A Darker tide

The new homeland of the Elven people. Formerly The Bastion of Hope, Brockman Isle, The Colourful Isle and (before that) The Sea

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Baelfire

A Darker tide

Postby Baelfire » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:46 pm

The sun has set and darkness has set in.

Ahead a grand ship by the name Naukos was sailing unsuspecting into the night.
Behind her as black as the darkness around them followed The Cheeky Bonefish. Her crew covered in robs matching the darkness they portended to be.

‘When do we strike?’ A chilling voice muttered.
‘Our time will come. When the time is right the captain will let us know’.

On-board the Naukos the captain stands proudly at the helm.
He turns, was that a sound, a voice, a mumbling.
He takes a step back. He can’t make it out
Another step back he can hear the words crisp as the cold air of the night.

Possession (19 sole)

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: A Darker tide

Postby Ben » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Admiral Hopesalver stiffens as his mind and body are entered by the invading force before it relaxes, completely under the control of the new arrival.
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Baelfire

Postby Baelfire » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:00 pm

He calls to nearby men
‘Go below, our trade begins now.
I need you to odder all crew to the small bouts and head into the isle separate from this ship. As part of the deal we are trading ships.
I need this don fast he have moments until our traders vessel arrives’

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:08 pm

As his eyes become accustomed to the gloom, Baelfire realises quite how massive Naukos is. It's the size of a town with factories, foundries, shops, homes and huge stores. This is where the majority of the Dwarven race now call home.

Hopesalver's second in command salutes the Admiral then turns to the men. "You heard the Admiral, launch the small boats in preparation for travel to Coshwood Isle." he turns back to the Admiral "I'm glad we're not trying to get the ship any closer to the island, once the boats are launched I'll get the cargo loaded. How many men do you want to send to the island?" he looks slightly concerned "I wasn't aware the Elves were buying a ship sir, the fleet is docked within the aft store and we can have one ready to sail within the hour. Which one are they buying? Won't it be obvious to the humans that we're trading with the Elves if they have one of our ships?"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Baelfire

Postby Baelfire » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:10 pm

This was going to be harder than he thought.
‘it is a temporary trade while goods are exchanged it will be returned to us after the trade is complete.’
‘I must leave to meet with the Elves captain. We have arranged to meet in row bouts on mutual terms I need one now. I am behind time and don’t wish to put this deal at risk. Get everyone off this ship as soon as possible and on root to the island. I need two men at the helm and that is it.’
‘Hurry we haven’t much time.’
‘I'm putting all my faith and trust in you. Do not let me down’

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:27 pm

The dwarf pales "I must have misunderstood. Abandon Naukos, sir? There are hundreds of people on board, women, children, the elderly. This is their home...we can't abandon it."

Tome of Magic 6.0

Baelfire

Postby Baelfire » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:39 pm

‘The alternative is we leave the cargo aboard small bout and anchor them hear.
I leave this dissension to you I need the cargo hear and our people away from hear. More importantly I need to be gone already get me a bout now. We are running out of time.’

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:04 am

The Dwarf nods but looks extremely disturbed. He heads off to the port side where the crew are preparing and shouts some orders. A small boat is launched immediately, dropping into awaiting the Admiral.

Meanwhile, one of the Dwarves turns a large wheel and part of the deck beneath one of the boats lowers until it almost disappears beneath the deck. Peering down into the hole in the lowered deck, a hatch has opened in the side leading into the rest of the ship and dozens of Dwarves begin to load it with crates. It takes a couple of minutes, the Dwarves work quickly and efficiently then the hatch snaps shut.

The Dwarf peering down into the depths turns a second wheel and the other side of the hole opens up, water flooding in and surrounding the boat, creating its own small harbour. Once the boat is surrounded by water, the Admiral's second-in-command orders two dozen Dwarves into the boat, the side of the ship opening to allow it to launch.

The scene: Naukos, the massive city ship had just dropped a small yacht into the sea (this occurred approximately 2 minutes after the Admiral was possessed) and it's sitting next to the massive ship with a rope hanging down to get into it. A larger boat (the size of a normal ship) filled with cargo and 24 Dwarves is sitting alongside, a gangplank linking it to Naukos (this would have been ready about 4 minutes after possession).

Tome of Magic 6.0

Baelfire

Postby Baelfire » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:52 pm

He walks to the small bout not waisting a second.
'remember I want as few people as possible on that ship it is to stay dead in the water and the Is to leve this location imdatly'.

He gets into the bout and calls up to the crew 

'Do not let me down. Richer times await us'.

With that he pushes away and attempts to get the small bout away from the Naukos As fast as he can. Faiding into the darkness.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:58 pm

The Dwarf nods but everything seems wrong. Why would the Admiral head off on his own? But his was not to question, that could wait.

"Cast off!"

The ship pushed away from Naukos, heading towards Coshwood Isle. They weren't far from shore and with a fair wind it would only take 20 minutes. However, as ordered it dropped anchor two lengths from Naukos and sat, dead in the water.

Tome of Magic 6.0

Baelfire

Postby Baelfire » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:40 pm

He has cast off.  Pushing onward until he knows he has fully faded into the darkness. 

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:26 am

As Baelfire's boat containing just him inside the Admiral's body and the other ship containing 24 men and all the cargo begin to move away, several flares of metamagic followed by shadow magic can be sensed from a dozen strategic points of the hull of Naukos. Explosions follow from dozens of points around the massive ship and the Dwarves begin to pour out from beneath deck, some with purpose, some in panic.

Baelfire can hear screams and shouts but can't make out any specifics.

Five minutes up, Baelfire is forced from the Admiral's body and the Admiral looks around, taking in the explosions aboard the city ship Naukos. Baelfire waits for Contingent Glyph to activate. It doesn't. The Admiral draws his sword.

Tome of Magic 6.0

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:42 pm

Two elves appear on board the grandship a heartbeat after leaving Coshwood Isle. One in robes of blue, his eyes holding anger and his fists holding magic, his companion radiating heat matched only by the Sun (and Sun God).

They look around quickly, expecting to be attacked the moment they appear…
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:27 pm

Dwarves are moving quickly, some are preparing various smaller craft for launch, preparing for evacuation from the look of it. One stops at the appearance of the Elves and speaks quickly,

"Sirs, your shipment is on the launch." he points over the side at the small ship anchored a couple of ships lengths away. "I didn't understand why the Admiral ordered it anchored until you appeared, best get off Naukos as soon as possible, we're going down."

Tome of Magic 6.0

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:38 pm

"How many need to be evacuated? We have troops and mages ready to come aboard to support but we can alter that and have mages able to teleport come over.

I assume repairing the ship and repelling the undead is out of the question...?"

Whilst waiting for a reply Darvan sends a message back to the elves: hold and be prepared for refugees from the sinking Naukos.
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Return to “Coshwood Isle”