The Forts Completed

The homeland of the humans and location of the Telerfret city Ingolé, the Larkant city of Mahtar, the Everni city of Nandine and the ruins of the capital city of Sanga

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Dellam

The Forts Completed

Postby Dellam » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:11 pm

General Kellbeck stood upon the battlement of what he had named Fort Primarii (in an original burst of thought) and looked out to the land beyond in the direction of Varya. A long month had passed since he'd had the three border fortresses assigned to him for reconstruction and progress had gone on well enough. Initial delays in clearing the southernmost of the fort line had led to a few fatalities and injuries but with that well past everything had gone much ahead of the schedule he'd mapped out. Now it was all coming to a close, at least at this stage of things. Turning he hopped down off the high point of the wall to meet one of his sworn, who came with a scroll in hand which he offered up to Dellam, the angel of Mamazumo unfurling it and reading the contents quickly.
"Excellent...with the last touches finished to the forts we can begin with the repositioning.", he muttered mostly to himself before looking up at his second, "Issue the new orders for deployment."

The new orders were straight forward enough, splitting the normal troops into equal blocks divided between the 3 forts but moving all the sworn to the centre which he would use as a command centre and have the sworn themselves as a rapid response force. Leaving 3 bastions of heavily armed, well trained human troops on your flanks in bypassing them would be a dangerous move for any force and while any army was tied up dealing with the walls and the men within, the sworn could fall on them with a sure savageness that Dellam so enjoyed seeing from them. The flicker of a smile formed at the edges of his lips as he considered that as well as the other surprises he'd prepared just incase of any military eventualities. He did savour this sort of thing, the kind of life he'd been born and bred for.

Leaving the walls for a time he headed down to be with his men again to find out the latest news and the like. You could always trust soldiers to gossip and keep abreast of what was going on in the world, even if it was often inane and Dellam was not one who liked to be kept in the dark of things. Most of interest was the continuing talk of issues with the orcs, though he was at lest keeping those faithful to the Mother on side for now. He wondered how that situation fared elsewhere.
Player of;
Vynrael, the Hound of Asternia
Jaguar, High priest of the Party
Ekrit, Nomad Magic Weapon maker of Yashmanar
Thromlui, Psychomancer, Nightmare made manifest

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: The Forts Completed

Postby Ben » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Drake appears in a metamagic infused haze.

"General Kellbeck, I was honoured to receive your message."

Drake
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:31 pm

Those eyes ringed in red by the blood markings of Mamazumo turned on Drake as he arrived, as did the attention of a pair of heavily armed Bloodsworn whom at least made sure it was no member of the Quarin appearing before anything else. They eased off however when Drake greeted Dellam and the General offered his hand to Drake.
"Its good to see you Drake, I'm sorry to bring you out here like this but I thought that while we have this lull in events it might be the best course. Can I offer you any refreshment while you are here?"
He asked, even though for now they stood in the center courtyard of the fort.
Player of;

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:28 pm

He looks slightly disturbed at the readiness of the men but shakes Dellam's hand warmly.

"Perhaps I should have used that new-fangled Message spell to announce my intentions rather than just appear. Something sweet, cold and non-alcoholic, I like to keep my mind clear while working on something important."

He sits down, his body relaxing visibly as he loosens his belt allowing his sword in its scabbard to fall to the floor.

"Now, let's talk rituals and sacrifices."

Drake

Tome of Magic 6.0

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:38 pm

Dellam looked to one of his men with a vaguely amused smile.
"Well go on then! Get the man something before he dies of dehydration!", he offers at which the Sworn hammered a fist to his chest, grinned and then darted off out the doorway.
The attention of the angel then turned back on Drake.
"Right...well way I see it the Quarin won't stay bottled up forever. They'll either come back hard with what they have or find a way to get around all this life power flowing around. In either instance I want to create a line in the sand best I can against them. I've had my men destroying bodies and the like since the situation started so thats once factor dealt with...the other is here."
He dips a hand into a pouch in his belt then and pulls out a small jewel.
"This...was created by the power of Mamazumo to give me the ability to destroy that which is an abomination in her sight. Specifically it grants me the power to inflict upon them whatever hurts them most. As the undead are as much abomination as anything else in her eyes and mine, I would sacrifice it to turn this place into a true fortress against the power of the Quarin."
Player of;

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:59 pm

Drake takes the gem, rolls it around in his hands, holds it up to the light and squints at it.

"Hmmm...this gem is the antithesis of...something. A creature...a beast, born of blood...but not of your Lady."

His eyes close slightly and the power of Yashmanar flows around him.

"Your Lady...someone invoked the power of Risk in her name...they lost their bet. This abomination was the punishment for losing this bet...perhaps the remains of he who lost? This gem...her weapon to fight it..."

He blinks and refocuses on Dellam.

"It has power...its original purpose presumably at an end it could perhaps be repurposed."

Drake

Tome of Magic 6.0

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:23 am

"I did mangle something pretty good so I guess that must have been it. Had hoped it'd have broader use but ah well! If repurposing will work then so be it, though I wass hoping for something a bit more large scale. If a dedicated attack does come at the forts we'll need everything we can get right here."
He reaches up t rub his chin then thoughtfully.
"If it still may have some power as a sacrifice it might be useful...beyond that I could offer up something more personal if needs be, not withstanding any of my power that might be of use in such."
Player of;

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:00 pm

Drake thinks for a moment.

"There is a new deity who has arisen, you lady gave us some assistance in its creation. It is known as Spiter and is the deity of Tactics, projectile weaponry and cunning. She could use a home, a centre of worship. Perhaps something in one of the forts and in turn she might grant some assistance in protecting them."

Drake

Tome of Magic 6.0

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Dellam nods slowly.
"I was aware of a change in the Pantheon though I hadn't looked in on it. Hmmm....if this Spiter can grant us assistance I have to say, as a General, I've no qualms offering a home to a deity of tactics. She'd certainly be a welcome presence."
He smiles a little.
"I don't see why we can't expand the shrine chamber to give her a space in there as well. Perhaps I'll even go meet her if it so pleases her."
Player of;

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:39 am

Drake smiles and gestures with the gem.

"Can I keep this while I work on a ritual?"

Drake

Tome of Magic 6.0

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:32 am

Dellam thought on that for a moment and then gave a slow nod,

"If it will help Drake you may with the Mothers blessing. While you work on that I'll commune and see about this Spiter."
Player of;

Return to “Sinya Palurin”