Looking

For In Character events on the small island where the plantmen known as Brocklings originate

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Damiensluman

Looking

Postby Damiensluman » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:29 pm

Traga can been seen looking around the island.
Every so often he sees a flower that caches his eye. He gives the bush a quick poke with his walking stick and picks the flower placing it into his pack.
‘ahh excuse me’
he calls to a passer by
‘ do you know if Ancalimon…’
They walk past him ignoring his comment.
Traga sighs and carrys on.

Huw

Re: Looking

Postby Huw » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:53 pm

The door to Ancalimon's shop is open, and some faint noises can be heard inside. A tinkle of glass. A children's rhyme.

Inside, a large human in a tabard bearing the symbol of Gerethanax is sitting slumped on the shop floor. Facing him, apparently lying on the air itself, is Ancalimon, with a selection of small bottles arrayed in front of him. As Traga enters the door, he can hear the elf talking.

"-Miney, moe,
if he sqeals, let him -This one! There you go."

Ancalimon picks up a bottle and hands it to the man, who drinks it. They both look at each other, expectant, then the man blinks.
"...well?" Says Ancalimon.
"I don't know. Maybe a dud?"
"I don't make duds! Maybe it was a soul poison. That'd be-" hearing the door, Ancalimon turns his head. "Who's that? Is that - Traga? Traga! Fantastic! Come and play Danger Alchemy." He reaches over and tosses a potion to Traga.
Ancálimon y Festaer y Helyanwe, Alchemist
Azael Bannon, Telefret High Mage
Fox, Shaman of the Tsimshian

It's only a game.

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:02 pm

I’m sorry

he says clumsily caching the bottle

Danger Alchemy???

He scratches his head trying to ges watts in the bottle.

ok I give up watt is it and watt am I supposed to do??

Huw

Postby Huw » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:47 pm

"Drink! It could be...a healing potion, or anything. Maybe a poison, I think there was a magic immunity potion and a deep sleep one. Really deep sleep. Oh, and an experimental cure for a Demon Werewolf."

He claps. "Drink up and we'll find out! Then it's my go. That's the game."

It's only a game.

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Traga looks at Ancalimon with a look of confusion.

Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t you have a moral objection to poison.

He sits down and continues inspecting the bottle.

Huw

Postby Huw » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:55 pm

"Probably. Or I did. I don't know, don't care anymore. Are you going to drink that? We can just skip you. One more rockskin potion and Borric becomes a statue." He gestures at the human, who nods. "That'll be...something."
Abruptly, he leans back and stares at the ceiling of the shop. "Gods, who'd have thought that giving your soul to Despair would be so boring!"
Last edited by Huw on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's only a game.

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:08 pm

Traga’s jaw drops

Despair?.... hmmm appears ive missed qwit a lot .

He pleases the mystery bottle into his bag.

So um .. can you tell me how and more importly why despair has your sole.

Watt happened…

Traga stops suddenly as if struck by terror.

Can you still teach alcome?

Huw

Postby Huw » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:52 pm

There's something...off in the way Ancalimon is talking. His mannerisms are as Traga remembers, but his face is almost always blank, regardless of what he is saying.

"Teach? Teach? Definately not, that sounds like effort. Either drink the potion or don't, maybe something will happen."
He sits up, still floating.
"Anyway, I'm surprised you missed it. The glooms were taking over the island, we all thought we were going to die, and then the High Priest of Lord Despair turns up and offers us the chance to survive. I thought it was a bad idea at the time...can't remember why. Did you know this is where Lord Despair was created? He's had a following here ever since."

The elf reaches over and picks up a bottle, which he uncorks and drinks in one go. "Arrgh! That must be the Demon Werewolf cure. Faugh." He pulls a face. "Only thing that would have done is made an angry werewolf with bad breath. Typical. Your turn, Borric."

Borric looks up and for the first time something approaching emotion crosses his face. Almost a smile. "The Lord Despair saved us from the glooms. The Priest says that once we have renounced Ho- the God that is the opposite of Lord Despair - and given ourselves to the Lord, we will be reunited with our souls."

He reaches forward and takes a potion and, like Ancalimon, opens it and drinks it in one.

It's only a game.

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Tragas face begins to screw up in anger.

I found a safe place… and I stayed there

He grabbed a few of the bottles stuffing them into his bag he then terns to Ancalimon grabbing him by the shoulders forcing him to look into his eyes. Taga’s eyes currently look nothing like watt Ancalimon rembers they now look like Wolfe eyes.

Who was he watt is his name. Tell me pass on the knowledge. Yasmina god of knowledge. Rember. A tru god. Your god. Do not let disperse grasp you anymore. You are not his servant.

