Events: The Future of HoP

A general place for you to discuss Heart of Pargon and ask the team any questions that you have about anything. Upcoming events will be listed here.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Re: Events: The Future of HoP

Postby Will » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:30 pm

Candlestone IS nice. I would actually consider it for a Saga, as the price for a week would likely equal if not be lower than what we typically pay.

However, the generator is a big problem. It's very loud, you cannot cook without it and it cuts itself off after a certain amount of time from overheating.

Horley rings some bells... Glenny doesn't.

Huntley has been recently done up, I'm going there for an event in October. The prices are aimed at fest events, so that puts it well out of our price range, but I'll have a think and a chat whilst I'm there.

Remind me to chase about Horley and Glenny though.
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Yeah, that's quite a pain. I know I'd be willing to pay it, but I know the chances that we'd get 16 people able to would be slim.

The prices for summer seem a little better considering it's from Monday 10AM - Sunday 4PM

If we ran Saga 2014 in the first 3 weeks of July, starting on the Saturday it would be (£1400 + £200 for the Sunday/Saturday before) = £1600

Say we only got 12 players (which is a low-ball figure) it'd only be £133.33 of each players price to cover the site price. I don't know how that matches up against what you paid this year, but I would say it's a contender.

Alexander

Postby Alexander » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:12 pm

|
Last edited by Alexander on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Fiore... of the noble house of dei Liberi of Premariacco... in his youth wanted to learn how to fight and the art of combat in the barriers. Of Spear, Axe, Sword and Dagger, and of fighting on foot or mounted, armoured or not armoured."

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:09 pm

Stevie wrote:Yeah, that's quite a pain. I know I'd be willing to pay it, but I know the chances that we'd get 16 people able to would be slim.

The prices for summer seem a little better considering it's from Monday 10AM - Sunday 4PM

If we ran Saga 2014 in the first 3 weeks of July, starting on the Saturday it would be (£1400 + £200 for the Sunday/Saturday before) = £1600

Say we only got 12 players (which is a low-ball figure) it'd only be £133.33 of each players price to cover the site price. I don't know how that matches up against what you paid this year, but I would say it's a contender.

We usually pay about £3k, so it's a huge difference. I just can't justify that generator...
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:11 pm

DeinFelder wrote:To add to the list of possible places to stay, there is one in a nature reserve. It's in the undercliff at Lyme Regis surrounded by woodland and is above a beach that hardly anyone goes to. There are the ruins of a house, and also of a mine. The ruins of a dam make a good wall. There are paths in it too. Some people there have recently (in the last few years) built a new building and people can stay there for about £80 a night, so that's a lot cheaper than whatsitcalled. And it's also in a nature reserve (yes they built a building in a nature reserve) so that might be fitting. Lush woodland and an unsullied cove. It's quite nice really.
It's at Cliff Cottage. They've got a website: http://www.undercliffstudio.com/
It's only got one bed though. It's a really big bed and there should be enough floor space for mats, but sleeping space might be a concern. Please don't quote me on this but maybe if you ask them really really nicely they might let you use their spare bedroom in their House. I once remember they let a traveler stay for two or three nights so they might. I dunno. He had to work for them on the second day and that's fair really.

Seven nights in July would cost £595.

Also it has got a noisy generator but if you don't use too much electricity the battery and solar panels should do. It might have a gas cooker but I cannot remember. It might be a good place for it.

Hmm, are you familiar with this property Charlie? If so... is there room for camping?! Because if we can hire the studio and camp 30 people, then that sounds rather good :)

Alexander

Postby Alexander » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:04 pm

|
Last edited by Alexander on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
“Fiore... of the noble house of dei Liberi of Premariacco... in his youth wanted to learn how to fight and the art of combat in the barriers. Of Spear, Axe, Sword and Dagger, and of fighting on foot or mounted, armoured or not armoured."

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:09 pm

I'm confused by their pricing structure.

Hire Costs

Our normal hire is from Friday 1pm to Sunday 4pm and costs are as follows

Before April - £800
April and afterSeptember- £900
May, June & September - £1400
*August - £2700*
*July is £1400 for the first three weeks and £2700 for the last week.*

*Please note that the school summer holidays the hire is from Monday 10am to Sunday 4pm*

Adding extra hire – Extending your stay

Each additional 24 hours or part thereof is an extra £100. For example if you wanted to extend your stay to start on a Wednesday that would be an extra £200.

Please contact us if you wish to stay on the Sunday night to discuss pricing.

This seems to suggest that a week in July is £1400 but that seems unlikely when that's what they charge for a weekend in May, June and September.

I'm guessing what it means is that the first three weekends in July are £1400. Therefore for us to run a Saga is would cost £1400 for Friday to Sunday and then we'd have to add £500 to take us to Friday and I doubt they'll be ok hiring a second weekend for £100 per night when they want £1400.
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:13 pm

It's at Cliff Cottage. They've got a website: http://www.undercliffstudio.com/

Don't know about an event, but very tempted to take Rebecca and Alfie away for a weekend (no, not for a Davrok/Dusk breeding programme, other Rebecca and Alfie).

Account name changed :)

Tome of Magic 6.0

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:29 pm

Perhaps I'll visit this studio and scope it out :)

willmhudson

Postby willmhudson » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Huntley Wood is the place to be apparently. Cabins built with LRP in mind; with decent showers, under floor heating and adjustable mood lighting? Yes please!

http://huntleywood.livejournal.com/14426.html

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:57 pm

Saga?

Tome of Magic 6.0

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:08 am

Do we have event dates yet?
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:19 am

Still waiting on PD :( Should be any day now...

Return to “Discussion and Questions”