Lenamo's Funeral

The homeland of the humans and location of the Telerfret city Ingolé, the Larkant city of Mahtar, the Everni city of Nandine and the ruins of the capital city of Sanga

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Edd

Lenamo's Funeral

Postby Edd » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:42 pm

Doki, Maximus and Aetheldred leave the tavern, holding the head of Lenamo. As they do so, Doki nods his head in thanks to Aetheldred for accompanying them, and he bows slightly in apology at Maxiums' outburst. Once the young celebrant is stunned into silence from the underdweller's stare, Doki clasps him on the shoulder.

"Peace Maximus. Lenamo was the God of life, he created all of us. Anyone living would be welcome, though I think it best that we three are the only ones who witness it...we don't want to induce panic."

The three of them find an empty area near one of the temples - there were many new 'pop-up' graveyards with so many dying recently. Doki sends Maximus to collect some wood and tinder for the pyre.

Once collected he places the head reverently amongst the wood and with a flick of his hand, the pyre and head take flame.

"In this form you died. By our hands. This body has been shattered, and will not be left to abuse from the Soulless. We lay this form to rest, so that when we forge you a new form, you will be stronger than ever."

He looks to the others, and gestures to them to speak, if they wish to do so.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Rebecca

Re: Lenamo's Funeral

Postby Rebecca » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:17 pm

Aetheldred gazes into the flames, her face unreadable.

“Your kingdom is Life, and I am of it: I mourn your passing as is right. Now we prepare for war, but let it never be doubted that this world remains the rightful dwelling place of your divine substance.”

In an odd gesture that appears to be some form of Underdweller funeral rite, she then places each hand before her two natural eyes.

“The outer eyes are sealed, but the inner pierces the world-soul.”
Uukumanu - ranger and spirit seeker
Tuvstarr - Black Queen of Pharon Glos
Imliss - High Elven researcher in Blood Magic
Aetheldred - Sorcerer and psychomancer, daughter of the Völva of the Blood of Alfhild

xochiquetzal

Re: Lenamo's Funeral

Postby xochiquetzal » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:25 am

You only ever appeared to me once before; in spirit but not in body. That was the night my father died, and my life changed forever. You appeared to console a young boy, who had nothing left in his world. You guided him in your way, and told him to leave what was left of his tribe, and to seek out the rest of Velmaneth. You told him to be a healer, and to help those in need, so that they wouldn't befall the same fate that he did. And then you left, giving him one last gift. The gift of life. And then he left his tribe, and went to seek out the rest of Velmaneth. When you appeared before us, I don't know how, but I knew that it was you. You had never appeared to me in physical form, but I knew it was you. But I couldn't tell the others in time. And now you're gone...

Maximus looks down, and whispers

Forgive me Lord, for I have failed you.
Maximus - Jehovern Celebrant
Toshak - Light Elf Bard

Return to “Sinya Palurin”