles and Draconis Tielvar certainly are but Sinya Palurin definitely is not. Actually, thinking about it there's a map upstairs in the smallest room showing the locations of the houses and the glooms. I suppose anywhere there are no glooms will show the boundaries of the domes.

Farrek is camped near the Healer's Hut in Noore I'Meles. As for The Stormbringers..."

**Quayle frowns slightly**

"I don't really know, I was never a member. Ted might know."

Tome of Magic 6.0

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:07 pm

"So that is what that strange hide is. It is still up there if you want it. Some of the prey have looked at it, but most are too frightened to enter a house." Haze's voice takes on a slightly scornful tone when talking about the other beastkin. "Will you teleport us to Farrek's territory, Quayle?"
Characters:

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:24 pm

A light shines in the room, so bright it becomes impossible to see the cause. As the light fades a familiar form stands within the fallen house of Aquilla. He looks around the room, nodding at those present and smiling a sad greeting before turning to his companion...

“What have you done Aquilla? The balance between Hope and Despair has been broken by giving up the position of Shining One! Hope’s power was linked to the souls of the faithful; you have broken that gift and your word of defending the Faith.
Despair has taken that advantage and Hope is in the process of being eternally weakened, with just enough power to remain so Despair does not die with Her!”

The Angel of Hope steps forward toward the Storm Elf, his eyes speaking volumes as he holds back tears.

“I... It is too late. The damage cannot be undone except with what is already taking place. Without Hope the world gives in. Without our Mistress, I cease to exist.

My power is adequate to sustain her for several months, that is not Her wish as we would both eventually pass into legend and be forgotten.
The choice is made. I am to leave here and remove the gift of The Shining One from Colourful Isle and then travel to Serke Kemi.

My journey it seems, goes back to the start. At the birth place of Hope and the site of my first death. There, as ordered by Her, I will take her place within the heavens. I will be stronger than Despair within the Planes as my power comes from Faith, friendship and love, it will sustain the two of us despite the weakening of the Gods.”

Taking one more step into an embrace with the Crown Prince of the Storm Elves he smiles and whispers a farewell...

“When the time comes, call for me. I will take your soul away from the Hopewastes and into the Planes of Hope. Be safe.”

The spirit does not fade, it waits and pauses, as if waiting for a response or as if it was thinking about something elsewhere...
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Return to “Arnad Gaurhoth”