hospitality

For In Character events within the Frozen North

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Damiensluman

hospitality

Postby Damiensluman » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:44 am

On the Weston side of the dome in the setting sunlight several elves and humans are working together building a wall of ice. A few hundred yards within this wall is an exquisite ice building surrounded by fur tents. The buldeng is decorated with colered ice and prodly displays symbles of varea.

Within this ice building proditor can be seen without his amore waring a simple black robe.
Thare is a crash as a shadow elf runs towards him.
Proditor stands and faces him.

You disturbed my worship and you have broken one of my sacred rules. No weppons in vareas temple.

The shadow elf looks in a panic to the daggers on his belt. He then falls to one knee bowing befor proditor.

My lord my opoligys for my disrespect but I bring new of the utmost importance. A lage number of peple have appeared within the dome. I sens some kind of ritul magic. the human haran silas sage is with them and our brother in arms warren.

Proditor stops to ponder a few moments.

Take as many troops as you see fit and head there at once. I feel we should show them some hospitality. Anyone who is spare instukt to start building tempy accommodation for our... gust. If Silas Sage joines you make shore he has a gard. Im shore i don’t need to remind you of the conflict with the humans.

Ones agen the shadow elf bows

As you wish my lord.

(anybody who whold be around long enoth to get this message is invited to take refuge the city of traditio quod interficio. )

Luke

Re: hospitality

Postby Luke » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:31 am

Warryn walked forward with the others. He promised himself he wouldn't stay long, the ice felt wrong beneath his feet and this felt like more of Crystal and Temporils territory. Still, colonies were useful...

Upon arrival, and introduction he demanded to see whoever was in charge of the troops, and if they still followed the pheonix. He had meant to get this group in check but never found the time to travel this far north. Still, now was an opportunity to increase his strength, whilst updating them on the new political situation with the humans.

Untouched by the Pure Heart and maybe even the Soulless the Frozen North was an important bastion which the Coshwoods could retreat to if the Heartlands were taken. Even as he spoke he could feel the colour draining from his skin instead taking an emerald tone.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Warryn is taken to a tent just outside the temple an opaning apperes in the tent letting a brease of warm air to flow out of it. he enters and the gap qwikly closes behind him.
inside the tent is filled with proud displays of vareas types of amore the tents ownere whold normaly be waring. to one side a winter elf sits behind a small stump of a table beating sum king of hide or skin into hair thin sheets. There is a large grand looking table with a shaddow elf behind it dresed in simple black robes. Stood next to him is a life elf dresed in ratha eligent flowing robes holding onto an eqwly grand staff he is unmistakably some kind of mage. behind them is a grand looking bed with a mureal of a black phinix.

he stands bowing his head slightly to Warryn. He terns to the winter and light elf.
leave at ones this is not public informashon
the both bow and leave.
the shaddow elf smiles at Warryn and bows.
it is a plesher to finaly meet you Warryn. i am glad i finaly have contact with someone outside the forzen north
he terns to a small pot on his desk from it he pors a steaming liqwed wich he offeres to Warryn
a broth made from seal meat.
now you will nodout be after an update. i have sent out manny messagers to the phinix but non have ever reternd.

he sits behid his desk
watt whold you like to know

Luke

Postby Luke » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:08 am

Warryn refused the drink, worried it might dull his senses. He didn't like not being able to see through the ground so he was relying on everything else instead.

To be to the point. I want to know who is in charge, what their allegiance to Lord Erathil is, how many troops you command, the situation here.

He took a breath. I am not here for diplomatic reasons, just by chance. But if you are allies, as all elves should be then we have much to discuss about bringing your troops into line with the rest of the Elven armies. There is training to undergo, equipment to be issued and a restructuring of command to suit the situation.

He said all this with no emotion. As far as he was concerned these people were elves, and thus they were under the jurisdiction of the Pheonix.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:51 am

Proditor looks at Warryn with a look of confushon.
has the pinix forgoten us.
he shakkes his head befor sitting behind his desk agan.
well my name is proditor and i have been in serves to the phinix my hole life. I started as the right hand man to captain anihill untill his posishon was comprised. shortly after that I joined Christel and Kazrazill Coshwood on an exspodishon to this land to find what had happen to the winter elf... hek i even saved Kaze's life. but I digress.
Well we found the winter elfs and I decided to stay to help them build a new life and teach them of the phinix.
I currently have around 50 troops at my disposal both elf and human. They have all sworn loaltys to me and I cannot see us having problems with a human mutany.
we have a breading program to breed seals for meat fur and bone witch is going well and ice fishing is providing a plentiful bounty.
wen the dome exspanded we moved hear and are building a fort of ice to provide substashel living accommodation.
Now ansore me this

he closes his eyes consered for the ansore
did the phinix forget us?

