Alcohol

A general place for you to discuss Heart of Pargon and ask the team any questions that you have about anything. Upcoming events will be listed here.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Alcohol

Postby Ben » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:36 pm

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular and has been an issue for as long as I've been roleplaying and I'm sure for at least a decade before that.

Please can I ask people not to drink to excess the night before adventures.

I've been as guilty of this as anyone in the past and I'm not asking that people don't drink at all, just don't drink too much.

1) There have been quite a few occasions in the past where someone has not shown up to adventures because they have over-indulged. This is a shame but is particularly a problem when people are relying on you (plot may have been written with your character/NPC in mind, encounters planned with a certain amount of monsters etc).

2) If you are not feeling your best due to alcohol are you roleplaying/monstering/running as well as you would be if you were feeling better? If not then you're doing youself and everyone else a disservice.

3) Health and safety. I'm not your mother or your doctor so I won't point out that binge drinking it extremely bad for your health and that none of us wants to see anyone else causing themselves longterm health prolems. However, I would point out that you may end up not fighting as safely as you would otherwise and there is greater danger of dehydration during the adventure.

4) A final point that people may see as more or less important. If you have been drinking the night before and drive the next day, there is a good chance that you are still over the limit. Ignoring the inherent dangers of driving while over the limit, can you afford to lose you license should you be stopped by the police?
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “Discussion and Questions”