HoP, the Gunfest!

A general place for you to discuss Heart of Pargon and ask the team any questions that you have about anything. Upcoming events will be listed here.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Dom

HoP, the Gunfest!

Postby Dom » Wed May 14, 2014 8:56 pm

Riiight:
@Stevie get your own thread
@Luke Well done for getting a discussion going.
@Any one that has mentioned specifics... no rules have been changed yet, so we will get to the rewriting when its nessersary.
@Lilben Thanks for coming to mine and ben's low hits no damage grades saga. Turns out it does work at the bottom end of the system. Players still gained damage grades, and we as a crew took 'more damage' from those players.
@BigBen, i think the 10 year gap is a good reason to overhaul but i dont think the game needs it. The rules dont get in the way and even i like playing with them. But you are right about the high end of the game. Im not adverse to the retirement age.
@WillH you dont enjoy HOP because of the rules, but you dont dislike them as part of it either right?
@WillP i like the amandments, but i like the system we have too. I think my favourite fighting system is CP because if you are good you can take someone out regardless of who they are. But if you are careful and wear some armour you can equally tank with the best of them. 'Strength' is the greatest call ever in any larp.

@EVERYONE! shall we run a hop game based on gun-fest rules and see what happens? Just the one, to taste it?
"I genuinely have never enjoyed an event so much" Ben 08/09
"Never enough dead players" Will 2011
"Cutting off people's faces is Sick!" Malven aka Flash 2011
http://www.jitsu.me/Home.html

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: Monsters and Fighting

Postby Ben » Wed May 14, 2014 9:02 pm

The problem with the player deciding whether to take a blow or not is that you run the risk of what we experienced at Alone 4 where a group of experienced LRPers decided to ignore everything.

I think it's much better to educate the monsters to call the damage as they hit and make it appropriate to the swing.

And everyone (monster and player) should be encouraged NOT to call their maximum damage all the time. Quayle could do silly damage but wandered around calling Quad: it represents that you're not putting all your strength or skill into every blow, if you did you'd tire yourself out in minutes.
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Re: HoP, the Gunfest!

Postby Will » Wed May 14, 2014 9:36 pm

I would totally do this
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Wed May 14, 2014 9:42 pm

I agree / am in favour to everything said here.
As long as I can't lose, I've already won.

willmhudson

Postby willmhudson » Wed May 14, 2014 9:51 pm

Up for it.

Dom

Postby Dom » Wed May 14, 2014 10:07 pm

I agree that there is always the fear of a)someone choosing to die in the first five minutes b)someone choosing to never die.

But i think all of these are overcomeable. I have a think about it and see if anything crazy comes up.

Peter Levy

Re: Monsters and Fighting

Postby Peter Levy » Thu May 15, 2014 1:08 am

Ben wrote: Quayle could do silly damage but wandered around calling Quad: it represents that you're not putting all your strength or skill into every blow, if you did you'd tire yourself out in minutes.

this. if it were made clear that this is how damage grades work, I cannot see a problem.
Señor Ref

Dom

Postby Dom » Thu May 15, 2014 1:29 am

In my mind, the gun fest event wouldnt have damage calls. People would play their statted characters but we would read and forget them at the start of the event. People could still cast Dart, bolt BARRAGE etc and the targets could take it acordingly, but if they felt like it should kill them, or they dived behind a table then thats fine too.

it would be written as the players are the heros in a film, they win... or like alone they all die, but how and where is the deciding factor. The characters in gunfest are meant to be 'in a film' which helps guide their choices.

Return to “Discussion and Questions”