Luke

Postby Luke » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:22 am

Warryn looked a little disappointed. Fifty troops, and not all of them elves was pathetic.

My Brother does not forget you, but you forget your place. I won't be made demands of.

He looked around the area for guards, still D'arvan was with him and Warryn couldn't see this settlement posing any real threat.

You should understand that your work here, with regards to the whole world, is not always at the top of everyone's list. I have been at war, I cannot be kept up to speed with every little part of Erathil's business. But now I am here I can deal with the situation...

You will continue your work, raise, train and arm as many soldiers as you possibly can. Every morning you will hold a meeting with your troops on the merits of serving the Pheonix to solidify loyalty. No human is to rank above that of an elf. You, being in charge, will have complete autonomy otherwise to run this area. HOWEVER.

He took a serious tone
You answer to my Brother and myself, if called upon you will make all haste to us. We will do our best to supply you with weapons, armour and supplies. Better systems of communication will have to be established between here and Dvarni. And finally, yet most importantly, once you are secure here you will begin the building of a small fort. This will be a safehouse for the Coshwoods incase the heartlands is compromised. No human is to work on the building, planning or creation of this fort. Have I made myself clear?

Onyx hummed lightly, the demi-god inside the shield had been whispering to Warryn the entire time, giving him advice on what to say and how to conduct himself. Aggression and stubborness seemed to be predominant. This was no time to look weak.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Your words contradict those of the Phoenix.
It was he who said that racism cannot be allowed within his ranks. Therefore I cannot demote someone of sufficient skill to hold rank based merely on their race. My apologies that your orders cannot be met but this is the word of the Phoenix and I heard it from the mans mouth. I shall not go against that.
But i shall build you a safe house and those who guard within its walls shall be elven only.
Lectures already are in place to ensure loyalty. You will not find more loyal subjects anywhere, human or elf.
Commissioned weapons and armour are greatly needed and shall be warmly welcomed.
Now another question, if I may.
I intend to recruit as many of those you have brought with you but I do not know who they are.
On a personal note... are you still anything to do with shield?

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:34 pm

I will make this painfully clear because I am tired from fighting the God of Undeath, and I don't have time to waste on being refused.

He let that sink in for a second.

You will do EXACTLY as I say. I am not some fool. I am Erathils voice, his sword, his shield, and his blood. Refusing my ORDERS is the same as challenging him directly. If you would like I can call him here and you can explain why he has had to take time to explain himself to an insubordinate like you.

He took a breath, still emotionless.

No human is to rank above an elf. Human women are to be allowed one child. Elven women are to be allowed two. This will be reviewed as the food situation increases. Elven women are to be supplied with food and supplies before all others if they have children, with the rest trickling down to those with less. All are to work for their share.

Any non compliance will be seen as thievery and against Erathils law. Should you again refuse to accept these orders then I will consider it as an act of war on Erathil himself, at best I will duel you for leadership of the army, at worst I will turn you stone where you stand. Really the result is the same.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:37 pm

as for SHIELD, I lead and master it. Anything else... What was your name again?
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:58 am

He bows slightly
Then it shall be done as to the word of the phenix and pease be his name.
As for sheald onece a moon ago I was interested in joining. That still stands

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:13 am

Good.

Warryn seemed pleased.

I will need to see your skills as a guardian and fighter before I can induct you. Prove yourself, in battle, if I hear of your deeds then I shall let you join. The group of refugees with our party are a strange lot, most are beastmen with some of those mind creatures. The same rules apply, loyalty to my brother is to be rewarded, but the elves must stay at the top. Farewell young elf, you are being trusted here with the first elven colony. It is a great honour and responsibility.

he stomped out of the tent, having no idea if he had done any of that right.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:17 pm

He bows and reterns to his papers

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Later that day warryn returned to the tent with a letter in hand. It bore the phoenixs seal.

the subject of black shirakan and midari.

Research is to be done on the training of the above groups as shock troops in the elven armies. If possible they will be used in open warfare as line breakers, and as a morale weapon. Otherwise they can be used in special missions to take and destroy strategic locations as and when seen fit by the elven generals. A full report on the success of such research is to be completed by the end of the month and sent to the palace in Dvarni.

Calyrin, secretary to the Phoenix King

Warryn dropped the letter on the desk.

I will help if you need it.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:21 pm

proditor raeds the letter
i shall see that it is done
he bows