Undead...dead (PLEASE READ)

For important announcements and happenings from across the world

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Undead...dead (PLEASE READ)

Postby Ben » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Across the world, a great beam of silver light shone, burning the undead and pushing them stumbling backwards from its power. Those of Sinya Palurin were practically destroyed, as were those of Serke Kemi and Draconis Tielvar and those that waited in the seas around Coshwood Isle. Those of Noore I'Meles had already been destroyed and many in Gweria, Arnad Guarhoth and Dolen Taleth had their existences ended.

As soon as it began it ended and those undead who remained, mainly spellcasters or those immune to magic began to form up, using their powers over death magic to repair those who had fallen but not been destroyed. The Hopeslayers tried to raise more creatures but were unsuccessful: it seemed as if raising undead was no longer possible in Velmaneth.

OOC: PCs who are harmed by life magic (undead, Death Elves, some random others): you are severely hurt by wave upon wave of life magic coming from the sky one night. If you wish, you may sacrifice your character for half skill/essence on another of your characters, otherwise after some time you are 'healed' by those around you.

Raising undead is currently no longer possible.
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: Undead...dead (PLEASE READ)

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:07 am

OOC: if you reach -8 to the body/head/soul you are no longer able to play your character however you are not dead (body means you are paralysed permanently and unable to think, head is severe brain damage and unable to control your actions and if you die from soul you are in a permanent coma.

NPCs/monsters are also not dying.
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Hatsuo1980

Re: Undead...dead (PLEASE READ)

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:36 am

It had been taunting and teasing the inhabitants of a little village for weeks, making them suffer with a small group of undead. Occasionally, they tried to fight back, they failed. These peasants couldn't harm it, it just laughed and taunted them further.

Then the wave of light washes over Velmaneth, the Dwimmerlaik screamed out in agony and fell to the ground and the undead with him disintegrated.

A group of humans looked upon the High Priest of Despair, shocked. One walked over and prodded it with a stick. The body didn't move. It was.....dead! They smiled, they laughed "We are safe!!!"

Then, a dark cackle resounded from the body as Ulairi stood "No, you aren't" he continued to cackle "True despair only comes when you are full of hope. Now look at me, LOOK UPON THE FACE OF DESPAIR" he continued to cackle as he waved his wand, unleashing death magic through each and every villager.

After but a short few moments, they all lay on the floor, their souls destroyed....."hmmm this is puzzling.....they should be dead" he inspected them further and cast some divinations "so most of the undead are gone and the living can't die. Well, that isn't much fun. Time for me to go and sit by my lord until this world can truly feel my lords touch again..."

With that, Ulairi left Velmaneth in a bronze swirl
............................................................................Image

Return to “Background and Plot”