A night-time visit in the Sleeping Bear Tavern

The new homeland of the Elven people. Formerly The Bastion of Hope, Brockman Isle, The Colourful Isle and (before that) The Sea

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Rebecca

A night-time visit in the Sleeping Bear Tavern

Postby Rebecca » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:58 am

In his room in the Sleeping Bear Tavern, Erynion wakes to the sensation of something crawling on his chest. He opens his eyes. Some sort of creature is perched there. A hand. An undead hand. [Paralysis].
“Well ‘ello zere,” says a friendly voice - a voice he recognises. From just out of the corner of his eye he can make out at figure. Then the purple demoness leans in above him, grinning broadly. “I ‘eard you were looking to do some very interesting business, and I just ‘ad to meet you personally. Cut out ze middle man, so to speak. Now, I ‘ear - I know - zat you ‘ave ze mask of my dear deceased uncle. And you want to sell it?” She sniffs. “Zat’s not very decent. Not very decent at all.” Her face brightens again. “Don't worry, I'll be nice, I'll not be consuming you in any dark rituals, if only for the sake of that demonic spirit you carry inside you. I’m still willing to do some business spirits by all zat is dark grant unto me dominion of this here soul and bend it to my will, my word reign enshrined above."
Just as the paralysis begins to lift from him, her spell hits [rift-based dominate 15 soul). “Quickly, fetch and give me the mask of Insanity you advertised. Take no action that is not directly conducive to this task.” She begins to incant again under her breath, readying another spell to cast before the present one wears off.
Uukumanu - ranger and spirit seeker
Tuvstarr - Black Queen of Pharon Glos
Imliss - High Elven researcher in Blood Magic
Aetheldred - Sorcerer and psychomancer, daughter of the Völva of the Blood of Alfhild

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Re: A night-time visit in the Sleeping Bear Tavern

Postby Will » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:15 am

**Embarrassingly, as the clouds clear and the moon shines through the window, Osso sees that that the person she has attacked is a startled human, with no traces of the power of insanity on her.

Moreover, looking at the printed names on the woodwork, she can just make out the name "Honours Sting" indicating that this is not the Sleeping Bear. On reflection, she suddenly doesn't recall there ever being a Sleeping Bear on Coshwood Isle.

Hmm, deceived? That's not going to leave her happy...**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Rebecca

Re: A night-time visit in the Sleeping Bear Tavern

Postby Rebecca » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:31 am

Oso stares at the startled human. "For fuck sake..." She struggles to compose herself for a moment. "Well, I'm hungry. Disappointment will do zat to you." She picks up the candleholder on the bedside table. "Obviously I don't care about you." She smashes the candleholder into her skull. Again and again, until the sheets are red with gore. Then she reaches into the mess and draws out the barely visible strands of a human soul. Finally she looks down at her reddened fingers. Then she scribbles something on her face. "Look Joseph, I 'ave a moustache!" she exclaims cheerily. "Wait, I'll draw one on you too."

She turns back to the corpse. "Goodbye."

She vanishes.
Uukumanu - ranger and spirit seeker
Tuvstarr - Black Queen of Pharon Glos
Imliss - High Elven researcher in Blood Magic
Aetheldred - Sorcerer and psychomancer, daughter of the Völva of the Blood of Alfhild

Return to “Coshwood Isle”