Plot: 22/09/12

For important announcements and happenings from across the world

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Plot: 22/09/12

Postby Ben » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:50 am

Humans and allied races

You are approached somewhere public, in a bar, in the street, at your lodging house. Probably in Ingolé although that's not essential.

The man is friendly, he asks you about yourself and after a brief conversation he asks you if you would be interested in some work before giving you a card with a time and an address.

The building in question is another bar, The Black Hart, and as you arrive you are shown into the backroom where the man you met previously welcomes you.

"Hello again, I'm glad you came. My name is Johnson, part of the Human intelligence Service and we have some work for you.

As you are no doubt aware, a group known as The Order of the Pure Heart has arisen over the past 24 months. They have a particular hatred for people with special abilities...people like yourself. We have intercepted one of their recruiters and found out from him when and where the next intake of prospective members are to meet. True initiates will be intercepted by members of our team and replaced with people we have selected. People like you. We have chosen people with essence over those without for a very simple reason. People without essence are statistically more likely to betray us to The Order.

Your essence will be hidden and your features disguised so that they will not recognise you as anything other than another prospective candidate. Once there you will meet with one of our operatives. He has been undercover with the Order for 18 months and will be assigned to test the new intake. They believe he will be watching for latent essence use or heroic sympathies and will report to them. He won't. He will make sure you are not discovered.

Your mission is to discover all you can about The Order and report back to me. Do you agree?"
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: Plot: 22/09/12

Postby Ben » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:09 am

Elves

You are summoned to the war-room in Erathil's fortress where you are met by a high-ranking High Elf.

"Scrying by The Font has revealed a great threat to our people. The humans are planning our downfall. Destruction comes but its form is shrouded."

We recently discovered a spy in our ranks. She was using a device that disguised her as one of us, a device that conceals all magic on the bearer. We have replicated the item in question and one will be issued to you. She revealed to us, shortly before her eventual death, details of a meeting of the Order of the Pure Heart. Erathil has selected you to travel to human lands and attend this meeting as one of them. Do not ask why you have been selected for this honour, I did not question him and nor should you.

I should not need to tell you that failure and death are tautology in this situation."
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “Background and Plot”