Coming back

For In Character events within the deserts of Dolen Talath

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

rachel

Coming back

Postby rachel » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:08 pm

Feeling stunned and drained, Safina suddenly appears inside the Kor camp. She looks around her home, trying to suppress the anger that bubbles inside her at the sight of the Silent Ones. The night is cold and dark, and despite herself she starts to shiver as she strides across the sand to the solitary tent near the desert.

"Ishmael! Ishmael, my brother, are you there?"
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Brave Sir Robin

Re: Coming back

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Ishmael is meditating, and comes out of it slowly and sleepily at the sound of his name. He moves ponderously, almost disbelieving the evidence of his own senses. He pauses long enough to convince himself of the reality of the situation and suddenly his movements are frantic.

"SAFINA!"

Ishmael practically tumbles out of the tent and only his own relative weaknesses compared to Safina that prevents him bowling her off her feet as he flings his arm around her. Any normal man would be crying, but Ishmael is a Kor, and has already given too much water to the dead to waste any on the living.

Ishmael holds his sister, for a long time.

"How...? I mean, ... what...? But....? ... You're here."
I'm no geek, some of my best friends are in RL.
--------------------------------------------------------
Ishmael Kor

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:42 pm

At the sight of Ishmael appearing from the tent, a huge smiles spreads across Safina's face. She embraces her brother tightly, taking long, deep breaths to compose herself as tears threaten to spring into her eyes. Eventually she releases him slightly to answer his questions, arms still wrapped around him.

"I have been on the Plains of Battle with Leofric and our sister, Serie. We heard that there was an opportunity for some to return to the land of the living on a certain day, if we gathered certain magical feathers that had been left for us to find. The way between is guarded by powerful warriors, but they would let anyone with a feather through. I..." She falters slightly, then continues. "Leofric gave me a feather. I wanted him to follow me but there was magic preventing him. And Serie refused to take the feather instead of me."

She sighs. "I know I should not have left them, Ishmael. But when I heard that a Silent One had been made sentinal of the deserts I could not leave you at their mercy either."
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Brave Sir Robin

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:34 pm

It seems every emotion known crosses Ishmael's face in rapid succession as he tried to process what Safina is telling him.

"But no one has ever returned from the plains before, it is... impossible. Obviously we were mistaken."

He hugs his sister again.

"It is sad that others could not return, but there has been so much to mourn..."

Ishamel pauses, overwhelmed by his own thoughts.

"It is so good to see you."
Ishmael Kor

rachel

Postby rachel » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:18 am

Relief floods over Safina's face as Ishmael speaks, her guilt clearly allieviated.

"I will find a way to bring our sisters out of the Plains," she vows, voice hardened in determination. "They cannot be left there to fight forever. I met some of our tribe who were so filled with anger and madness they accused me of betraying them because I had died before them, I cannot leave Serie to the same fate. And Leofric is like a sister to me. Warryn may agree to help; I will go to him and ask when I know you are safe."

She studies Ishmael protectively, concern in her eyes.

"I have missed you so much, brother. Have the Silent Ones hurt you? You say there has been much to mourn and I can see you are tired. But I would like to know what has been happening while I have not been here. " She suddenly grins. "I heard some foolish talk while I was in the Plains that you turned down the opportunity to be a Sentinal."
Characters:

Brave Sir Robin

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:38 am

"The situation with Warryn may not be as simple as you hope. After your death, there was a war between the humans and the elves, and Warryn was on the other side of it. I believe he remains a good man, but he may not be able to do as he could wish."

Ishmael sighs

"I am safe, and no, the silent ones have not hurt me. They ignored our people, when they were not criticising our ways, but there have been no open hostilities. None of our people were offered a chance to be sentinel, the matter was not even discussed with us. But undoubtedly we would have refused it were it so, no Kor can serve a master but his or her own conscience and the voice of the elders."

Ishmael's voice grows harder, showing the tension he feels, the weight of whatever burden he bears.

"But the situation with the Silent Ones rapidly became untenable. The Kor could not live here, and so our people went back into the desert, briefly protected from the glooms to complete a ritual. Our tribe has been frozen in time, awaiting the end of this crisis, the Kor are safe, but locked away. There are, perhaps, a dozen of us outside the ritual. One of us must survive to free our people when the world is safe for them once more. This is the duty that now presses on each of us."
Last edited by Brave Sir Robin on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ishmael Kor

rachel

Postby rachel » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:22 pm

"What madness is this?" Safina frowns. "What do you mean that our tribe is frozen time and have left you the responsibility of making the world safe again? Are there enough women left to protect you properly? Is my son and his father frozen too?"

She abruptly stops, seeing the stress lining Ishmael's face, and forces a gentle smile.

"There is no need for you to worry about surviving, brother, I will not let anyone hurt you. Before I gave my life to protect you, and I would gladly do so again, even if it meant returning to the Plains. What can be done about the Silent ones? Is there not a way of moving apart from them as we were before, so that we do not have to listen to the barbaric ways they treat their men?"

She realises that the night is getting colder and her brother is likely to be more weary than he seems. She herself is feeling drained from the emotional events of the day.

"Do you want to go into the tent to sit? I have no water, but Leo gave me some food to carry before I left."
Characters:

Brave Sir Robin

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:30 am

Ishamel sighs.

"Come into the tent. We are water rich, even if all else is lost. You should rest, when you awake I will try to recount all that has happened since you passed away."

The two Kor go into the tent, and there is more hugging and very subdued celebration at the return of Safina.
Ishmael Kor

Return to “Dolen Talath”