The Incoming Storm

For In Character events on the small island where the plantmen known as Brocklings originate

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: The Incoming Storm

Postby Ben » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:27 am

**Quayle listens to Aquilla**

"There's no one here but us."

Quayle
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

The Chosen

Postby The Chosen » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:06 pm

After about 5 minutes, a figure comes walking into view around the Shrine to all Gods.
As he approaches, Quayle recognises the Priest of Despair, who he named Sentinel.

Who are you, to come here and name the Enemy? How did you get here?

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:44 pm

"Apparently I was wrong.

This is Aquilla, he fell here two years ago and eight years from now but has risen again, he didn't get here because he never left. I am Quayle, I believe we've met before."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

The Chosen

Postby The Chosen » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:48 pm

You should know by now that naming the Enemy here is forbidden. Despair's displeasure strikes at those who forget. But thrice you have named them - why?

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:32 pm

"I have difficulty following laws that I am told about, let alone those I am supposed to pick up due to suffering the punishment. In fact I sometimes have difficulty following good and just laws rather than the capricious whims of a god. The more I am forced not to do something, the more inclined I am to do it."

Quayle looks to Aquilla for a second

"He, on the other hand, is doing it just to be belligerent"

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

The Chosen

Postby The Chosen » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:45 pm

Then leave. The Enemy is not welcome here, in name or in any other form. Nor is anyone who cannot obey simple laws. So leave my Island, and take your false god elsewhere.

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:29 pm

**In a flash of light Lophaetus appears about 5ft to the left of Quayle, he stands drinking from a golden cup and with a small bundle in his arms. Upon seeing his new surroundings his hand immediately dives into the bundle, rummaging through leaves until he feels what he is looking for. He breaths a long and slow sigh of relief before taking a glimpse of his surroundings. On noting the 3 figures he smiles at the sight of his brother before turning to Quayle. He almost seems to say something before the robed figure catches his eye. A tentative hand slides down to the hilt of his sword**

"Quayle.. Brother, is everything ok here?"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:41 pm

**Quayle speaks quietly, more seriously**

"You were named as Sentinel, not ruler. You are a guardian of those who live or visit this island, you do not get to choose who those people are. You accepted this and now you must either live with it or have your title stripped from you."

**As Lophaetus appears, Quayle jumps back drawing his sword before his eyes realise who it is and he drops the weapon and stepping towards Loph sweeping the baby from his arms. He struggles for words for a few seconds as he looks from his son to the Elf before simply reaching around his neck and embracing him, tears falling from his eyes.**

"Thank you."

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:37 pm

"I'm so sorry Quayle, I put your Son in so much danger, I can only thank the gods that somehow I managed to get him out of that place."

**Lophaetus eyes the cloaked sentinel, before turning back to Quayle**

"There are some other matters I need to discuss with you in private if possible, I met a friend of yours in the hopewastes"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:21 pm

"He was dead and now he is alive...danger was a certainty in the wastes. A friend...or a friend? Aquilla...we cannot fight here...not yet, let's leave this place, we will return."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:04 am

"Definately friend."

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:28 am

**Quayle frowns for a second and then nods before reaching out and touching Aquilla and Lophaetus**

"Lophaetus, Aquilla, I think it's time we left. We'll come back to this place one day, I promise. Metamagic heed my call. Transport us from this place to...the ruined house of Aquilla within Arnad Guarhoth. Take us there directly, a straight path through the earth, Mass Teleport"

**Assuming they are willing, Aquilla, Lophaetus, Quilla and Quayle disappear, reappearing here**

Tome of Magic 6.0

The Chosen

Postby The Chosen » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:42 pm

The Chosen slowly relaxes, releases his control on magic and untenses.

...that was easier than expected.

Something needed to be done about people - paticuarly followers of the Enemy - just appearing here. The Island was not ready for visitors, at least until Despair's work was complete.

Something else to do. But first, he'd recieved word that they'd finally caught that bloody preacher. So first things first...

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:00 am

Before Aquilla leaves, he closes his eyes and utters a prayer to his Lady that none but he, his lady, and Kalist can hear.

"Mistress of Hope, hear me now. Your brother once told me that one cannot exist without the other, that as long as their is Hope, there will be Dispair. The two of you are balance, the two of you are equal. This place is filled with Dispair, but by His own logic, it must also be filled with Hope. It must be this balance that lead Quayle to bring me back here, he did not know it, but Eramine's will, the balance of Hope and Dispair must be fulfilled. But this world also needs me. I cannot stay here and do battle against the foe without losing more to the glooms, to the dark god. I must bring Hope to the world, but I cannot leave this place without a manifestation of Hope. Kalist, I am sorry to do this, but you know the nature of my heart and that this is right. I will always have Hope.

By the power vested in me by the Lady of Hope, the ascended Kami of Serke Kemi, risen at the fall of Triundune,
By the power vested in me by Her Emissary, the Tisite Liason, her angel,
By the power vested in me by Tsu Ling, first to take the mantle I now hold,
I leave this place, but not without Hope.

Spirit of the Shinning One, Soul Brother, Hope Bringer,
Stay in my place.
Be the Light in the Darkness, Shine here, and never go out.
Let the champions of evil fear your presence,
and let the innocent who feel you know comfort.

I will return to this place, I swear this on my Lady's name.
I will bring Freedom to the souls captured here.
Hope has returned to this Island, and I will restore the balance.
"

With that, he lets the Spirit of Tsu-Ling, the Shinning One of Hope, leave his form, and reside on the Island - a constant presence of light.

For into the Light, the goodly are welcomed.
With the Light, the darkness is banished.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:59 pm

Within Aquilla's mind, he sees three figures standing in three shining circles. There are five circles altogether, four link into one central circle: the brightest of all in which stands the shining form of Hope herself. In one of the other circles stands Kalist, in the last Tsu-Ling. The remaining two circles are dull and empty.

"I am the Lady of Hope, ascended at the fall of Triundune in Serke Kemi."

"I am her emissary, Tisite Liaison, angel, Kalist. Hello Aquilla."

"I am Tsu Ling, first Shining One. Soul Brother and Hope Bringer."

"We are Hope." this is spoken in unison.

"This place is touched by Despair, held by Despair, owned by Despair."

"But Hope is a light, it may be harder to see from further away, but it still shines."

"Hope does not recognise lands or distance. Hope is in the world therefore Hope is in this land."

"There is more Despair than Hope. More darkness than light."

"But only in the darkest times can the light of Hope shine brightest."

"Hope is weak here. Despair is strong."

"You will redress the balance."

"We will await your return."

There is a whisper as the vision ends, barely heard.

"I hunger."

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “The Colourful Isle”