At the end, a beginning...

The homeland of the humans and location of the Telerfret city Ingolé, the Larkant city of Mahtar, the Everni city of Nandine and the ruins of the capital city of Sanga

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Luke

Re: At the end, a beginning...

Postby Luke » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:31 am

The Serkanians hand rests upon the hilt of his sword.

Honoured soldiers. If you have something to say to me then do not dishonour your general with your rudeness and cowardice. I am not human. I am not from this land. I have not killed an orc.

I have thought your people brave and honourable. If you have insult to say then say it and we shall see who leaves this camp with their head.

He pulled his mask to his face and growled a mirrored snarl to the one he had recieved.

General, he bowed a shipyard would be most welcome, but a port better. My people have begun to build ships but our stores of wood are weak, we can send a ship to being Orcs to the sacred island. We have prepared it with shipment, as goodwill. Then build more ships for merchant fleets.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Dansengupta

Postby Dansengupta » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:04 am

Durak growls at him and eyes the Serkanians hand on his sword and tightens his own grip on his hammer

"You are correct I have not shown the general the respect he deserves this day"

he turns to the general, and salutes

he turns back,

"I will not dishonor him or myself and act as the humans did and spill the blood of one who enters our camp in the name of friendship"

He looks the Serkanian up and down

"If we have caused offence assuming you were something you are not I offer my apologies, however human or no your comments and insults will not be forgotten and will have to be addressed at a more appropriate time and place"

Buchatar

Postby Buchatar » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:14 am

Sorak smirks and lets the pair finish their little spat.

"Not-human. I like you. It doesn't take much to rile up my brother, but you did it in record time."
Grinning widely, he blinks/winks at Durak with his good eye.
"Brother, let this Not-Human and the General finish their piece. We will get our turn. I'm interested to hear what he's got to say, especially about this Island."

Folding his arms and taking half a step back, Sorak's grin remains in place as he eyes the party inside the tent.
LARP virginity lost "Saturday 06 October 2007".
Will LARP for food.

Sorak - Orc Celebrant with a MIGHTY CLEAVER.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:03 pm

"First, enough of causing offence with words. Let our deeds show who the Orcs are.

Ignoring for the moment what I think or what the humans of Sinya Palurin feel, do you believe that justice has been served for the death of your brother?"

Gungrol
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Buchatar

Postby Buchatar » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:26 pm

"Boss, if I may, if it was just about my brother then I would have left things be at the Human encampment those moons ago. Wiped my hands and rested well. I would not have high-tailed it across the terrain if it was not for a purpose."

The corner of his mouth starts to twitch, glancing at his brother before continuing.
"How are we to now that actions like this are not already happening across this twisted land? Brothers and sisters cut down by power-hungry Humans."
Straining to keep his voice at a reasonable level, he punches one hand into the palm of another,
"Letting this slide back into the earth is an insult to our entire race. We need answers, Boss. With rumour of the dead ones shrinking back, now is the perfect time to demand such things."
Will LARP for food.

Jake

Postby Jake » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:36 pm

Doran stood quietly, green eyes flicking slowly from person to person. When he spoke, his voice was calm and low.

"General, if I may. The Orc nation is few, risking all out war with the humans would prove imprudent, I think. As you may recall, they showed great strength and honour alongside our people during the events in Little Piddling."

He regarded the two other Orcs with a dispassionate gaze, but continued to address Gungrol,

"I mourn the loss of our bloodkin as all Orcs should, but I believe our limited resources may be better focused on strengthening friendships, and helping rebuilding efforts in our homeland of Noore I'Meles."

This time he directed his words at the newcomers.

"You have had your justice, in the death of eight humans. I do not see that it needs to go any further."
Doran Onatah - Orc celebrant of Gerethenax
Duvall - Sellsword and wanderer

Dansengupta

Postby Dansengupta » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:43 pm

Durak snorts with laughter

"strength and honor! I stood witness as a sergeant and several soldiers from the human army deserted us during an attack when things appeared to get slightly out of hand, you will find more honor in a goblin than a human of sinya palurin"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:53 pm

"I have had no reports of missing or mistreated Orcs, there have been deaths at the hands of the soulless but there is no suggestion that the humans were responsible. Some of our forces fell back, breaking the line allowing the soulless to flank the humans when they heard the humans had murdered one of their own. Action will be taken against those who disobeyed orders."

