Serkanian Rules

A general place for you to discuss Heart of Pargon and ask the team any questions that you have about anything. Upcoming events will be listed here.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Hatsuo1980

Re: Serkanian Rules

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:44 pm

You can't use essence and sense power to give away your power either :P
............................................................................Image

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Thought so ^^ was worth clarifying though

Luke wrote:YOU CANNOT USE CHI AND SENSE POWER TO GIVE AWAY YOUR POWER.

Auto correct being a swine I presume ?
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Always.

Have edited post.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:53 pm

:D
............................................................................Image

Huw

Postby Huw » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:21 pm

For fixing a Furious Blade's, maybe it's a serkenian belief that there's either a spirit in the blade, or the regard of thier ancestors, it's a loan from their sword school - whatever the character wants wants to RP - and that's what makes the blade special. The blade has to be treated with respect because otherwise the spirit will leave/the Furious Blade has failed in some way and lost their blessing.

When the blade is broken, just reparing it gives you a blade back. No parry hits, it's not master-crafted, other similar bonuses are missing. The blessing or whatever needs to be coaxed back in via appropriate roleplay, which can take pretty much any form.

Oh and please get rid of having to draw the lame symbol on their forehead. It always looks pap and serves only as fallout from wanting everything to have make up restrictions.

+2. If other people can't work out you're a Serkenian through your costume and/or your roleplay, a rune on your head isn't going to help.

For Wu Jen it means they are really limited to the first 2 circles of magic. Not something I disagree with.

Kind of agree - Serkenians don't cast magic, it's been in the background since they started. This just seems appropriate.
Ancálimon y Festaer y Helyanwe, Alchemist
Azael Bannon, Telefret High Mage
Fox, Shaman of the Tsimshian

It's only a game.

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Huw wrote:For fixing a Furious Blade's, maybe it's a serkenian belief that there's either a spirit in the blade, or the regard of thier ancestors, it's a loan from their sword school - whatever the character wants wants to RP - and that's what makes the blade special. The blade has to be treated with respect because otherwise the spirit will leave/the Furious Blade has failed in some way and lost their blessing.

When the blade is broken, just reparing it gives you a blade back. No parry hits, it's not master-crafted, other similar bonuses are missing. The blessing or whatever needs to be coaxed back in via appropriate roleplay, which can take pretty much any form.

I like this, and I think it's similarly in line with nerfing their soul (because so many abilities derive from Serkanian soul). Not sure I want every sword to be filled with a Kami though it would be a really cool addition, maybe the Kami despise demons as natural enemies and seek out brave warriors as their instruments. Maybe this is overcomplicating things and certainly sounds a little like 'chosen' but just thinking out loud.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:49 pm

See having thought about this, I think one Chee is enough for anyone (and even then, its sometimes too much!)
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:13 pm

No-one may EVER share power with Chee. Because he has all the power already.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Just powerfont and deny power

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:01 pm

Proposal

The forging of a Serkanian blade(or Tamahagane) is not as simple a process as crafting a sword in Pargon. On the first day of the new year, a tatara (a clay vessel measuring 4ft tall, 4ft wide and 12ft long) is constructed and blessed by the Empress who bids the great kami of Earth, Air, Fire and Water to bless the endeavour. Beneath this a charcoal fire is lit and sand infused with Pure Shard (satetsu) is slowly added to the Tatara and smelted into steel. Several men are required for the process, keeping the fire at a constant heat and never allowing the steel to become fully molten. After three days, in which over 10 tons of charcoal and sand have been consumed, the Tatara is broken and perhaps a ton of tamahagane (literally: jewel steel) is removed.
By not allowing the metal to ever become fully molten, the jewel steel can be separated into various types based on how much carbon and how much Pure Shard it contains. The lowest carbon steel becomes the core of the weapon and alternating layers of high carbon and high pure shard steel are intricately folded together a dozen or more times to form the blade. Folding removes impurities, evens out the Pure Shard content and enhances the durability of the weapon.
The process of making the sword takes several days or even weeks and is accompanied by various religious rites where the blade acquires its own spirit or kami. This kami is born of the spirits of the prospective wielder’s ancestors along with those kami who take interest in the traits of the wielder and as such it is intricately connected to the wielder. Should the sword be destroyed or lost for more than an hour the kami of the blade will die.

Superior Blades
All Serkanian bladed weapons are Master Crafted. However, if your weapon is lost, destroyed or stolen then your maximum chi is reduced to 0 until it is repaired or recovered.
In addition to this your maximum soul is halved due to the dishonour of allowing the kami of the blade to die. Appropriate roleplay must be performed in order to restore your honour and a kami to your blade.

Flick of the Wrist
Those ref dicks will keep disintegrating our blades so fuck you ref dicks. Fuck. You. So connected are Serkanians to the kami of their weapon, they can use Flick of the Wrist (if learned) against destruction effects, both mundane and magical, that would affect their blade.
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Huw

Postby Huw » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:33 am

Awesome. Especially the Flick Of The Wrist negating effect.

Not sure about it applying to all Serkenian bladed weapons. For Furious Blades it makes sense - caring about your weapons is part of the class description - but for Silent Blades (Maybe even Shaded Blades) I'd say make it an opt-in/out idea.
Ancálimon y Festaer y Helyanwe, Alchemist
Azael Bannon, Telefret High Mage
Fox, Shaman of the Tsimshian

It's only a game.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:55 am

Yeah, I guess it makes more sense for Furious and Shaded rather than Silent.

Although I kinda like the idea of Silent Blades having a pair of daggers presented to them upon completion of their training with kami of a dark aspect within them. Even if they choose to use other weapons, they would keep these somewhere.

Tome of Magic 6.0

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:18 am

LOVE.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:13 pm

Sonny (and anyone else at Saga who saw him play)

Feelings on Absent Blade: too powerful, not powerful enough, just right?

Changes?

Tome of Magic 6.0

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Healing with Chi seemed too good, we would've died time and again if not for that. I'm not versed well enough to come up with a solution for it though, unfortunately :(
As long as I can't lose, I've already won.

Return to “Discussion and Questions”