A Darker tide: the small boat

The new homeland of the Elven people. Formerly The Bastion of Hope, Brockman Isle, The Colourful Isle and (before that) The Sea

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Baelfire

A Darker tide: the small boat

Postby Baelfire » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:54 pm

Ben wrote:As Baelfire's boat containing just him inside the Admiral's body and the other ship containing 24 men and all the cargo begin to move away, several flares of metamagic followed by shadow magic can be sensed from a dozen strategic points of the hull of Naukos. Explosions follow from dozens of points around the massive ship and the Dwarves begin to pour out from beneath deck, some with purpose, some in panic.

Baelfire can hear screams and shouts but can't make out any specifics.

Five minutes up, Baelfire is forced from the Admiral's body and the Admiral looks around, taking in the explosions aboard the city ship Naukos. Baelfire waits for Contingent Glyph to activate. It doesn't. The Admiral draws his sword.

Seeing the sword being drawn he takes a step back.
‘by my power halt’
Meanwhile seeing the magic flying from the ship the Balefires ship makes a retreat.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: A Darker tide

Postby Ben » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:58 pm

He may not have been able to resist powerful domination, but a stopping effect? That was nothing to an experienced Dwarf, a small expenditure of essence and Persistence kicked in. He advanced, sword ready to swing.

"Who are ye lad?"

Admiral Hopesalver
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Baelfire

Postby Baelfire » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:24 am

He lowers his hood to reveal a raven mask.  
'My name is baelfire you have 2 options play along and prevent a war or i leave and you start a blood bath'.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:14 pm

"Dare to threaten me creature?" the Dwarf, surprisingly agile, leaps towards Baelfire his sword swinging towards the man's neck.

Tome of Magic 6.0

Baelfire

Postby Baelfire » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:28 pm

He carries  on stepping back slowing himself to fall into the sea crying.
'evermore'
There is a spike of magic as undead appear. Many missing the bout and falling into the sea. 
'plan B' 
he calls    
those who landed in the bout attempt. To put the admiral to the floor the rest let themselves sink. 

Laying in the water he appears to be casting. 

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:15 pm

The contingency activates on command and 5 undead are teleported to the boat, only one falls over the side. The Admiral, head of the Dwarven people dispatches two in no time, knocks another overboard but seems to be having a little difficulty with the last as it desperately parries his blows as he pushes it back towards the side Baelfire has just dropped over.

Tome of Magic 6.0

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:35 pm

Below the ocean, swarms of skeletons surround Coshwood Isle. From their appearance they have been beneath the ocean for several months waiting, simply waiting. The appearance of a couple of undead floating down to the join them is unexpected and spurs some movement from the waterlogged skeletons as they report the unexpected new arrivals to their Hopeslayer masters.

Tome of Magic 6.0

edwin

Postby edwin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:52 pm

With a flash a second human figure appears in the boat with the admiral and takes a seat whilst watching him struggle with the undead.

Charm Person (15 Soul)

"Mind Message baelfire""Making the best of a bad situation"

You seem to be in a spot of trouble friend

Two ships start to appear out of the gloom, and the newly arrived man seems to be studying their distance from the small row boat.

From the sound of all those explosions, I do believe that your grand vessel is going down..... and fast

He gestures at the newly arrived ships drawing ever closer

Now all honest sailors should help each other in time of need.....Now here is my predicament, I like Dwarves, I served as a first mate to one captain Hightide, many moons ago, but it pains me to see a friend doing willing do business with a race that almost destroyed my livelihood

he pulls a gold coin from his pocket, studies it them flips it into the air catches it and studies it once more

Heads, right here is what I will do for you, I will take my two vessels lad draw them along side your lame duck that's going down and we will load up what ever cargo and people we can and take them to safety....but its going to cost you my friend

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: A Darker tide: the small boat

Postby Ben » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:16 pm

The Admiral continues his fight against the undead taking a nasty blow to his shoulder and letting out a cry of pain as the blood spills across the deck and flows over the side. Through teeth gritted with pain he shouts.

"What do you want?"

Admiral Hopesalver

Tome of Magic 6.0

edwin

Postby edwin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:32 pm

Edwin sighs gets to his feet and draws his sword, he lazily advances towards the undead and begins to help the admiral to his feet

Since no deal can be reached if you die, this help I will give you for free

he slashes at the nearest undeads face trying to drive it back away from the admiral and towards the edge of the boat to knock it into the sea

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:39 pm

With two people against it, the undead is driven into the ocean.

"See him?" the Admiral gestures to Baelfire, "Undead scum. Help me end him and we'll deal."

Admiral Hopesalver

Tome of Magic 6.0

Baelfire

Postby Baelfire » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:44 pm

He clambers back onto the small bout. 
'stop you attack'
The undead dose so 
'There is a big pay out on it's way in shore if you want. I'm shore I can keep the main ship busy enough'

edwin

Postby edwin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:00 pm

He speaks to the dwarf while he keeps is eyes and sword pointed at the Undead in the ravens mask

I try not to make a habit of tangling with the undead Lad, I offered help to save your people not get myself killed in the process

edwin

Postby edwin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:11 pm

Edwin looks around uneasily

I don't see much choice I either help or we both die

he hesitates a moment eyes fixed on baelfire, then suddenly he lunges for the undead in the ravens mask

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:15 pm

The Admiral joins the attack, aiming to kill.

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “Coshwood Isle”