A new water feature

The new homeland of the Elven people. Formerly The Bastion of Hope, Brockman Isle, The Colourful Isle and (before that) The Sea

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

A new water feature

Postby Will » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:28 am

**It started as a brief rumble, expanding in noise and violence until the entirety of Erathil's palace was replaced with the rather grand and ultimately human University. Screams could be heard from the crushed Elves who were somehow still alive. Any nearby just looked on in some horror and confusion.

Inside it was clear that there was a deep buzz of activity. Magical wards popped up, reinforced themselves, expanded, extrapolated and generally wove themselves around the University. Barked orders could be heard through the settling rubble as Elven ritualists formed up outside, their magiks already prying for entry. But the defenses were formidable.

This would continue to be an interesting development...**

OOC: If you have any characters who were in the University, please be aware that it has been released from its pocket plane whilst in the middle of Coshwood Isle. Have fun...
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Luke

Re: A new water feature

Postby Luke » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:58 pm

A shabby looking elf wearing a course, brown woven tunic, some pretty knackered leather armour and weilding a watering can and spade slowly walked towards the university and the ritualists surrounding it. His wide rimmed hat shielded his face from the sun but he could not hide his skin. It was angular, translucent and definitely diamond.

He tapped the chief ritualist on the shoulder and nodded towards the front doors of the university. The High Elf looked confused but bowed with respect and let him pass.

The Gardener walked slowly, and stopped outside the imposing magical gates.

Kelladry Wright. It's been a while. I think we ought to talk...

Warryn.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:43 am

A large man in black wanders down the steps and opens the gates.

"General Coshwood, it's been...what...a year a half?"

He points to himself, assuming Warryn wouldn't remember him.

"Drake. We met when I was forming the group 'Honored'...it seems a lifetime ago now. I apologise but I believe Mistress Wright and Lord Sage are busy, they mean no disrespect, they are probably securing the defenses, checking for damage, ensuring nothing dangerous is leaking or otherwise escaping."

He turns looking appraisingly at the university.

"Assuming divinations are correct, the University is now located in disputed territory?"

Drake
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Well. If by disputed you mean ours. Then yes. It's in our territory.

Now, there a few of my brothers who would like to see it gone, and not in the nice way. But I know Keladry, and yourself and even Sylas isn't AS much scum as I first thought, so I thought I'd invite you to leave in a more polite way; unarmed and quietly.

I can have mages teleport you all back to the continent safely and I will deal with the repurcussions incurred, my littlest brother can be less understanding than me.

I should remind you that I am honour-bound to serve The Pheonix as his guardian and weapon. If he decides to come here personally, and orders me to do so, it won't just be High Elven Mages coming to open your doors... I really don't want it to come to that. The thyme needs looking after and I think one of my Boltab trees will need replanting, not to mention the slug problem in the south-west corner. I'd rather be gardening than killing.

Would you tell Kel and Sylas that? I won't give you a time limit, but High-King Erathil could be here any moment...

He saluted Drake. Remembering he was a military man. A while ago they had made plans and strategies aginst each other. Fighting him would be a real challenge and quite pleasa... no. The slugs were his enemies now. And they moved so fast!

Warryn.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Drake returns the salute politely though with nowhere near as much precision.

"I mean disputed in the classic way: different people have different points of view and these views occasionally lead to argument. To me, the earth beneath our feet is all connected. It belongs to no mortal and fighting over who can live on which bit seems redundant."

He looks to the ground before looking back to Warryn.

"Slugs, humans, we're probably all the same to many of your people. A perpetual nuisance that just feed and breed, using up valuable resources and despite your best efforts cannot be eradicated, just driven off for a time. You know that the only way to rid yourself of them is to salt the earth but by doing that, you destroy yourselves. We both know that no Elf could lower himself to accepting the slugs and the slugs are too stupid to realise they are inferior and leave them alone."

He smiles.

"Did you know there are some slugs who prefer eating other slugs to plants? Perhaps something to consider."

He looks at the university and sighs.

"I'll take your offer to those in charge, I assume there will be a dispute. A classic one rather than everyone agreeing this land belongs to the Elven people. To be honest, creating it doesn't seem to have been that hard, perhaps we could just create another one in the same manner?"

Drake

Tome of Magic 6.0

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:38 pm

Every word of metaphor seems a little lost on Warryn and he grimaced at talks of salting the earth until he realised that it wasn't a threat.