Tragar gets up and heads to one of the shelves taking down the shrine to yasminar which he pleases in front of Ancalimon.
He then goes to his bag pulling out a book as he opens it Ancalimon sees a symbol of the sun on the fist page.

In the beginning there was the jewel perfectly balanced then came garthaxe who covered it in earth and made the mountains…

Traga flicks throw a few pages

Yasminar servant of Lennimow. Believed to be the wisest of the god’s anointed god of wisdom.
You serve yasminar not despair. Deny the grasp disperse has on you. Rember who you are. Master alchemist. Preacher of knowledge teacher of alchemy…frend.

He terns to the man baring the syble of garithnaxe.

He coted the jewel in earth and hill he made the landscape on which we walk.
The one who is operset to despair. There name should be spoken allowed for they are a god of worthy intention. They are a god woth following a god who has earned the right to hear there name spoken allowed unlike the one …who is opposite to hope.

Huw

Postby Huw » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Ancalimon looks with detatched interest at Traga, swaying limply when the human grabs his shoulders. He says nothing, and stares mutely at the shrine of Yashmanar in front of him.
Borric looks bemused at Traga, holding the book. "His name? I...I can't remember. That's strange. We just call him the Priest."

As Traga says the word "Hope" he feels a sharp pain in his head, as well as his soul. (((Despair 1 and Cause Wound 1, head))).

After a pause, Borric's eyes begin to glow with a yellow light. Ancalimon looks up. "Wait - I should be charging you for those potions...right?"

It's only a game.

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:46 pm

Traga falls down unconscious (0 to head)

Huw

Postby Huw » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:51 am

Ancalimon frowns over Traga's unconscious body. "Did he say...that name?" He says to Borric.
Borric picks up another potion and nods, then drinks. Ancalimon leans forward and begins to look over the remaining potions in front of him, as Borric hiccups, some green smoke coming out of his mouth.

Finding the potion he's looking for, Ancalimon, still blank faced, pours a tiny bit onto his sleeve and rubs it onto the wound on Traga's head carefully. The wound begins to close as the elf sits back, and in a short while Traga wakes up. (((Heal 1 head, but not soul.)))

"It's a bad idea to say..."that name" around here. You've just found out why." The elf pauses, looks at Borric. "Now that's intersting..."

The human sways, groans, and topples over slowly with a thump. Some more green smoke comes out of his mouth and he begins to snore. Ancalimon flinches away from him, and for a moment something like fear crosses the elf's face. It passes almost instantaneously, though, and he turns back to Traga.

"There was something you said earlier. About knowledge. And teaching. Is that important? I can't remember."

It's only a game.

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Traga smiles and lets out a short chuckle.

Why why cant you say that name…fear. He fears that name. he is scared of it. He’s a dam cowered dose Velmishare fear the name of his fellow gods. Dose Vara fear the name inhalation. No they are tru gods of tru power they have nothing to fear.

Traga picks up his book

Yasminar god of knowledge and wisdom. YOUR god. You wish to learn to teach to gain knowledge and to pass it on. It is who you are. It is very very important.

Traga terns to Borric and opens his book.

Let me pass on watt wisdom I have. You see that symbol on his face. Garithanaxe He coted the jewel in earth and hill he made the landscape the earth holds the plants and trees this world around us.

He points to the shrine

Yasminar servant of Lennimow god of wisdom. to teach to learn, it is who you are.

He then opens his book and reads.

Velmishare the sun. god of chaos and destruction. My god .

He goes to his bag and pulls out a tattered looking puter mug.
He then pulls out a bottle holding watt looks like lamp oil which he pours into the mug.

By the fires of my god that flow thro me and my vains (ignite)
Despair is a darkness that plagues this land. He has striped the gods from this land. Pray with me bring the gods back to this land. Make a beckon of light to banish the darkness. Pray pray for kolage the kolage to see watt has happened to you. Pray to become the master alchemist and friend I now. Lets bring our gods back to this land and banish the darkness.

Huw

Postby Huw » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Ancalimon shuffles away from Borric slightly. "Hey, this should be something. More interesting than Danger Alchemy. The Priest is not going to appreciate you insulting Depsair."

"Anyway, I know I worship Yashmanar. I used to teach, and I will again, I'm just...tired...at the moment."
He settles to watch Traga and his burning cup.
"Oh, and you never mentioned worshipping Velneshar before."

It's only a game.

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:11 pm

Taga looks at him almost baffled.
You never asked
traga places his book back into his bag.
I donot fear nightmares nore gods… I passed that stage a long time ago.
I will insult them speak there enemy’s name and kill thos who follow them if I see fit. Dakron hasant stoped me yet and I dout despair will
Traga gose to his bag pulling out a small bottle.
Tiered you say
He stops pondering a while.
Ok drink this. Trust me it will help

Return to “The Colourful Isle”