Character sheets at events

A general place for you to discuss Heart of Pargon and ask the team any questions that you have about anything. Upcoming events will be listed here.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Dom

Character sheets at events

Postby Dom » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:46 pm

Will (and the other refs) have been saying for some time now that people should endeavour to keep their character sheets up to date on the website, and more recently print them out and bring them to events. The standard response is "eermm my character is wrong for X reason". To which will invariably says, PM me exact details of the mistake and i will fix it. People play their characters as they think they are and then go home and forget to PM will till the Friday before the next event and then its too late.

So i have a new suggestion. If you are one of the lovely people whose characters are up to date and print them out then keep doing that. If your character(s) are up to date, but you don’t print them out, start doing so (its really easy). But if for ANY reason you think your character is wrong then make a word file (other word processing software is available) with all the details of your character on it (as you know it to be) print that out and bring it along to events.

At labyrinthe, experienced players often have a ring binder of their characters with all their uniques written out and a character sheet for ref's benefit. I do not think this is to much of an ask for us to do to. The added advantage is if you think there is something wrong, then Will has a written copy of the differences between played character and system character and can correct what is there.

So If everyone is happy with this, lets all try and do it for January (huddled masses).

Uniques
This printed character sheet thing is especially important for uniques. Not all refs are members of the uniques team, and not all of the uniques team have an encyclopaedic memory of everyone’s uniques. I think that it should be a requirement to bring a print out of The PM listing your unique (that’s the one with the passed at the top) to use it at an event. This will prevent people forgetting if they are immune to X or if they can have 7 or 8 active shields.....
Will has been incredibly diligent in having data access at event so he can read the forums and the system, but this just seems easier and less stress.

tl/dr
Bring a print out (where ever its from) of your character and all uniques/items/froopy effects to every event where you are wanting to play.
"I genuinely have never enjoyed an event so much" Ben 08/09
"Never enough dead players" Will 2011
"Cutting off people's faces is Sick!" Malven aka Flash 2011
http://www.jitsu.me/Home.html

Stevie

Re: Character sheets at events

Postby Stevie » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:08 pm

As requested.

(On a serious note - This is a great reminder, we should all be doing this now.)
Last edited by Stevie on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dom

Postby Dom » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:12 pm

See its not that hard
"I genuinely have never enjoyed an event so much" Ben 08/09
"Never enough dead players" Will 2011
"Cutting off people's faces is Sick!" Malven aka Flash 2011
http://www.jitsu.me/Home.html

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:28 pm

Even if the print out is wrong, just bring the wrong one :-) Then the sheet can be scribbled on, I can take it home and make things good :-)
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:20 pm

For us few philistines who don't own a magic printing press, is there any chance someone with this mystic device could aid our terrible plight ?
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:54 pm

I'd be surprised if you couldn't find someone
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:02 pm

Or, you know, write it out using a pen...
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:21 pm

Use the pen in this day and age?!? Physically scribe it to myself ?!?! What madness is this
Haha
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Return to “Discussion and Questions”