He drums his fingers a few times.

"This land is that of the humans, we have never made a claim otherwise. We are here as guests of the humans and in return we stand with them against the undead."

He picks up a few pieces of paper from beside the map.

"Assuming they are no longer an immediate threat then we have time to deal with this matter. What answers do you seek? The humans claim that the commander of the fort issued an order to the cook to close this gate once everyone was through. That those passing through were aware of this order but due to circumstances beyond his control he was delayed in reopening it. He claims by only a second or so but apparently this translated to a number of hours on the other side. The cook, an unarmed man of little essence or military experience was attacked, his arm severed by your brother and he fled to report to the commander what had happened."

He looks up at the orcs.

"Does this sound correct so far?"

He continues.

"The cook claims that they returned the next morning, your brother was asked to explain himself but was unrepentant for his assault...although the humans refer to it as attempted murder, an assessment I am tempted to agree with. The commander put him to death and shortly thereafter the gate was activated by persons unknown killing the commander and his men, with the exception of the cook and a man named Pony who was guarding their camp."

The general sighs.

"Now. It seems likely to me that someone activated that gate on purpose knowing that it would kill the military, if so this is a deplorable act showing neither honour nor bravery. However, the humans are willing to record it as a tragic accident if we are willing to accept that the commander of the camp was acting of his own volition in executing one of our men rather than on behalf of the human army. If though we insist on an investigation into your brother's death they will begin their own into the deaths of 8 soldiers."

He looks at the orcs.

"Tell me that neither of you caused the deaths of those soldiers and that you accept the killer of your brother is now dead so the matter can be dropped and this ends here and now. It is your choice."

Gungrol

Tome of Magic 6.0

Buchatar

Postby Buchatar » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:21 pm

"Guests or not, General, it does not take an idiot to see that relations are strained. It does however take a cunning adversary to hide the truth and allow scenarios to gloss over."
Sorak uncrosses his arms and tucks his thumbs into his belt, eyeing the occupants of the tent.

"I am a follower of Llarweyella. I follow a path that removes those that wrong me, and my family. Removal by whatever means to achieve absolute victory. I do not need to lecture yourself, Boss, on war." Wiping his nose on the back of his hand, he continues, "In following my faith, I ensured that the man that killed my brother was removed. Collateral damage is expected. I turned on that god-forsaken gate. And you know what? It was fucking glorious." A smile taints his face as he spouts the last sentence.

With a flash he rips off his eye patch, revealing a knot of scarred tissue, ripe, red skin and a glossy, white eye ball, sunk far back into the skull.
Raising his voice higher he takes a step forward,
"I dare you to tell me that revenge for my brother, the very blood that flows through me. Revenge for the Orc race and a realisation that this hatred from the humans goes far deeper. I dare you to say that all of this is wrong. Because, tell me, how much longer will this last?"
Straining to calm his voice, he snarls the last part.

"Give it time, the Humans will always wage war on someone. They'll be bored of the Elves soon enough."
Will LARP for food.

Dansengupta

Postby Dansengupta » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:35 pm

Durak puts a hand on Soraks shoulder and pulls him back and protectively places himself in front on him

" My brother did not act alone, I knew what he was going to do, but my vows prevented me from taking any part so I turned a blind eye to his actions, he also speaks truth, the humans are too ambitious to hungry for dominance within the world, and what is to say they will not turn on us when they are finished with the elves and the souless, as you have mentioned yourself there were others who deserted the lines as a result of the humans actions meaning that it is not just my family that feels this way"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:30 pm

"Did you listen to what Doran said? Our nation is in crisis, there are very few of us left. Even if the humans had caused us untold suffering, declaring war on them would be suicide. Would you have us side with the Elves? The Soulless? Fighting them on our own is not a war we could win, we are outnumbered by a hundred to one and the options for allies are few."

The general stands once more.

