Open for Business!

The new homeland of the Elven people. Formerly The Bastion of Hope, Brockman Isle, The Colourful Isle and (before that) The Sea

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Open for Business!

Postby Will » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:40 pm

**A rather elegant building is constructed near the east coast of Coshwood Isle. White, Silver and Blue, the marble walls glisten gently in the sun. The steam of workshops rises from delicate pipes set into the roof, and a sheen of magic permeates the air. Above the door, the words "Bound Power" glow with pinky purple light.

Inside a rather delicate High Elven female sits behind the counter, casually working on a variety of trinkets, waiting for your order.**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: Open for Business!

Postby Ben » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:43 pm

A bluey-green skinned elf enters and looks around for a while before moving towards the woman and smiling warmly.

"Good morning madam, I'm wondering if you can help me, I'm looking for someone with skills in leather and wood."
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:47 pm

**A delicate smile forms on her face.**

"What an interesting request... what sort of objects would you be seeking them to fashion?"
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:14 pm

The elf removes his cloak and beneath his armour hangs over his shoulder. He shrugs it off and lies it down before the woman.

"It is like scale mail except uses no metal in its construction. The individual wooden beads are oak, shaped in this way as rounding them helps to deflect the force of a blow then drilled so that any defects in the wood are identified and the defective bead set aside. Next they are hardened, a process that applies heat to remove the majority of the water within though not too quickly otherwise it becomes brittle. It is then coated in a special varnish made from tree sap so that it will not burn as easily as untreated timber. They're held together by strong leather, tight enough that a blade cannot get between the individual beads but loose enough to allow movement.

For the time being I would like a master to personalise it for me...to make it unique when in my possession...in a similar way to the armour of my High Elven kin. Possibly in the future I would have him revisit it to imbue it with magic but not yet."

Tome of Magic 6.0

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:22 pm

**The lady takes hold of a piece of the material and examines it, studying the structure**

"Fascinating... let me think... yes... how much of your body would you seek for this to cover?"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:29 pm

"Just my torso. I've found that alhough it covers part of my legs, if I strap it to them to actually grant protection it restricts movement so I wear leather to protect my arms and legs."

Tome of Magic 6.0

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:30 pm

"Oh well, taking into account some of the extra research, I think we could manage that for 30 Rava?"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:39 pm

River nods before turning to leave.

"I have business with his majesty, I will come back in a few days with payment unless you would like it in advance."

Tome of Magic 6.0

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:38 pm

"Oh no, I'm sure that will be fine! Two days should be sufficient."

**With that she heads into the back with the wooden armour**

Transaction Complete - Check Character Trades

Edd

Postby Edd » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:42 pm

Fledgling wonders into the crafter's shop and smiles pleasantly.

"Hello. I was wondering what you could do for me. I would like to have a charm of the heartening spell made - as powerful as possible, but I would like to hear your prices."

He then pulls out a chunk of wood from under his cloak.

"Could you also maybe craft this boltab into a pair of short swords? Yes, wooden swords."
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Return to “Coshwood Isle”