Mirilya Woodlands

The homeland of the humans and location of the Telerfret city Ingolé, the Larkant city of Mahtar, the Everni city of Nandine and the ruins of the capital city of Sanga

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Erynion

Mirilya Woodlands

Postby Erynion » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:54 pm

It had been several days since Chase and the group of heros had beaten the Quarin and restored peace and balance to the world.

The beastkins had brought all of Chase's belongings to the woodland and his camp was all set up just how he wanted it. Leonidess had given Chase a place to live by the river so he could fish and all the woods to hunt in.

Chase had been fishing for a few hours and caught a fish when he decided to meet with the king of the Beastkin. Chase set off to where the temple to Raime was being built. As he got close to the site he could see Leonidess and Gron talking, and in the bushes he could see a feline checking the surroundings.

As Chase had taken the form of a Tiger beastkin he felt it a good time to approach the feline he knew to be Haze and indroduce himself as the Protector of the Woodlands.
Erynion - Possessed wood elf - Dead again
Quinn - The jester - Dead
Anthony Landon - How much you paying?
Chase - The hunter - only nice character I seem to have :)

rachel

Re: Mirilya Woodlands

Postby rachel » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:07 pm

High in the branches of a young oak tree, Haze tasted the air for scents. Word had reached her that the Souless armies had been defeated, but she was not so naive to believe her territory was completely safe from any rogue undead that might not yet be slaughtered. It was better not to celebrate too early. As she sniffed, a stranger's scent drifted across the smell of bark and leaves and rain. Human, but not.

She scanned the treeline and then looked below. Spying Chase, she dropped onto a lower branch to watch him for a moment, before jumping to the forest floor. She stepped forward to greet him by sniffing his clothes, reserved but not afraid.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:04 pm

Chase stood tall and proud in the woodlands he had sworn to protect as the feline sniffed him and the air around him. He was glad he wasnt full feline beastkin as there would be some confrontation with Haze, but she seemed calm which was a good sign. Chase's long tail swept the forest floor as he waited for Haze to finish examining him.

Its a pleasure to meet you, I'm sure Leonidess has told you all everything that has happened over the last few weeks and, well, what my relationship to the beastkin is.

Chase watched Haze carefully, unsure how she would respond to having someone else as protector of the woodlands as well as her.

rachel

Postby rachel » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:30 pm

At the mention of Leonidess, Haze's face darkens.

"Yes. She also offered you things she had no right to give you. This is my territory, won by me, and only I decides who hunts here. You may stay here if you want, and hunt here if you want, but you must never forget that."

She pauses, studying him hard. "Leonidess cannot give you the honour of protecting these woods either. Who is your Alpha? Do you worship a god?"
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Chase was taken aback by Haze's aggressiveness but kept his face straight as to not show it.

Leonidess is King of the beastkin and he has the power to give out any title he deems fit, and I have sworn to protect these woodlands with or without you, but the contract that was drawn up means together we need to decide the punishment for anyone abusing these woodlands or pillaging from them. Now I think we would work better as a team but that is your decision. As for my god, I am an angel of Raime and in his eyes I have found my place in the world

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:15 pm

"Leonidess may be the chosen alpha of many beastkin. He may give you the title of protecting these beastkin if he wishes. But he can no more grant you the honour of protecting these woodlands than he can make me an angel of Raime. He is a feline, not a god."

Haze holds Chase's gaze, searching for human words to force him to understand. "These woods are my territory, and will remain so until I die. When you build a house, you do not expect another human to walk into it and tell you you have their permission to sleep there. Leonidess should never have agreed that me and you will decide on punishments together without my consent. He is not my alpha and does not command me. But I respect him, and if the Spirit of the Forest favours you then I will agree that you are Protector of these woods and my equal."

It has been a long speech for the feline. She stretches slightly, looks Chase up and down, then turns to move deeper into the trees.

"If you wish to speak to the god who lives here you will have to follow me."
Characters:

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:11 am

I do not mean to threaten your territory, but help protect it. Raime looks after the beastkin and they live in harmony with the woods and I will welcome the chance to meet the God that lives here.

Chase followed Haze further into the woods, intrigued and hopeful that he would be accepted by her as her equal.

Chase was glad he had taken the form of a tiger as from what he had seen Haze didnt like to use the ground too often.

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:15 am

As they climb between the dense trees Chase starts to feel more and more that he is being watched. He can hear rustling from the foliage around him, but when he looks around there is no sign of any other creatures besides himself and the feline. Haze sniffs the air several times, but otherwise seems unconcerned by the noise. She leads him back down to the forest floor where the trees have suddenly started to thin out again. Dappled sunlight shines through the leaves of a narrow strip of wood that could almost be described as a clearing, except that instead of being a patch of land, it stretches onwards through the forest for as far as Chase can see, separating one part of the wood from the rest. In the middle of the clearing large rocks have been placed, some as big as Haze herself, all part of a huge line circling this area of trees. Although Chase can easily walk between them, it is clear this is some sort of boundary.

