At The Table of Gods

The homeland of the humans and location of the Telerfret city Ingolé, the Larkant city of Mahtar, the Everni city of Nandine and the ruins of the capital city of Sanga

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Dellam

At The Table of Gods

Postby Dellam » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:27 pm

In a chamber beneath the courtyard of his fortress, Dellam knelt before the shrine to Mamazumo with head bowed and wings neatly folded up against his back. Lit only by the flicker of torches upon the walls and with calmness and serenity around him, he looked into a small bowl which contained blood cut from his own hand. He took a deep breath, focusing himself and then closed his eyes. As he had done before when need had dictated, he detached the part of himself that was of the angelic nature and sent it winging out to the side of the Mother where she sat in her place at the long table where the gods met. He maybe could have gone talking to Spiter directly but this seemed like a better way to be introduced than simply butting in through prayer, given he was the avatar of another god and all. At the table, uncaring for the eyes of the other gods, he bent down and kissed the shoulder of the Mother, at least making her aware of his presence though doubtless she knew that anyway and then he turned and 'walked' such as the illusion was, down the way to where the new chair sat filled with the feminine figure of Spiter. Now...just how did you talk to a new god anyway...

"I greet you in the Blood Mothers name, Lady Spiter...if you have a moment, I would like to talk to you if I may?", he asked, folding hands neatly behind his back. he wasn't entirely sure how much the new Goddess knew of him or the like, but now was as good a time as any to find out.
Player of;
Vynrael, the Hound of Asternia
Jaguar, High priest of the Party
Ekrit, Nomad Magic Weapon maker of Yashmanar
Thromlui, Psychomancer, Nightmare made manifest

Plot Bot

Re: At The Table of Gods

Postby Plot Bot » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:28 pm

Spyter smiled, her dark eyes taking in the angel. She was beautiful, he could see a resemblance to Asternia and Larweyella as well as to other gods including his own.

"Angel of Blood, you are welcome."

Spyter

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:10 am

Dellam shouldnt have been surprised but he was a little taken aback not just by the resemblance but with the appearance of the Spyter. He knew gods could appear as they wished and of coursethe Mother was beautiful but well...this was something else.

"Thankyou Lady Spyter...your indulgence is appreciated though I come here mostly for my more mortal concerns. As a General and tactician on Velmaneth I require your aid in the conflict that looms once more against the Souless. I wish to add your strength to that of the Mother at my fortifications."
Player of;

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:20 am

The lady's smile remains as they speaks calmly. It was as if she was thinking several steps ahead, following all the possible routes this conversation...or indeed all the possible routes the world could take.

"As long as that which you do is planned in advance rather than done on the spur of the moment then my strength is already with you Tactician."

The final word was spoken with almost reverence in the tone a loyal follower might have said the word 'Haran'.

Spyter

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:47 am

"I do apways try to be prepared Lady Spyter for whatever I can be.", he offers with a a somewhat wry smile, then suddenly wondering if he was actually flirting with a Goddess. A confusing moment to be sure.

Clearing his throat then he straightened up a little, face returning more to thoughtful neutrality, "As the Goddess of we who plan, is there anything of what you might see of things to come that you might share that I could shore up my position?"
Player of;

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:29 am

Before her an old, extremely out of date map appears

"You seek to hold a border some 60 miles long. The Northernmost fort, Broniant, if I might use its original name, is 10 miles south of the coast. Tira, or Primarii, is 20 miles south of that and Dúliel 30 miles further still. You protect three forts because that is what has always been done, it is conventional wisdom which has failed in the past. Dúliel is the weak link, it does not protect Sinya Palurin, it is too far south and it spreads your line and your resources trying to protect it. The Souless' best tactic would be a feint: they attack Dúliel so that you send reinforcements from Tira and then they send their best forces at Broniant to break the line. They are no longer surrounded by your army, they are protected by the sea to the north and the majority of your forces are now 50 miles to the south. A 10 mile march over rough terrain fully loaded with weapons and armour is possible in 2 hours but 50 will take 2 days if you want to be able to do anything when you arrive."

She points to parts of the map as she continues to speak.

"I would pull out of Dúliel, ensuring that it is not left as a useful staging post for an attack. Restore one of the old forts at Pathway as a fallback position and from the mountains of the Heartlands begin the construction of a great wall, as great as Gungrol's Deliverance, from there to Tira to Broniant then onward to the coast and fortify a harbour there."

Spyter

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:01 pm

Dellam kicked himself a little as he listened, wishing he'd studied more of the forts history but that thought then pushed aside he absorbed and adapted with the new information as any good study should. Dellam was always a good bit sharper then he let on. Listening to Spyters plan he had to admit, it was brilliant and while her thoughts represented only one possible plan the Souless might use this defense seemed the best bet for his forces. It also made clear that given the layout of troops when the hammerblow came it was most likely to be on his lines.

"Your planning and reasoning is superb Lady Spyter, you've certainly gained a believer in me", he offers with a smile, "Thankyou for this...if you ever have need of me in return I am at your disposal."
Player of;

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:54 pm

Dellams eyes opened slowly in the real world as his spirit withdrew from the realm of faith, a slight shudder running through him and wings flexing a little as his muscles started going again. He realised he was cold, hungry and thirsty after all of that but he had to much to do now. He had a clear image in his mind of what he'd been told and what needed to be done...along with a few additional ideas that had formed to make for a more effective defense against undead incursion. He slowly lifted himself up, armour clanking and joints popping and then turned to make for the door of the shrine gathering his pair of guards behind him as he went with a gesture. As soon as he hit the top of the stairs he was bellowing for the presence of the attention of his aides while heading straight for his office. He had orders to put out, letters to send and alot to do and not all that much time to do it in and so he got to scribing these things right away, sending off orders and requests as each was written.
Player of;

Return to “Sinya Palurin”