HoP Downtime

A general place for you to discuss Heart of Pargon and ask the team any questions that you have about anything. Upcoming events will be listed here.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Stevie

HoP Downtime

Postby Stevie » Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

This is very very brief and very rushed. You can generally ignore most of the values etc, it's just to give an idea of what I imagine a HoP downtime system could bring.

HoP - Downtime

After each event your character plays on, they gain a Campaign Point which may be put towards a particular aim or goal IC. The campaign point represents what they have been putting their considerable skills to in the time between daring quests. There are a few standard options available to players which represent fairly common focuses and aims, but other specific aims could be requested by PM'ing the Campaign Mailbox.

Standard Options
- Small Business
- Manual Labour (Mining)
- Gathering (Herbs)
- Religious Service
- Small Scale Mercenary Work
- Plot Points (Say at the moment, you could say your character is fighting soulless on a particular border. Before the next event, if enough heroes spent their CP assisting, you could find the soulless pushed back)

The skills and abilities the player has also factors into how successful they are in their downtime. For Instance – The Campaign Aim “Small Business” allows a player to operate a small business for a Rava Profit between events, now for a standard character who has no skills that relate either directly or indirectly to the “Small Business” they could expect to earn a standard 5-15 Rava between events (This is decided by a RNG dice event). Darzok, however is an accomplished crafter and as such his Shop can expect to gain more NPC business due to the quality of his wares. As such he can expect to receive a little more each downtime 25-35 Rava. Darzok for instance wouldn’t get any additional profit from running a pie shop, although that’s mainly because he would eat all the pies.

Things like characters strength may affect certain aims. Mining for instance would earn a small income for a character per downtime 5 Rava, but the character could earn more if he is a fast worker due to his strength or even a chance at finding a rare metal. If a character has tracking, they may expect to find some rare herbs whilst gathering. Equally a shop owner with a high level of Shadow Magic could be expected to charm most customers into spending copious amounts of money in his shop. Many skills can directly or indirectly influence your campaign aims.

You get the jist I assume.

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Re: HoP Downtime

Postby Will » Wed May 14, 2014 9:37 pm

I would be very excited to see more ideas about a downtime system that does not overtake the impact of the Live Action part of the game :)
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:52 pm

it also adds a part where someone like Ashout can assassinate NPCs in downtown :D
............................................................................Image

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Wed May 14, 2014 10:06 pm

Will wrote:I would be very excited to see more ideas about a downtime system that does not overtake the impact of the Live Action part of the game :)

Well I can spitball a couple of ideas around and draw something up. I know Will Hudson was happy to contribute and have a little look at what we can come up with.

willmhudson

Postby willmhudson » Wed May 14, 2014 10:11 pm

With the obvious disclaimer that I'm not familiar with many of your characters, but I am familiar with various downtime and pbm systems in general... Rules wise, I'm keen. Everything else is Stevie really, as a hop vet. Happy to help if I can though.

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Wed May 14, 2014 10:29 pm

Ben's call :)
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed May 14, 2014 10:37 pm

I like the idea, happy for people to work on a system
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “Discussion and Questions”