The Blue Horn, A Tavern

The homeland of the humans and location of the Telerfret city Ingolé, the Larkant city of Mahtar, the Everni city of Nandine and the ruins of the capital city of Sanga

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Thom

Re: The Blue Horn, A Tavern

Postby Thom » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:19 pm

As Corrigan falls from the beam and into unconsciousness, he mutters

Of Course... Timing...

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:27 pm

Tenem, hearing the noise of the blow, marched into the room

"Jack! Everything alright?"
"Yes sir, tried to get a better view and fell" he said rubbing the back of his head with his reformed human arms and hands.
"ahh okay, well you be careful, I need you for this 'vestigation. You see where the ape went?"
"he left a few minutes ago, maybe went to see the dogs?"
"ah that makes sense, hey, you find ought in here?"
"not a bit sir. That's why i wanted a better look"
"ah, well let me know if you find anything"
"will do, one last sweep, then im gunna help the folk look elsewhere"
"sure"

Tenem walked out. Leaving just an ape and a wolf.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:33 pm

Jack waited a minute. Then hauled the unconscious ape over his shoulder and stole out into the night at an inhuman speed.

He raced towards the Lawbringers house.

Corrigan dreamt of yellow rope. Magical rope. Strong rope. Rope needed to hold something or someone. Rope a law ringer might use. Rope that was on the wall of the questioning office. Rope a man who literally moonlights as a wolf, might use, in vain, to restrain himself.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Thom

Postby Thom » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:02 pm

As he traveled on the back of the creature, Corrigan drifted in and out of consciousness, swimming in a dream. But he was still thinking.

Idiot. Werewolf. Star Tear. Idiot. Rope. Yellow Rope. Frenzy. Dogs, Idiot. Upstairs. Idiot. Werewolf; Illogical. Idiot. Dangerous. Illogical is Dangerous. Think. Frenzy. Don't fight. Idiot. Star Tear. No. Forget Star Tear. Why. What. Idiot. There. Wolf. Is. Werewolf. No. Frenzy. Time. Murder. Women. Two. Time. Idiot. Scrolls. Where. Where. House. Where. Store. Where. Find. Spells. Message. Meta. Nothing. Think. Find. Werewolf. The. Danger. Scrolls. Danger. House. Spell. Magic. Amateur. Idiot. Murder. Idiot. Survive.

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:29 pm

While fading in and out of consciousness Corrigan noticed, slung over the shoulder, the back of the wolf's calf. A bright white bite mark shone proudly with the moon. The infecting bite and the cause of the man's limp.

The wolf expecting no-one to be waiting bounded up the drive way, stopping 30 ft from Damn.

He dropped the ape in confusion, an snarled at the fey sniffing the air and sensing a challenge. The fall caused Corrigan to regain consciousness, though he remained groggy.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Thom

Postby Thom » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:41 pm

Corrigan rolled to make some distance between himself and the Werewolf.

New. Bollocks.

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:39 am

**A look of shock flashed briefly across Damns face, followed by a quick smile. Then a longer smile, and then almost a chuckle.**

(softly, to himself)"When things are bad, things are bad... blamed for things I have nothing to do with. However, when things are good.. things are very good and everything just falls into place."

**Damn shakes his head from side to side, tutting with an air of superiority before staring the beast in the eyes.**

"Well, well, well ... I guess I should say welcome, to the long list of people who have been outsmarted, outmanoeuvred and out-knifed by Damn. Bet you thought you could get away with it, your little schemes, and you might just well have done except for one simple mistake. You tried to put the blame on me."

**Damn stands, pulling his cloak off to fall at his sides and drawing his daggers**

ASSASSINS EYE

"So... let's dance."

**Damn crouches low, stalking slowly towards the beast**

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:28 pm

**As Damn moved forward the beast didn't hesitate, sensing danger it charged kicking up mud and gravel as it sped towards Damn. The sheer speed caught Damn off guard and he dived awkwardly to the right, narrowly (and some might say supremely) dodging a clawed arm intent on disembowelling.**

**Damn rolled, scrambling to his feet as the creature started to wheel around for another charge**

"Fuck, he's fast."

**Damn started moving backwards, gaining a little distance as he shouted**

"Powers of life and light, I command you to strike down this beast with a Holy Smite" **HOLY SMITE**

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:39 pm

The creature roared as it's chest went rent apart by light, the wounds quickly healed however.

It lurched forward once more, giant claws raking towards Damn's skin, bloodlust clear in yellow feral eyes.

The more Corrigan and Damn thought about it the more sense it made. Jack had been limping, probably from a wolf bite that refused to heal. When the mob had arrived Jack had disappeared, only to reappear at the crime scene later. He was away from sight during the entire murder. He also had a lot to gain from showing his boss to be incompetent.

