Erathil's Throneroom

The new homeland of the Elven people. Formerly The Bastion of Hope, Brockman Isle, The Colourful Isle and (before that) The Sea

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Plot Bot

Erathil's Throneroom

Postby Plot Bot » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:07 pm

The diamond elf stomped from the room and Erathil sat back.

"Why do you let him speak to you like that?"

Erathil turned at the voice and looked at the small girl it belonged to.

"You should not listen to private conversations."

"Forgive me ojiisan." it was a command rather than a request, a command to the very centre of his mind as if it was his own thought. A less mind would have done so in an instant.

"Yoral, your powers will not work on me."

The girl hung her head "I am sorry."

Erathil smiled and gestured towards a seat "Warryn is my brother. He is tired of fighting and uncertain of the future. The humans have over twenty thousand trained warriors, our fighting force numbers less than a thousand."

"Was he right about D'arvan...about Kwai?"

"Warryn was concerned at how unpredictable D'arvan was. Yes, he is unpredictable to people with minds like Warryn, but not to me. I trust D'arvan, he will appear to be aligned with people while they are useful to his, and indeed our, aims and then act against them when they are no longer needed and that confuses Warryn. However, D'arvan is only a danger to those he has no real loyalty or respect for but he will not work against the Elven people."

Erathil sighs before continuing.

"As for Quayle? We gave him more leeway than we would allow other lesser beings but now he has moved beyond and I would rather have the potential loyalty of a powerful being than their enmity."

"But now he has resigned, he won't lead the armies when the humans or the dead come."

Erathil smiled.

"He is a Coshwood. He is my brother. He will return when required, especially when he realises that he promised to serve me if I left Fort Drake alone. He believes I broke my word and destroyed it but the fort lies outside the Heartlands and, as far as I am aware, it is unharmed. He has broken his promise to me rather than the other way round."

Return to “Coshwood Isle”