After Dinner

The homeland of the humans and location of the Telerfret city Ingolé, the Larkant city of Mahtar, the Everni city of Nandine and the ruins of the capital city of Sanga

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Luke

After Dinner

Postby Luke » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Ishan awoke still feeling exhausted. The discussions had continued late into the night, and were well worth it. He wanted more. More discussion, more knowledge.

Who was Percival? Who was Harna? He wracked his brain for an answer, somewhere to begin looking. He supposed Harwood's vault would be a good start, he would go there this afternoon and try to find their birthing records, trace their life through history.

First he needed to find Doki... and Heptab.

He walked around the local houses looking for the Sword, calling his name and waiting an answer...
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

rachel

Re: After Dinner

Postby rachel » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:28 pm

From a nearby street there is a short surge of meta magic, though most people who can sense it are too accustomed to a constant use of meta spells to pay much attention. A woman dressed in the typical dusty-red armour of a desert warrior staggers around the corner of a building, almost colliding with Ishan as she does so. She stops in surprise, fatigue plain in her face. Then she starts to laugh, in the slightly uncontrollable manner of someone who hasn't slept for a very long time.

"Cousin! I have found you."

On a closer look, her clothes and armour are covered in blood. Enough that a few of the more sheltered inhabitants of the town are beginning to stare.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:07 am

Hebtab recognizing Ishan's voice calling out goes looking for him, turning down the street towards teh feeling of Meta and the calling voice. He smiles upon seeing Ishan and walks towards the pair waving.

"Hello, I'm Hebtab" he says introducing himself to the Lady.

"I'm not sure where Doki is right now but I don't think he is very far away" he lets Ishan know
Kirill Everni Archer from Saga 2012
Hebtab Telefret Arch Celebrant
"Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought"

Luke

Postby Luke » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:22 am

Ishan stared wide eyed at Safina, completely ignoring Heptab.

I...I...I...you...you...what?! he stammered, waiting for his brain to catch up with his eyes.

He shook his head for a moment and then collected himself.

Sorry. I was startled... where are my manners?

He spat on the floor at Safina's feet, then took off his jewelled ring, and held it out as an offer.

I forget the right words to say... Cousins of the dunes... I think it begins with that. his face began to flush with embarrassment, and then his tongue held full rebellion.

We met once, at the Gathering of Kor, you wouldn't remember. I was five years old, you were older, even then they said you'd... I heard about how you ended the mists, everyone did, our elders said you were a fit for Calipha... Then he remembered something...

I... I am sorry about Memhet.
He swallowed. Then looked at her blood stained armour.

Your tribe too? Mine... mine was hit... I fled.
He bowed his head in shame.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:29 pm

There is a moment when Safina stares at Ishan, exhaustion slowing her wits. Then the puzzlement fades and she smiles. Leaning her shield against a wall, she straightens herself and also spits at her kin's feet.

"Cousin of the dunes. Son of the first woman. My blood is your blood."

She accepts his ring and kisses it. "What you have, I have." Passing it back, she takes a short dagger out of her belt and carefully offers it to him, hilt first. "And what I have, you have."

Formalities over, she waits for Ishan to repeat her words and return the dagger. "I would share my water with you, but I have none. My tribe could not spare any. The Soulless are constantly attacking us, and though we have caves to shelter in, our supplies won't last forever." Noticing Ishan's guilt, her tone of voice lightens. "But we are still strong and fighting. Two of your brothers and one of your sisters escaped the attack on your tribe and have joined us. I do not know their names; they are badly injured; but my husband himself cares for them and if he cannot heal them then no one can."

She pauses, then speaks softly. "Do not feel ashamed about running from the Soulless. It is a woman's role to fight for her tribe, not a man's. You are needed here I think. I am sorry I do not remember you from the Gathering, but I do not remember anything from before the mists. Usually my brother Ishmael remembers for me." At the mention of Ishmael she becomes more animated. "Our tribes have met since the Gathering though- at the celebrations after the end of the Glooms. Perhaps you have forgotten; there was a lot of drinking." She grins, teasing. "Your sisters challenged mine to a wrestling match. They talked a lot about something clever you had done with magic, but it had gone wrong I think."

