Harwood's Place

The homeland of the humans and location of the Telerfret city Ingolé, the Larkant city of Mahtar, the Everni city of Nandine and the ruins of the capital city of Sanga

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Littleben

Harwood's Place

Postby Littleben » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:29 pm

Fern, a peasant of Ingolé who fought alongside Harwood a year ago at the catarophe approached the perimeter of Harwood's compound and appeared to be very out of breath. He stumbled towards the 2 guards that one would first meet, almost falling to the floor.

He almost gasped for air, " He... Hello Sirs," he tried to take deep breathes to spill out as much information at once, "I've come a long way as fast as I could as I need to give a message to Prince Harwood that I was notified of."

Fern then took a moment to get his breath back as he waited for what he would predict to be a cautious response from the guards asking lots of questions.
As long as I can't lose, I've already won.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: Harwood's Place

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:40 pm

The guards stood like statues for a moment before one of them spoke.

"Any message you have for the Haran can be passed on."
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Fern nods. "Of course I understand the course of action, sirs, but unfortunately this letter is I have is quite important in it's details and I was instructed it was for Harwood's eyes only. I must insist on seeing it gets to him personally. Tell Harwood my name, Fernando Thistle, he should remember me from a year ago where we fought together against godly beings."

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:50 pm

A third man, in similar uniform but lighter armour, steps out from the shadows. A clever idea, a couple of guards for show and one? Some? Hidden in case of trouble. Fern had spotted him of course but it was still a good idea.

"I will inform the Haran."

The man leaves and after a few minutes returns.

"The Haran has agreed to an audience."

A couple more men break for the shadows and the three lead Fern into the compound overlooking the rebuilding of the city of Sanga. After a few minutes he is led into an audience chamber where Harwood sits reading through several reports. He looks up at Fern before putting the papers down and standing.

"Mr Thistle. How might I be of service?"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Fern had seen the one man hiding and even the second, but he was suprised he did not notice the third! He followed the men as calmly as he could into Harwood's chamber.
He made a slight bow, "Haran, good to see you again and in good health!" He paused for acknowledgement, then went on, "I do not require your service but in fact I am in service to you and the human peoples. I have here a letter for you, detailing the plans of a suspected robbery of the Pure Heart. It was given to me by an everni scout whom I can trust quite well and can speak of their abilities, I believe this is a legitimate cause for concern."

He then places the letter on the table in front of Harwood.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:15 pm

"Good to see you as well. I'd heard you had fallen, I am glad this was mistaken."

He looks thoughtful "A robbery of the Pure Heart or by them? Something they've done or will do?"

He reaches out and picks up the letter.

Tome of Magic 6.0

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Fern nods graciously, "Thank you Haran, it's good to still be here. I believe i was told of the Pure Heart, which I think will still benefit the elves greatly. I'm not exactly a tactician, but if we could stop and possible capture the strike force it would play hugely in our favour. I was only given a general breif, I'm at the knowledge that the more intricate details are in the letter which I was told are for your eyes only."

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Harwood slits the envelope with a letter opener and unfolds the letter. Nothing seems to happen except Harwood is no longer there, the envelope flitters to the floor.

A beat.

The three guards are moving towards Fern, a crossbow bolt is loosed towards Fern...

Tome of Magic 6.0

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:39 pm

Fern saw Harwood vanish, muttered under his breath and was gone as quick as Harwood was.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:06 pm

The bolt sunk deep into the wall and the three guards looked pale. The alarm was sounded and soon Harwood's compound thrived with activity.

Fernando Thistle was the first point of interest and research began into his life. He was a goodman, incapable of being able to wield essence let alone such powerful magic. A mage was called for and the question asked "who had helped Fernando Thistle escape?", the reply "Kazrazil Coshwood". A second question, "who had caused Harwood to disappear?" this time an answer "D'arvan Weyoun"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:01 am

Dellam was not in a good mood. He should have been ecstatic, or at least happier then this given the undead had taken a severe blow from whatever life ritual had been enacted and had swept the down vast portions of their army. However that had been set aside in favour of worrying rumours that orc had been abandoning the front for some unknown reason and while they had a reprieve such talk didn't bode well in the long run. With that in mind Dellam had retired from the front, leaving the burning of bodies and the hunting down of weakened undead in the hands of some of his fully capable compatriots. In the meanwhile he had swept back from the front and picked up a pair of his most loyal along the way and made his way to Hardwoods, wanting to speak with the Haran on what in the Wastes was going on. Out front he'd confront the first guards he could find, drawing himself up still girded for war with his wings neatly folded behind him. "I need to speak to Harwood, where is he?", he'd ask bluntly.
Player of;
Vynrael, the Hound of Asternia
Jaguar, High priest of the Party
Ekrit, Nomad Magic Weapon maker of Yashmanar
Thromlui, Psychomancer, Nightmare made manifest

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:07 am

**Dellam arrived to find a residence in full armed lock down. As he approaches however, a couple of guards move toward him and salute**

"Sir Kelbeck, you're a sight for sore eyes. Harwood has gone missing Sir, believed trapped in the Hopewastes, but not dead. A cowardly Elven plot it seems"

**A few nearby human villagers gasp and start muttering**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:42 am

Dellam blinks in surprise. In the Hopewastes but not dead? That wasn't good news at all. Even the sworn he'd broguth with him looked concerned by that.
"Blast it...this couldn't have come at a worse time. We need to get this coordinated before the Souless rally or come up with any smart tricks.", he muttered, reaching up to rub his chin.
He looked to the guards then after a moment.
"Who's running the show here then? Where are Uthred and any of our other commanders? Has anyone else been targeted by this?"
Player of;

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:19 pm

"Still trying to establish what has happened Sir. First order of business seems to be working out how to get him back. Thanking our lucky stars that the Soulless have been driven back to be honest Sir"
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Dellam nods, the ghost of a smile creasing the edge of his lips before the stern countenance returns.
"Well tell what magic users we have to keep working on the problem...for now the Souless are just reeling, not gone, we need to coordinate and use this opportunity to inflict as much damage as possible."
He looks over his own as well as the guards, "Someone find me runners...we need to get word out to Uthred and any others we can...and actually, someone find me a meta mage...I need to get word to General Gungrol, quickly now."
Player of;

Return to “Sinya Palurin”