Serkanian Crafting

A general place for you to discuss Heart of Pargon and ask the team any questions that you have about anything. Upcoming events will be listed here.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Luke

Serkanian Crafting

Postby Luke » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:51 pm

Can we get a Serkanian crafter? I don't see why a Serkanian would risk crafting with someone who doesn't know the blades. ALSO, where can I find the npc crafter price list?

:D
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Re: Serkanian Crafting

Postby Will » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:39 pm

Sure, I'll set one up later :-)

And there is no list. I judge on roleplay and mood :-) About double the make price typically, but that scales down the larger the order.
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:11 pm

Will wrote:And there is no list. I judge on roleplay and mood :-) About double the make price typically, but that scales down the larger the order.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5614

1) The maximum chance of success for NPC crafters is always 90%
2) The crafters will only make items that cost (in rava) your skill or less (i.e. if you are 66 skill, they will make you an item of up to 66 rava base cost). This excludes the cost of making the item personalised/master crafted.

Also, so that this doesn't make it pointless to play a crafter:
3) NPC crafters charge an additional 50% (on top of all other crafting costs).
4) Particularly potent items (soul swords, +3 or more weapons etc) may require additional raw materials to be gathered by the buyer before crafting.
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Luke

Postby Luke » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:25 pm

Yeah i saw that post but I couldn't see where magical weapons/+1weapons are listed? Also doesn't personalising leather seem a bit steep? disregarding helmet its 75 rava for a set! I mean I know it's relative to our pay, but we don't regularly get paid on events. I'd like everyone to get paid more :D
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Prices are in the Crafters section of the People of Velmaneth (page 38). The base costs have been removed so basic items are free, you just pay for MC/Personalised.

Master Crafted Leather
The armour grants an extra hit, so soft leather and furs grant 2 hits, hard leather grants 3 hits, and studded leather grants 4 hits. These extra hits can go above maximum armour allowances (for example for spell casters) and do not count towards essence or dexterity penalties.

I think 15 rava is fair to give leather an extra hit. It's not as good as MC/Personalised metal armour which grants a DR but it does give scope for basic fur/soft leather to be upgraded to 4 point armour (the maximum amout of extra hits is equal to the base amount of hits and the base number of hits of Personalised/MC leather is 2).

I think simplifying the cost of adding extra hits (rather than +50% each time) might be good.

As for more money in the system...it's a difficult balance. A +1 personalised sword costs 65 rava. Buying a point of strength and a point of sword use costs skill...a lot of skill if you're a High Mage or if you've already bought strength/prof 5 times each. Being done out of pay over and over is bad, I agree, but with the rava phys reps hopefully even on the adventures where the hirer turns out to be Otto von Badguy in disguise who refuses to pay, you'll get to pick up some on the way.

Tome of Magic 6.0

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Roleplay with me
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Don't use a silly name and maybe he will ;)

Tome of Magic 6.0

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:21 pm

Oh come on, it HAD to be something silly...

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:30 pm

..... I just got it ... ¬_¬
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Return to “Discussion and Questions”