A Darker tide

The new homeland of the Elven people. Formerly The Bastion of Hope, Brockman Isle, The Colourful Isle and (before that) The Sea

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Phil.Priest

Re: A Darker tide

Postby Phil.Priest » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:08 am

As the Far Sight closes Darvan can hear Samuel’s manic laugh echoing in his mind – it may have just been a figment of his imagination, but he knew that Quarin’s High Priest certainly was laughing.

The Glyph burning on to the wall was unexpected – almost genius – and definitely well prepared. A Contingency holding a Contingency Glyph, powered with Storms… definitely something he would be using in the future.

Shadows whirled around the room, ruining books and furniture, smashing bottles and tearing scrolls. In the centre the elf waited for the storm to subside. A shard of glass caught his cheek, the burn of alcohol seeps in to the wound. Quickly he reengages a shield to protect against anything else flying around.

A thoughtful look on his face as he wondered how many people Samuel expected this to kill, if he’d sent this into the barracks or any other place filled with people there would have been many dead, if he’d not acted alone and brought backup undoubtedly there would have been numerous lifeless elves.

Everything was replaceable or repairable… apart from some of the alcohol...
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:45 pm

[OOC: In response to Andy's post, which was made before mine...]

Darvan looks around the room, fresh blood on his cheek, but visible wounds, then towards the voice. "Just having a discussion with Samuel on the uses of Power Font... it was quite shocking for him and his retaliation was certainly not enlightening."

Moving over to the figure on the floor he sends a swift kick towards it.

"Did you leave him alive, or are we speaking with the dead?"

Before he receives a response he moves toward a metal chest tucked in a corner, the chest has been battered but for some reason seems to be in better condition than most things within the storm battered room. Opening it there are several manacles, all of which have a purple sheen to them, two of the three occupants within the room had previously had the pleasure of wearing them several years ago... if the third was still alive, he'd be wearing them shortly.
Lazar, God of Darkness

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:03 pm

Ashout nods

Oh.....that Lich. He's the shadow pauses interesting. Seems quite tricky to kill

Looking down at the body on the floor

He is alive. I figured you might wish to "talk" with him. He seems a bit of a liar to me.

Looking back to D'arven

So Samuel is attacking Coshwood Isle now? So much for the truce...
............................................................................Image

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:53 pm

Hearing that the person is still alive Darvan puts on a pair of thick leather gloves and retrieves the pureshard manacles that have been held in storage for so long, he moves to the prone figure and puts them on... after all, being immune to magic wouldn't stop everything that the high elf could, or would, do to him.

"Samuel was empowering undead and had a cadre of mages casting waterwalk on them to send them to the surface. I, as the High Priest of Magic, decided to put a stop to it when he began misusing magic once again.

What happened in here was his retaliation to me dispelling his Power Font and ruining a huge number of his minions. He tried to destroy my soul and then sought to eliminate any within the vicinity of me. I might have come out of it successful, but it isn't any where near the end of him."

The sorcerer gestures at one, then two chairs, they all reform from their broken state. He offers one to Ashout, moves to take the other himself. All the time keeping an eye on the magically useless person on the floor.

"I find myself no longer caring about the dwarves. They sank the Naukos so they can rebuild it, the defenses on the isle are being bolstered as we speak although I don't think Samuel will attack us - it was between me and him over his use of magic and I think he knows that."
Lazar, God of Darkness

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:16 pm

The Paladin takes the seat presented to him.

[color=#BF0040] So Samuel and an army are in the water underneath Coshwood Isle and you think he isn't going to attack the Island? What makes you so sure? [/color]
Last edited by Hatsuo1980 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
............................................................................Image

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:22 pm

"The Undead have been there for months. The longer they take the stronger our position becomes. I have no intention of leaving the isle whilst the threat is present, unless I am required to do so by a very short list of things - orders, a chance to restore Onlurin or if we need to step in to stop something bringing about the end of this world."
Lazar, God of Darkness

Callum

Postby Callum » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:15 pm

A few moments after the storms of shadow stopped kazrazil bursts through the door spells at the ready

"what just happened"
Kazrazil Coshwood, Fire Elf Fire Master
Squits Carnage, King of the Goblins (DEAD)
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

The Goblins are back :twisted:

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:22 pm

The shadow turns to the Coshwood of Fire

Samuel happened

Luke

Postby Luke » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:44 am

With all the coincidence afforded to meetings like this, Warryn entered shortly after.