She turns to Hebtab. "I am Safina Kor, a cousin of Ishan. It is good to meet you."

Leaning back against the wall to rest, she continues, mostly to Ishan. "Do not feel sorry about Memhet. I miss him like I miss the rain, but he is at peace in the Dreaming Mists now, and that brings me joy."
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:36 am

Ishan seems to visibly cheer up at Safina's words, it was good to have someone, anyone, familiar at times like these.

Talking to both Heptab and Safina.
Hello Heptab, sorry I was startled.
I have a plan, to get back healing. I want to ask Doki to pass the healing node, connection, power from Lenamo to Hope. Only for a short while, sort of lending it until Lenamo is restored fully. It will need to be ritually done, both magically and physically. I would like both you and Doki to be arbiters. Does this sound acceptable?
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:41 pm

Doki comes out of a nearby side street. He looks like he hasn't slept that night. Upon seeing the group, he inclines his head to each of them, and erupts in a smile when he sees Safina.

"It is a pleasure to see you, Safina, I hope you are well...or as well as anyone can be in these times. I hope Ishmael is also well?"
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:45 pm

Just the man!

Doki...

ishan explained his plan, just as he had done to Heptab.

He smiled a hopeful smile.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:54 pm

Doki looks disturbed at Ishan's plan.

"I don't like the idea...but at the same time, I cannot think of a better one. You are correct in that rescuing Lenamo from the vault now would be risky and difficult. Then again, Quaos may allow us entry, as it is his realm. If we cannot get Lenamo out, then this is a suitable compromise, for the moment at least."
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:08 pm

The best way I think is to leave the contract in your hands, then if at any point you want the power returned, you can just tear it up. You can be in complete control.

Ishan thought for a while.

Quaos will demand a price... I think. I don't know if we can afford to pay any price at this moment. Let us see what everyone thinks!

Then Ishan smiled.

As always I have another ritual idea to run by you, it involved light and fire... I thought you might relate a little. I can open the circles and provide the power and foci, but I need you to cast the heat metal spell?

He grinned.

Friends! Half this battle is going to be staying positive. Let's get to it!
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:31 pm

Safina smiles politely as Doki speaks to her, but her mind is racing. Who is this man who knows her and her brother? She must have met him before, but his questions give her no clue as to when. For a sickening moment she feels disorientated and lost in this strange cold city where even her cousin does not know her well enough to help. But then Ishan quickly describes his plan and she has time to think.

Doki. The name felt familiar. Usually everything before the mists just felt like a dark, blank nothing, but this name triggered feelings. Fear. Respect. Confusion. A voice in her head...

Suddenly she lets out a cry.

"Doki! You have a body! But you are a sword." She frowns, puzzled. "Were a sword."
Characters:

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:08 am

Hebtab listens carefully to the plan.

"I'm happy to help in the plan as long as Doki is...I suppose not happy but..um as long as you agree I suppose." He says looking at Doki

"I can't think of a better way to allow healing back into the world and Hope would want to help bring that power back to help gives a chance and we'll hope"
Kirill Everni Archer from Saga 2012
Hebtab Telefret Arch Celebrant
"Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought"

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:39 am

"Is this a plan we are going to do now?" asks Safina. "Because everyone here looks exhausted. Should we not sleep while nothing is attacking so that we have all our power for the ritual? Do we need anything to prepare for it?"
Characters:

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:02 am

Sleep... definitely. I think I have the materials for the ritual, it's mostly just symbolic, either Hope will accept the power or she won't. The ritual really is just so we can converse with her, we need enough power to be heard.

Ishan looked at Safina's armour.

Should I clean that for you? I can repair it also, though I should say, I am not the best attendant.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:06 pm

Safina laughs. "You cannot be as bad as Ishmael. He could not even fasten my vambrace when he last tried to help." She inspects her armour critically. "It needs cleaning, but do not waste the water if you have very little. Sand would be better. Some of it is broken too I think..." She fiddles with the chest plate, wincing slightly as she does so.

Looking up to study her cousin's face, she adds, "It is not important for you to do if you are very tired. I would mend it myself but I cannot until I sleep. Do you have a place where we can rest or should I find us somewhere?"
Characters:

Return to “Sinya Palurin”