Heart of Pargon LARP 2016

A general place for you to discuss Heart of Pargon and ask the team any questions that you have about anything. Upcoming events will be listed here.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Alexander

Heart of Pargon LARP 2016

Postby Alexander » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:10 pm

To Sirs and Madams it may concern
Good morning or afternoon
Excuse me

Hello, I am writing this to ask about events this summer holiday. Although my middle name is Alexander, most people know me by another name, and my use of Alexander is just to keep my name from showing up on search engines. Many moons ago I attended a sekerikemi weekend event in the summer and pretended to be some monsters which was fun (Herein lies an excuse: I can sometimes be shy, and in that sekerikemi event I arrived worried, but rather than just be shy the whole time I did something to overcome it, and just acted as though I was not shy, but that has some bad side-effects, which I experienced at the event, which were: Not smiling, acting impulsively and saying things when it it not appropriate, and not being aware of this because I was acting as though it was all fine. It's like that drug for depression that actually made people more likely to commit suicide because it made people more impulsive. My excuse is that I'm not normally like that. A while after the event I was thinking about the event and suddenly it occurred to me that it might have been me who fell over with the spear and had the tip against the ground! :O Please accept my apology, owner of the spear, and I hope it is not damaged.). I also joined in that weekend about a year earlier when there was a god of chance and then there was a prince being brought back from the underworld but some of the rescuers got left behind and Book got burned alive.
I've not got a Facebook account so I can't ask on that. Because it's better to be safe than sorry, here are some more excuses: Whatever I may have said about the rules and how I think they could be better, I still think they are fun as they are, and I understand that they can never be ones that are perfect to everyone.

From me
“Fiore... of the noble house of dei Liberi of Premariacco... in his youth wanted to learn how to fight and the art of combat in the barriers. Of Spear, Axe, Sword and Dagger, and of fighting on foot or mounted, armoured or not armoured."

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: Heart of Pargon LARP 2016

Postby Ben » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:36 pm

I remember you, you were great and there's no need to make excuses about anything.

I'm 35 and sometimes when on my own I remember something I did from 5, 10, 20 years ago that makes me cringe with embarrassment and then I remind myself of something: chances are no one except me remembers it!

We have our week long event coming up, starting Thursday up in Stoke. However, after that I don't think we've got anything planned in the Summer. You're welcome to come along but obviously it's short notice! Even if you don't have a Facebook account, the Heart of Pargon group is open so you should be able to browse Heart of Pargon. If not, get a Facebook account ;)
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Alexander

Re: Heart of Pargon LARP 2016

Postby Alexander » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:31 pm

Aah, the dreaded cringes of the awkward that plague many a waking moment. I know them only too well. And yet, and yet, I expect there are those who remember. Woe that I only checked this website this afternoon, for I feel most unprepared, and woe that there be no more planned this summer, and my birthday is on Sunday, and next week there's something Viking-related called something living history week near my home. However much it aches me to mutter it unto my one begotten keyboard, I may lie in wait for a while more, waiting, waiting for another time. I say to you, fine sir, I would sooner fashion for myself a hat and then eat it than register myself on a social networking website.
“Fiore... of the noble house of dei Liberi of Premariacco... in his youth wanted to learn how to fight and the art of combat in the barriers. Of Spear, Axe, Sword and Dagger, and of fighting on foot or mounted, armoured or not armoured."

Return to “Discussion and Questions”