Chain lightning?

The disapproval was written on his face. his chest seemed disproportioned and as he walked a small dust seemed to flake from under his chest plate.

I am extremely busy and don't have time for any of this. I trust you have it under control. I must remind you Darvan, that any refugees are not to be within half a mile of my grove. My Brother will confirm.

Next, I think we can deal with Samuel, or the Quarin. At least for a while. But, it requires everyone in this room, and maybe someone else.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Baelfire

Postby Baelfire » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:33 am

Finally he wakes rubbing his head 
'almost as bad as the hangover after the rodira girl. That was a bad night.'
At this moment he appears blissfully unaware of wear he is. 
He terns to see the people before him. His raven mask one and truly still on. 
He looks to Ashout.
'O you'
He then looks amongst the collection of elves before him pulled out a hip-flask and takes a swig.
'hi'

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:21 am

Upon the arrival of a few more guests Darvan gestures towards some other ruined furniture, repairing some seating.

"Good evening Kazrazil... Warryn. It was just an argument with Samuel, nothing to worry about, and Chain Lightning? No, the damage in here was caused by shadow storms... There has been no lightning in here."

As the final 'visitor' wakens the High Elf turns toward him, eyes cold...

"And as for you, you are going to tell me exactly what happened on Naukos and why you thought it necessary to take such action. You can't get out of here and even if you could it wouldn't help you escape us. Talk before I hand you to the Dwarves for justice."
Lazar, God of Darkness

Baelfire

Postby Baelfire » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:46 pm

He smiles 
'many believe the raven to be a symbol of death. That may be but I don't kill for fun.  Better in my eyes to take control of him than to risk the bloodshed of many.'
'By the way... Who are you?'

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:16 pm

The elves eyes narrow at the magically bound being.

"I shall introduce us... your current hosts-"
the High Elf gestures to the sparkling armoured form..
"General Massonil Onyx Coshwood, Eldest of the Elves, First of the Earth Elves and Paladin to both Gerethanax and Erathil."
Darvan's arm sweeps over toward the Fire Elf...
"Mage-General Kazrazil Coshwood, First of the Fire Elves, Prelate of Fire with the Font of Knowledge and Power."
He continues on to a humanoid shaped shadow...
"Ashout, Slayer of the Weak and Bane of the Light, the Chosen blade of the Lord of Murder."
His arm drops back to his side...
"and I, the High Priest of Onlurin, Archprelate of the Font of Knowledge and Power and High Chancellor of Coshwood Isle, Darvan Weyoun Aerlys. You will address each of us as My Lord or Sir unless told otherwise.

Now, lets return to what I have previously asked you - what were you doing on the Naukos? And what did you have to do with the attack?

I'm sure that by now you have realised that you do not have access to your magic. Your only way our is through co-operation"
Lazar, God of Darkness

Baelfire

Postby Baelfire » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:15 pm

He looks at Ashout 
'He tell you nothing? 
I'm looking to better my wealth by obtaining items of worth.'
'And no to use undead to case death is wrong unless it is for the grater good.' 
'need a hand getting rid of them?.'

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:59 pm

This 'man' is defiant! Or stupid. Or stubborn. I would say stupid.

Warryn started to seem agitated and moved a hand to his chest, patting it slightly.

We could just... Actually...

He walked over to the window,

NEPHEW! NEPHEW! GET IN HERE!

Caspian probably couldn't hear him, but he guessed some elf in the palace would hear him and carry the message on.

Then turning to the prisoner.

You should speak your answers quickly. Or they will be scraped from your cavernous head.
Last edited by Luke on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Return to “Coshwood Isle”