A game of risk

The homeland of the humans and location of the Telerfret city Ingolé, the Larkant city of Mahtar, the Everni city of Nandine and the ruins of the capital city of Sanga

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Stevie

Re: A game of risk

Postby Stevie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:58 pm

"The more who play the more the dealer loses out? Are you sure?"

**Damn stands up, intoxicated to that odd point where you've either become a genius or you're drunk enough to believe you've become a genius. Tonight, as with most of these nights Damn couldn't be sure. What he could be sure of though, in his mind at least, is that he was right. And people were going to know how right he was.**

"So you've got your 6 sided die and 6 tiles. If one person plays there's a 1/6 chance of them winning, and a 5/6 chance that you win. Say they bet a rava, and if they win they get another one back. Now! If 6 people play you will always pay out, because one of them is bound to choose the right symbol, unless your game is even more crooked than I first imagined. All those 6 people pay in 1 rava, which is 6 in total but you only give them back 2 if they win. So you pocket 4, every time. There's no risk! There's no justice! There's no... no... Wait! I have no drink.

**Damn stumbled towards the bar, brandishing his empty glass. Being right has ceased to become his number one concern, now he just needed to be drunk.**

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:37 pm

A man drinking nearby looks over.

"Traditionally you roll three dice and bet on one or more symbols. The banker then pays out based on how many of each symbol are showing. You put a rava on the anchor and he pays you a rava for each anchor showing. You put two rava on clubs and two on spades and he pays you two rava for every spade or club showing. If you win anything then you get your stake back."

The man shrugs

"There are 216 different rolls. You double your money on 75 of the rolls, get 2 to 1 on 15 of the rolls and 3 to 1 on one of the rolls. However, you lose on the other 125. On average the banker should make 17 rava for every 216 games played, that's his reward for his risk."

John
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:25 pm

Singe brightens immediately. "Let's play that game!"

She leans across the table and points at Damn, mouth still half full of pastry. "I bet you a drink that I win money before you win money."

Turning back to Jack, she continues happily, "And you can tell me what you want from my Lady and what you're going to do for her while we play."
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:27 am

"Consider me in little firebug, I'd shake on it but you look hot...erm...I mean warm...uh, I guess fiery works. How about you? **Nodding over to John** Damns the name."

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Jack calls to the bar keep
A round of drinks on my tab if you please!
He pulls out 2 more dice placing them on the table
The name's Jack, friends; the best charm crafter the world has ever seen
He points to the stack of papers
That's a list of my work there and I'll beat any quote from the crafting Cult of Eremine. Also I back all my work with a 100% success guarantee

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:36 pm

He raises his glass to Damn "Jonathan Bastard-Sword" he pronounces the 'w' very deliberated swore-d.

"The best charms crafter the world has ever seen? An intriguing claim."

John

Tome of Magic 6.0

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:53 am

A moderately attractive bar maid comes with drinks, passes them out and promptly leaves.
Interesting but true
Jack takes a swig from the overly large tankard
Can I interest you in any charms ?

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:03 am

John takes a drink

"Sharms? Yes...why not. Touch of Death, once per day. Easy enough?"

John

Tome of Magic 6.0

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:37 pm

Jack smiles
As I said I'm the greatest charm crafter this world has seen . I CAN make anything.
Jack takes a swig of ale
Whether I WILL is a different question.
Yes I can make this item, but might I remind you that the item you want is highly illegal. The repercussions I would face for making one are unthinkable. If the price was right I'd think about it, but we are looking four figures.
A one-use-ever I'd consider at a more reasonable price, but need I remind you: This is greatly illegal.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:47 pm

The man laughs, slightly drunkenly.

"Single use? I wouldn't get very far making swore-ds that broke after a stringle sike!"

"What about sheet death?"

John

Tome of Magic 6.0

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Jack smiles
Once again you ask me to craft a item that is very much ilgal in our parts
He seams to be doing calculations drukenly in his head
I suppose although the risk involved in dancing that side of the law is grate I suppose I can let you have it for... 575 rava... That sound ok to you ??

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:00 pm

"Ill-eagle? Was ill about it? Don't want to break the law."

He stifles a hiccup.

"Don't have that sorta money anyway. Biz...busy...work's been slow. Not like the old days, me an Jack Kerniffee, Maxwell Powur, Robert Boe, Simon Sticky, Thomas Brown and Albert A'Row. First crafting cop-rat-iff, designing and perfecting the first weapons. Now every horseshoe maker is churning out swore-ds, no one makes anything new."

JBS

Tome of Magic 6.0

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:19 am

Jack smiles
Well whots your budget frend Im shore I can plase something in your price range
Or shall we chat less buissness and more crown and ancore

Jack winks at the bar maid
Maiden keep my frends drinks full and bless our table with a selection of pies ... On my tab
As the bar maid brings yet more drink and pie to the table jack terns to the bar man who greeted him when he arrived
Might we intrest you in joining us?
He terns to Damns
Might I intrest you in talk of charms. Anything take your fancy?? Or whold you rather we get down to brass tax and start playing?
Finally he terns to singe
I hope your lord is pleas as I hope you are

rachel

Postby rachel » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:04 am

Singe has been testing the dice to make sure they aren't weighted. She is obviously known by the barstaff, and the barmaid brings over a clear drink without the efreet having to say what she wants. She puts it down carefully, wrinkling her nose a bit at the smell.

"Now you be careful with that. Don't go upsetting it like last week; it's dangerous."

Singe beams, pulling the drink towards her eagerly. "Are you going to play too?"

"I'd love to darling, but it's too busy tonight. And I don't get paid for another three days anyway." The woman pulls a face and heads back to the bar.

Distracted by Jack's question, Singe turns her attention to him. "Maybe we should bet charms as well as rava," she suggests brightly. "That will be more interesting. Especially illegal ones."

Picking up a pie, she breaks a piece of crust off and dips it in her cup. For a few seconds it is suddenly wreathed in flame until it disappears into her mouth. She continues talking to Jack. "Why do you want my Lady to be pleased with you?"
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:54 am

Jack smiles
Let's keep to rava for now. Maybe I can give a small charm to whoever loses the most money today sort of a losers gift and I donot wish to pleas her I wish to get her attention
Jack stratens out the game mat and places the dice infront of singe
One rava a time place your bets now

Return to “Sinya Palurin”