In a dockside tavern

The homeland of the humans and location of the Telerfret city Ingolé, the Larkant city of Mahtar, the Everni city of Nandine and the ruins of the capital city of Sanga

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

samthefisherman

In a dockside tavern

Postby samthefisherman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:57 pm

A  young man aproached the dockside tavern. There were a few fishermen and a few sailors standing by the door. The young man looked at them and took note of what they were saying before entering the tavern. He got himself a drink and one other. He took the drinks to a table between two large groups of heavily drinking men and sat down. He wasnt drinking alone long before he was joined by another man.

edwin

Re: In a dockside tavern

Postby edwin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:07 pm

the new man wears a large hood concealing his face, he whispers to the first man and hands him a stack of posters. He nods and heads for the door not before stopping to nail it to the back of the tavern door

Cargo ships wanted, any condition acceptable as long as they float, quick sale only
cash upon delivery, please ask for Edwin or Sam the fisherman at the dockside tavern

samthefisherman

Postby samthefisherman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:29 pm

The first man downs the rest of his before taking the stack of poster with him and leaving the tavern. Outside he hands out posters to the men who he had noticed earlier.

Aye aye guys, take one of these and let meh know if ya ear of anything suitable.

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:23 pm

*the old sea dog sitting on a barrel put down his pipe, taking the little parchment he scratched his head, canine ears drooping a little in confusion for a moment before looking back at one of the skinner human lads shifting cargo*
Whelp get your arse over here, read this ere for me will ya

*the boy scampered over rather quickly, taking the paper from his captain and reading it aloud for him. The beastkin fisherman stroking his platted beard a few times before nodding*
Quick sale eh? Rava up front?... hmm not a cargo ship, but ive got an old fishing boat we dont use anymore, never managed to find a new crew for her, just floating about now. She will need a lil work to get her ship shape again, but plenty of room down below if ya wanna be ferrying stuff back and forth.. sound like something you be looking for mate?
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

samthefisherman

Postby samthefisherman » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:45 pm

A smile crept across sams face.
"That would be perfect, aye just what we are after. Would 25 rava buy this boat off you?"

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:08 pm

*breaking out in a full hearted laugh he almost fell back off his barrel, voice tainted with the effects of smoking as he chuckled away. Taking a good little while to come back to his sense with a smirk on his face*
“25 rava? Ha! Oh boy you have some witt, that be sure.... that kinda note will get you a mast if you are lucky... noo noo this old gal is worth at least 150, specially with the quick sale and all before people ask questions ya know?”

*as his is going on a rather drunken looking chap staggers over “accidently” bumping into Sam, leaving a note in his hand as he staggered off*
heh... begging ya pardon.... po..premord....kas....... that drunk god’s been good to me....”

edwin

Postby edwin » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Edwin approaches Sam and grunts

"How much does this scoundrel want for this bucket"

samthefisherman

Postby samthefisherman » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:52 pm

"150 rava Edwin I dont think that sounds like a fair price. Lets see what else we can find round here that doesnt involve a kings randsome

The two menleft muttering amoungst themselves.

They made their way around the buildings near by to make sure they werent followed before doubling back and ending up behind the inn where the drunk gentleman was waiting.

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:17 am

**A short, bearded man -a Dwarf- shuffles closer. His armour is broken and rusted. His mouth hangs open. His eyes are somehow not really focused on the boat sale.**

"SSShhhhhip."

**He staggers past, not really seeming to notice the others at the dockside.**

samthefisherman

Postby samthefisherman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:40 pm

Sam turns and walks after the stumbling dwarf.

Yes a ship is what we are after. Can you help?

Being a fisherman Sam wasnt a stranger to a few drinks but he looked unimpressed by how drunk the dwarf was.

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Behind the inn stood two figures, the first the "drunk" from before who was now standing perfectly fine and accepting a few notes from a slightly more well built human. Wearing as long black cloak and fine silk shirt he emanated wealth and confidence rather than anything too sinister. Patting the actor on the shoulder he shooed him off before turning to face the others.

"Ignore the dwarf I asked you here not he, I thought you might wanna hear a proposition to save you a pretty few rava. Though if you wanna go chasing after drunk dwarfs by all means, it's not like I'm a busy man or anything"

samthefisherman

Postby samthefisherman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:58 pm

Sam smirked at the last comment, and caught the eye of his mate Edwin who shook his head at Sams smirking.

Save us a few rava aye, well sir you certainly have our attention. Whats this, oh howd you put it, proposal you have for us? Im the easy one here, any proposal will have to be agreed by my c..... errr mate here

Sam then stepped back slighty behind Edwin.

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:49 am

*taking out an old looking pipe from his coat he lit up and casually started to puff between sentences.*

"well lets just say that dog out there owes me one or two favors so i'm sure i can get him to lower the price for that vessel you gents seem to be after, if not remove it completely.
now you see, my associates and i have a certain interest in cargo as it were, more specifically a certain piece which has been missing for some time and we are keen to relocate it.
now we wouldn't wanna infringe or trouble your business at all so all i ask is to be kept inform of what you are moving, and to where or whom it has gone.
of course this would be after the delivery so your job is done and in the clear."

*taking a few more deep breath of his pipe he casually leaned back against the inn*

"don't get me wrong, we wouldnt be troubling or chasing your clients, we are only trying to figure out where something has got to and whom has it... but alas what it is i can't say.
got two deals for you as it were, just for keeping us informed of ill get that old seadog to lower the price for you quiet substantially.... or if you want me to call in a few more favors ill get you the ship as a business partner, all i'll need in return is the information and a cut of your profits."

edwin

Postby edwin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Edwin rubs his chin thinking

"How much of our profits are we talking here, sure we can keep our ear to the ground for this mystery cargo of yours, but I'm not really one for taking on partners, so I ask again how much profit and more importantly how long for"

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Well if you are wanting that rather impressive discount I can offer I'd say we are looking at 10 percent for your first year of trading, of course only from the cargo, any other business is your own.
I'd still want to be kept informed even after that year though unless our missing goods have turned up, so I could maybe offer some sort of protection for your vessel, if misfortune was to befall it we could replay or sponsor the repairs and replacment. this of course in exchanged for the continued flow of information my friends.

Return to “Sinya Palurin”