"Perhaps they will turn on us and if they do we will be ready but I will not tolerate acts that lead our people into war! You took revenge for your brother's death, I understand your actions but I cannot condone them. I will not hand you over to the humans but I will not harbour you here Sorak, you are no longer welcome within our ranks. Leave. Now."

Gungrol

Tome of Magic 6.0

Buchatar

Postby Buchatar » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:57 pm

Sorak turns and takes a good, long look at everyone in the tent.
Slowly, he untangles his eye patch and places it securely. Hiding the mutilation.
"General," a smile crosses his face, "I know full well you couldn't give a damn about me, nor you Doran, nor probably you 'Not-Human', but I give a damn about Orcs. The tribes, my brothers in arms and sisters in battle. The Gods know that much at least."

With the smile still on his face, Sorak reaches down and withdraws a dagger from his boot. Casting it onto the floor of the tent.
"Dorak, your code has been conflicted. I do not expect anything from you brother."

As he turns to head towards the tent exit, he pulls his coat about him and mumbles,
"Time to get out of this hell hole."
Will LARP for food.

Dansengupta

Postby Dansengupta » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:10 pm

"General I have lost one brother I will not abandon the other, I leave in exile with Sorak"

Durak turns and heads for the door, but looks back at the general just before

"When the day comes when the Humans turn on the Orc, I hope you will accept us back among your ranks to fight with our Kin once more"

he turns back around talking to himself

"by the Gods it will be a glorious war"

and walks through the tent flap after his brother

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:30 pm

Ten Tigers stood silent, his mask still over his face and his body upright and rigid. His eyes flickered to the Orcs, their leaving, and the General and then to Doran. It seemed not all orcs were wise. The two acted like children, undisciplined, and without restraint. The code of the Furious Blades was similar, to let your hatred guide your sword... but also to channel it to when it is necessary. The orcs were different to the Serkanian's, in more ways than he had first thought... but...

General, you impress me. I have an... offer for you?

He bowed deeply and pulled the mask from his face.

You say your people are few, that you fear for your security, and that you are fighting a war that has now been won. Come to Serke Kemi. As an honoured guest to the Untouched Grace. You can bring your people, we can settle them and feed them for a year. We can train your warriors, build you ships, give you space for your numbers to grow. The Pure Isle is looking for allies and we are not open to all.

If you fear for the security of your land then fear not, leave a garrison. If it is taken then in one year I will bring the Arbatim back with your people and we will take the land for your people.

He bowed his head waiting for a response. His eyes were alight, and he felt intense. An offer like this had never been made. He wasn't even sure if he could make it. But who better to root out the darkness in the court, and the presence in the northern mountains? There were good advantages to having a small army of foreigners on your land, especially when they felt indebted. Of course now that the issues with the humans had escalated the orcs would have to first accept that humans and serkanians were different. Inherently different... but that was his goal all along.

He prayed to his sword Kami that the General would accept... but he gave a little prayer to the Furious Master who had forged his sword too... Quayle.. just imagine the battle when Orcs and Furious blades purge the north... just imagine it...
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Jake

Postby Jake » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:55 am

Doran listened intently as Ten Tigers made his proposal to General Gungrol. When the serkanian had finished, Doran gave a small smile and bowed towards him.

"A generous and well recieved offer, my friend. One I would urge our great leader to consider."

He turned to look Gungrol in the eyes, gauging the old orc's reception of the offer.

"However, I would counsel caution in this, Sir. We have obligations and duties to our allies here, the rodera and the humans. Moreover, mass emigration of the orc nation may seem like an act of cowardice in the wake of.... recent events."

Doran paused, pensive. He muttered low, gravelly sounds to himself, and rolled a piece of a bone amulet between his fingers.

"Noore I'Meles will take some time to rebuild, and our people need a home."Doran continued,"I would suggest sending a handpicked council to act on your behalf, a contingent of fighting orcs, and all in our nation who are too old, too young or otherwise unable to fight here, back to Serke Kemi with Ten Tigers, as long as they are willing."

He looked up at Ten Tigers.

"And I will make the words shared tonight an Oath."
Doran Onatah - Orc celebrant of Gerethenax
Duvall - Sellsword and wanderer

Return to “Sinya Palurin”