Haze stops just outside the line of stones. "This is the territory of the Great Spirit of the Forest. You may not hunt or live here or enter here without a reason. If he is angry by your desire to be a Protector of these woods he will let you know."

She unties a white half-face mask from her belt and puts it on. While she is doing so, Chase notices some squirrel beast-kin watching from the trees opposite them. Two of them are obviously nervous, but one has more confidence, and crouches on a lower branch.
Characters:

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:34 pm

Chase looked at the Squirrel beastkin and nodded his head in acknowledgment and respect, for these are some of people he has sworn to protect. Chase took a long, deep breath in and made his way throught the rocks, his tail brushing against them as he went.

Lets go, Raime will look over me in all I do, the beastkin see it and know I am worthy.
Has this god see whats happened in the world? How we defeated Leithir?

Chase looked at the other feline through his yellow cat eyes realising just how much bigger he was than her.

rachel

Postby rachel » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:31 pm

As Chase crosses the boundary, the most confident squirrel-kin leaps onto a rock, and then jumps to the ground next to Haze. She stand patiently while he whispers in her ear, her face neutral. Then she nods and answers.

"I am busy now. I will speak with you later."

Seemingly content with this reply, the squirrel-kin bounds up a tree on the opposite site to where Chase and Haze are heading and into the forest, his companions quickly following.

Without a backwards glance, Haze stalks past the rocks to meet Chase on the other side.

"The Great Spirit is very powerful, but he does not know everything. I keep him informed about the undead, but I did not defeat Leithir, so I could not tell him how that happened. He may be pleased if you tell him about your deeds. You will have to ask him." She pauses. "He may not talk to you. But he will let you know if he is angry."

They start to walk through the trees, birdsong clearly ringing from the lush branches that reach high into the sky. The floor is covered in flowers, every colour Chase can imagine, and insects hum past him to visit them. Even the plants are bigger and stronger than those in the rest of the woodlands, and many have been decorated with beads and shells and ribbons. Everywhere around him he can see and smell life.
Characters:

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:28 pm

This place is beautiful, the world is different here, its not got the same feel. There is no danger here, no threat of predators or hunters, is it much further? I'm intregued to meet the host of such a unique place.

As they moved on through the forest the plants and flowers seemed to brighten and grow taller, Chase saw rabbits double the size he normally hunted for.

What did the Squirrel beastkin say to you?

rachel

Postby rachel » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:10 pm

The feline looked amused. "If he had wanted you to know what he was saying, he would not have whispered." she pointed out casually. "Perhaps he will tell you later."

The pair pressed on, deeper through the ferns and thicket, and slowly the vibrancy and life that was all around them grew brighter, until it was almost overwhelming.

Haze stopped abruptly, and began to pad back and forth, obviously looking for something. Chase glanced around, hoping to see what it was, but saw only green leaves and soft earth. He turned back to Haze.

‘Haze, wha…’ She was gone. Chase was alone.

All around him echoed a powerful stillness, quiet and deafening. The forest was so dense here, so dark - peering beyond the trees to his left and right he could see only black. And yet…. Chase’s huntsman senses prickled into action, the tiniest breeze on the back of his neck, the taste of a scent on that breeze. There was someone, something else here. Not Haze, something older - something primeval.

Instinctively, Chase began to reach for his bow, realising the mistake only just too late. As soon as he moved, gnarled roots and thorny vines shot from the earth and undergrowth, wrapping themselves around his extremities, digging into his flesh and holding him fast.

‘Oh, that will serve you very little here, Shifter.’

The voice seemed both a whisper and a deep resonant hum from within. It was a small child, naive and excitable, it was a grandparent, patient and gentle, and it was the low, guttural snarl of a restless and savage beast. As he heard the words, Chase saw the seasons change through their cycle, and felt all of the weather and temperate sensation that comes with each, he felt the freedom of a deer bounding through meadow and forest alike, and the fear and panic of that same deer caught in a hunters trap. He felt the ebb and flow of life and death in the woods, the mastery over both and susceptibility to both. Chase’s keen feline ears could hear the gentle thud of paws on leaves and earth, and he fancied he could make out two large, beastlike eyes watching him from beyond the trees - sometimes here, sometimes there, unblinking.
Characters:

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Chase startled at first began to control his breathing and relax his body, he knew there was no point in panicking as it would only make the situation worse.

Forgive me, its instinct to load my bow when something doesn't seem right, what with the roaming undead. If you are as great as Haze believes, and i have no reason from what I feel not to trust her then you know i mean you and your woodlands no harm. In fact I only wish to serve as a protector of these woodlands, as i have promised the beastkin. I was their at the end of Luthir and helped stop him, and restore the balance to the world.
Chase smiled and bowed his head
Of course you already know that, and what happens in the world.

Chase was completely relaxed, he knew it was this creatures decision now, Chase offered a short prayer to Raime and waited for what ever was watching him to step forward.

Return to “Sinya Palurin”