I've fought side by side with humans a lot. They've been friends and allies. I even swore endless servitude to a brother I thought was cruel and insane in order to protect humans and their holdings. Your fort in fact. How did the humans react? Thanks? Respect? No. They made me into a stone demon and a traitor.

I don't care where you all go or what you all do. I just want you gone so I can go back to my garden. Return with their answer. I can wait.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:19 pm

"You pick the slugs up, put them over the wall. You save their lives rather than kill them. Do they understand? Are they grateful? No, they come back."

He sighs.

"The emotion that defines most humans is fear and it is a fear born of ignorance. We fear the unknown, the future. We fear what is different. What is superior...in terms of power, numbers or strength at least. Have you ever heard the saying 'there is nothing to fear but fear itself'? Sometimes that is true and when people are so tired of running and hiding, so tired of being afraid they will risk everything. They will die rather than continue to live in fear. Bravery? Stupidity? We try to control the world around us, try to make the future what we want. We'll fight a superior enemy because we fear that if we don't they will attack us. We fight our fear but we need to learn to fight our ignorance."

He gives Warryn a long look.

"People called you a demon, a traitor, refused to thank or respect you? That is because they didn't understand you. They don't understand you. They don't understand your brother. They don't understand your people. Ignorance drives fear. Fear drives war."

He stands and half turns to leave.

"I'll pass on your message. Threats sometimes work because perhaps their fear will drive them to leave. Perhaps it will drive them to fight because they would rather die than live with the constant fear of you hanging over them. This war won't end by bloodshed. It will end with words."

He bows and turns to walk towards the entrance once more.

Drake

Tome of Magic 6.0

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:51 pm

The Diamond Elf waits, much to the confusion of the High Elven mages nearby.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:18 am

A flickering light can be seen in the distance, slowly approaching the university. As it gets closer everyone can see a small efreet walking purposefully forward. Her flames seem unusually bright and hot.

She stops near the elven mages and addresses them politely. "Sorry to disturb you. I've come to collect my big brother."
Without waiting for a reply she then turns to the university and shouts at the top of her voice. "Scorch! I've come to rescue you!"
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:51 pm

Drake turns back at the arrival.

"You must be Singe, yes? I'm afraid Scorch hasn't been in the university in some time. The last time I saw him, he had a...blazing row with Sylas. Something about sacrifices and resurrections? Then he left. You're welcome to come in and look around but you won't find him here."

Drake

Tome of Magic 6.0

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Kel approaches the waiting Warryn, arms stretched wide in apology.
Warryn! Good to see you again, though I suppose not in...these circumstances
Kel waves vaguely around her at the elves ranged outside and slightly panicked mages milling around within the gates.
Sorry about the wait...
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:39 pm

The gardener stood slowly - as he did all things - and dusted himself off.

It is always good to see you Kel. It's been too long.

He took a deep breath and sighed.

Your university has landed on my brother's palace. While that is slightly amusing, it is also a problem. No human may set foot upon Coshwood Isle without the leave of the Phoenix King. I am here because of the alliegances I owe you personally and those who work inside.

Leave.

Round everyone up, lecturers and students and I will have you teleported to a safe location, on my word as the Earth's Gardener. The university stays. It's on the island and my brother will want it.

This situation is unfortunate. But please heed my advice. Every moment you stay here is a moment closer to my brothers arrival and if that happens he wont give you the safe choice I have.

He nodded respectfully, turned and began to slowly walk away, signalling the mages to follow his instructions. Before he was out of earshot though he turned back.

Oh and Keladry. Once you are safe and away from here, we are done. We owe no allegiance to each other, my debt to you will be paid and the war will continue. Until my people and my earth are safe.

He walked back to his boltab grove, too tired to kill slugs today.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:00 pm

**A Fire Elf wreathed in flame and chain approaches the University. He spits in the direction of the human establishment, the spittle boiling and evaporating as it travels through the air. With him is a dozen similarly armoured elves, of different elements, each bearing the symbol of the Phoenix King.

He commands them stop and wait. As a unit they stay and watch the discussions taking place at the gates.**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

rachel

Postby rachel » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:11 am

Singe hesitates, suddenly unsure of herself. She watches Kel and Warryn speak for a while, gathering her light magic. Then she quickly turns to the woman.

"Kel, I've come for my brother Scorch. Is he in the university? Does Sylas have him?"
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:43 pm

**Tired of waiting, the fire elf begins to move forward with his unit. There manner is definitely threatening.**

"University Occupants!" He calls out. "You have 5 minutes to show some action in resolving this situation or we will burn this building to the ground."

Return to “Coshwood Isle”