Burning Hands

For In Character events within the Frozen North

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Burning Hands

Postby Ben » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:37 pm

**It would be cliché to say he arrived in a flash of magic or a puff of smoke, but both were vaguely true.

Air was pushed aside as Quayle appeared near the refugee camp. His armour and weapons glowed red with heat and the snow within several feet of his arrival melted in seconds. He was surrounded in smoke which dissipated rapidly and he brushed a layer of burning ash from his shoulders and hair. His body gently steaming, the snow and ice melting where he walked, he went looking for Sylas hoping he had yet to return to Ingolé**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Dom

Re: Burning Hands

Postby Dom » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Sylas is sitting on a fur rug near a large fire. He is rapped in a fur and wool cloak and is counting beads on a chain from one hand into the other. On seeing the steaming Quayle approach, he puts the beads down and reaches for a bottle of amber liquid.

Urgh, your back glad to see someone is warm in this awful place. I was just trying to meditate but its pretty tough to consentrate with the cold and all. Anyway Warren seems to have things in order here so i was going to head back to Ingolé shortly, would you join me?

He take a swig of the liquid and offers some to Quayle.
"I genuinely have never enjoyed an event so much" Ben 08/09
"Never enough dead players" Will 2011
"Cutting off people's faces is Sick!" Malven aka Flash 2011
http://www.jitsu.me/Home.html

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:02 pm

**Quayle takes a deep draught from the bottle and hands it back**

"I lost the sword, I'm sorry."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

Dom

Postby Dom » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Sylas almost chokes on his gulp of whisky.

You did what? How? You had it when the ritual brought you here?

He composes himself

No worry we can find it easyily enough that or i can make another. I think that it is tied in some way to The Quarin but for my plans i just need any artifact that is god touched. The hammer, or the cup. It makes little difference. Unless it is mentioned in some long fogotten prophecie that will detail our actions excatly. Then the world may unravel. Either way Ingolé is warmer than here and we have a library to read and students to do reaseach for us. let us away.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:41 pm

**Quayle looks down at the floor**

"I had a nightmare about Singe being turned by the Quarin. I teleported back to the cave of the underdwellers then took her to the Morne Mountain, there's a crater at its peak where the molten rock burns with fire. I lay her body in the lava and channeled the power of the sword into her...I didn't open a circle, I didn't think the sword could be destroyed without one. I thought the worst that could happen was...well...nothing. But the sword just crumbled into dust in my hands and her body returned to the fire."

**He looks up at the Haran again**

"Back to Ingolé sounds good, I haven't seen D'arvan, I don't know whether he's here I just know he's not dead. We should head to the house that's ritually linked to the others, we can use that to return to Sinya Palurin."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:50 pm

A bright light suddenly flickers from the doorway. Singe leans against the doorframe, smiling shyly at the two humans.

"Hi."
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:39 pm

**Quayle turns at the voice and his eyes widen in surprise**

"Singe? Are you..." he was going to say 'alive' but knew that would sound foolish. As would 'okay' or 'well', however he had started the sentence now "...ready to leave this place? We were just about to travel to the house in the hope we can use it to return to Ingolé."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

rachel

Postby rachel » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:17 pm

Singe nods, staring at the two men curiously. After a pause she asks, "Aren't you both surprised to see me? Did you kill the nasty creature?"
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:05 pm

**Quayle takes a moment, considering**

"We couldn't kill it. We think it required The Sword of Life to defeat it. We managed to find the sword but not the creature...then we lost the sword."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

Dom

Postby Dom » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:31 pm

When Singe appeard round the door Sylas' eyes went wide with shock. He turned to look away take a large swig from the bottle and locks down the emotion.

Quayle is right we should be getting back, i have been too long away from the university and the palace. I also had a meeting that should have started yesterday.

He turns a looks directly at Singe

You can tell us as we walk, but what happend after i carried you to the underdwellers cave? Where did you go? Remember details are important even if they dont seem it.

He gets up and throws the cloak that was over his knees around his shoulder.

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:05 am

Singe nods again, and after a long, wistful look at the pile of wood and coal next to the burning fire, turns to leave.

"I didn't go into any cave; I went into the Hopewastes. And I found Feerian, and he was nice, and we talked about what you do once you're dead..."

She suddenly stops and starts to sway. "You ARE pleased to see me aren't you?" She glances at Quayle before turning her anxious gaze to Sylas.
Characters:

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:11 pm

**Quayle smiles reassuringly, picks up a log from the pile and hands it to Singe**

"Of course we're pleased to see you. I think it fair to say that when you died, Sylas was more distraught than anyone else. We both tried to heal you then Sylas carried your body to the cave of the underdwellers, I fetched you later and took you to the volcano on top of the Morne Mountain...it's where Kazrazil was created and I believe there is still a link there to the plane of fire...your body returned to the flame along with the sword."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

rachel

Postby rachel » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:27 pm

Singe beams at the gift of a log. She bites off a huge mouthful and chews eagerly, becoming more and more excited as Quayle speaks.

"You took me to the volcano! That's the bestest place. But I don't know why the sword disappeared in the fire because the Sword of Life is really really powerful and can't just be destroyed. Though we sacraficed it in a ritual to save the world, so it probably wasn't the real Sword of Life, only pretend. And I still don't know how I'm alive..."

Her flames become brighter and hotter.

"The Sword! The Sword brings people back to life!"
Characters:

Return to “Pharon Glos - The Frozen North”