Sadly none of these realisations were helping at this exact moment.

The creature roared, "Strength! I feel strength! I am young again! I am powerful! and you... Fey... you are Deceptive".

The wolf jumped. Its teeth flashed.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:15 pm

**Damn raised a palm towards the beast, willing the power inside him to coalesce into something useful.**

"REPULSE!"

**The sheer size and strength of the beast mid jump meant that the magic had little effect on him, other than turning the creature mid-air slightly so that his trajectory was off. The trajectory was still good enough however as he crashed into Damn, emitting several loud cracks that were almost certainly one or two of Damns ribs. The impact sent them both sprawling a few feet apart, the beast making it onto his feet much faster than Damn. Damn came to his feet just as a clawed arm slashed at his leg ripping through clothing and skin, emitting a wince of pain Damn dropped down onto one leg slashing wildly out at the creature. A lucky hit slashed the creatures shoulder, causing it to back off momentarily from the flailing Fey.**

**Seeing Damn fairly immobile on the ground the beast started to move around behind it's prey. Damn shuffled as best he could to meet his movements. Sheathing one dagger and grabbing a sizeable rock in his hand Damn prepared for the beasts charge.**

"Powers of Meta, I ask your preparedness. Hold this form for a time longer, until I require you to become sand... hold...hold...hold..." **ALCHEMY**

**Damn started to shift his weight onto his good leg, preparing for the charge. As the charge came he threw the rock towards to creatures face "RELEASE" which quickly turned to sand in the air, diving to his left at the same time. Momentarily blinding the creature Damn hopped a distance away, chanting a few healing spells as his leg healed and ribs popped back into place** HEAL 3, HEAL 3

**The creature roared in it's momentary blindness before adjusting, the distance between it and Damn now around 20ft. Damn panted in the starlight, holding both daggers defensively and waiting**

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:36 pm

The creature was breathing heavily, and even bleeding in its shoulder. Still a powerful beast such as he would not be easy to put down.

Far off in the distance of the house a quiet yelp could be heard, maybe a creaking door, maybe a frightened child...

The beast was wary now, it had been bloodied and recognised its opponent as one worth beating. It went onto all fours and dig it's claws into the ground scooping up two large clumps of rock and dirt before launching them at it's foe, one missed completely, the other headed for Damn's chest. Fortunately the fey was quick enough to dodge the blow, but tripped on the uneven ground.

Sensing an advantage the beast raced forwards, saliva dripping from its fangs.

At the same moment a cloud moved to block out Lemrethal, who had been keenly watching up until now.

The beast became man before he could reach Damn. Jack retreated a few steps before the cloud passed and the fight was back on.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:02 pm

**Thoughts raced through Damns head as he watched the startling change**

"Hmm.. not Alan.. I mean, of course.. knew it wasn't him all along. Argh.. focus you idiot, can't fight it like this, can't block out the moon. Gotta keep it still, take it out another way"

**Damn stamped a foot down on the ground, pausing to get purchase.**

"I invoke the power of earth, rise up and claim this one. Bring him to his knees and he will know your power." **QUICKSAND**

**Damns face shows uncertainty**

"I really hope that holds him for a bit."

**Rubbing his hands together, dark bronze colours swirl over his hands faintly**

"Death come forth, hear my need. Tear asunder soul from flesh, fear my power, know you death." **DESPAIR 3**

((If the quicksand is holding, I'll rattle off a few more despairs. If not, well.. I'll soon find out and respond))

Thom

Postby Thom » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:22 pm

Corrigan eventually steadies himself and stands. He sees the majority of the fight between Damn and the Wolf.

Dammit

He turns towards the house and runs inside, looking for weapons and, if he can find them, the Lawbringer's scrolls.

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:26 pm

The beast is not deterred by the sand, forcing it's way through the spell with ease in a persistent manner. The death spell hits and compacts the creatures pain and injuries but it's not enough to take the creature down. Damn knows this beast can fight until it is destroyed, as most werewolves can.

He had two options, attrition with a high risk of personal demise, or hoping for another weather intervention and killing Jack while he was vulnerable.

He supposed, actually, there could be a third option. Wait out the night in safety and return in the morning, how Corrigan would fare however...

-------------------------------------------------------
Corrigan speeds through the house, down in the cellar another scroll of paralysis can be found, though little use it will be against the creature if it can persist through.

Of course there are a variety of weapons, swords, crossbows, even a mace. No star tear though.

While searching he hears the roar of the fight outside but also a persistent yelping and scratching from one of the rooms upstairs. The door to said room is locked.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Thom

Postby Thom » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:29 pm

He pauses momentarily at the door, but then mutters Not now...

He grabs a variety of weapons, including the mace, all suitable to be held in one hand, and the scroll, before dashing outside.

Return to “Sinya Palurin”