Charms

A general place for you to discuss Heart of Pargon and ask the team any questions that you have about anything. Upcoming events will be listed here.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Damiensluman

Charms

Postby Damiensluman » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:07 am

1. Can charms be activated like a contingency or only by a activation word
Eg if I am attacked by behind a charm of total heal activates insted of saying an activation word
2.can craft any spell into a charm dose that include null?? (known or unknown)

Hatsuo1980

Re: Charms

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:14 am

Damiensluman wrote:1. Can charms be activated like a contingency or only by a activation word
Eg if I am attacked by behind a charm of total heal activates insted of saying an activation word

Generally items have an activation word/phrase (like "Item do my work" or similar, though we stole that from laby lol). They certainly don't just randomly happen and the most opportune time for you :)

Damiensluman wrote:2.can craft any spell into a charm dose that include null?? (known or unknown)

The current standard spells do not include any null spell. The closest thing to a null spell is deny power and that is an ability.

If you have null spells you would need to get the uniques team to state they are able to be placed in charms as they are not standard and, thus, anyone who had the charm could use it.
............................................................................Image

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:47 am

Question - Can a charm of "Open Ritual Circle (1)" be crafted and then the user could add any additional essence into it.

I figure yes, as technically I could open a small ritual circle and other people could put power into it (usually the way it works)

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:52 am

Stevie wrote:Question - Can a charm of "Open Ritual Circle (1)" be crafted and then the user could add any additional essence into it.

I figure yes, as technically I could open a small ritual circle and other people could put power into it (usually the way it works)

Technically, you can't as it isn't written to work that way in the rules.

Practically, most refs would allow it.
............................................................................Image

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:14 am

That difference between technically and practically is all important.

I can see an advantage of having a higher ritual circle spell imbued into a charm, to save essence on the day, but it would be easier to make a ritual circle one charm and then put essence in (which is I assume the angle here).

Items would have to be activated unless it were a special thing.

As already said, I am not aware of any Null spells...
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Return to “Discussion and Questions”