The Exorcism

The homeland of the humans and location of the Telerfret city Ingolé, the Larkant city of Mahtar, the Everni city of Nandine and the ruins of the capital city of Sanga

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

xochiquetzal

The Exorcism

Postby xochiquetzal » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:27 pm

A flash of meta magic, and he has arrived. The unconscious form of Maximus lies on Heptab's desk, his clothing ripped and covered in mud and blood. There is a rolled up note stuck up his nostril, because apparently it was a good place to put it. When Heptab reads it, it says:

Dear Heptab
Maximus is possesed please fix him
from Vynrel and Whippet

P.S Hes bitey!
Maximus - Jehovern Celebrant
Toshak - Light Elf Bard

Ross

Re: The Exorcism

Postby Ross » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:50 am

Hebtab shakes his head a little at the new arrival and calls for some people to come and help move Maximus to a more secure location, after a small amount of meta magic a ritual circle is prepared, chains placed at one point, a lock at another and a Key, five candles placed and lite Maximus laid with his feet at the edge of the circle where the key was, a contingency teleport placed on Maximus so when he was no longer possessed by demons he would be moved out of the circle.

Hebtab walked the circle calling on Hope and the powers of life to infuse it to make the circle strong to hold any demon that should appear with in it trapped bound with in. Hebtab leant down the prison now ready and placed his hand on Maximus, the power of life flowed out from Hebtab driving out that which possessed his friend "By my will, by the power of the jewel, I call on my essence to drive out that which possesses this body, be driven forth demon, By the powers of life and the light of hope I push you out, return to whence you came and be gone, I exorcise you from this body" and with his spell cast he was poised ready to snatch up the key and trap anything that appeared hoping Maximus would be teleported clear of the circle once he was free of the demon.
Kirill Everni Archer from Saga 2012
Hebtab Telefret Arch Celebrant
"Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought"

xochiquetzal

Postby xochiquetzal » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:01 pm

(I don't know if a ref needs to do this bit, if so then I'll delete it.)

There was a large surge of death magic emanating form Maximus' body, but the life-based ritual circle was holding it inside. A dark mist formed over the young priest, and suddenly a small eruption of death and life forced its way out of him. As this happened, Maximus was instantly teleported away. The mist took form, and a demon appeared inside the circle, but it was dragged towards the trap. The words Pal-Ki-Ar could be heard coming from it, before it was dragged inside, and locked away.

Maximus was lying about 10 feet away, after the exorcism he had regained consciousness, and had seen it all. He began shaking, and then threw up. After wiping his mouth he looked at the ritual circle, then at Heptab. 'Hello there, Heptab. It's been too long. Sorry to meet under these bad circumstances... I suppose most of Pargon hate me now?'
Toshak - Light Elf Bard

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:45 am

Hebtab takes a deep breath and turns to Max.

"Hello Maximus, well that seems like a pretty big assumption. Why don't you explain what happened"

He goes and pulls up a chair

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:06 pm

The daemonic power ripped from Maximus' bloodied walking corpse collects into a small humanoid form, bound in Hebtab's shackles. Its face is pale and blistered and grins from ear to ear.

"That was quick... Oh. REMOVE THESE AT ONCE!"

xochiquetzal

Postby xochiquetzal » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:07 pm

Maximus is about to talk to Heptab, when he hears the demon talk. He whips around, and when he sees the demon he begins to noticeably shake with rage. 'That thing... it... I want to, I need to, it needs to die!'

With that, Maximus stands up, and staggers towards the ritual circle. He ignores any attempt made to stop him. 'Let the powers of life flow through me, and in doing so destroy this fiend that does not belong here!'

[Holy Smite]

Maximus tries to cast the spell, but just as it leaves his fingertips he screams in pain, and falls to the ground, bent over gasping. 'It... it hurts! I can't do it anymore! At least, not for a while, that's for certain.' Then he turns back to Heptab. 'We were looking for a ring, one of the Larkant tribe's heirlooms. The trail led us to Kara's Veil, which happened to have been taken over by a Hopeslayer. We needed to get the ring from him, but he was protected by an aura of death magic. I was the only one who could pass through it unharmed.

'The Hopeslayer said that he would give us the ring if we provided him with a fresh body. I tried to kill him - I did! But he was too strong. There was nothing anybody else could do to help me. The Hopeslayer, he... he killed me... an then he brought up a small vase, and that demon came out of it, and inhabited my body.

'I saw the Hopewastes laid out before me - I saw the darkest land that this life has to offer! And then my soul was wrenched back inside my mortal form. The Hopeslayer brought me back as a vampire. But, the deal had been made, and he had been supplied with a fresh body. We got the ring, and then Vynrael decided that I was no longer an asset, and sent me to you.'

Maximus bends his head in shame. 'Lenamo save me, I never even contemplated what I would do if brought back.'
Toshak - Light Elf Bard

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri May 01, 2015 11:52 pm

Ignores the thing in the shackles for the moment, only looking at it briefly to confirm that was bound and secure.

"Maximus why do you think that most of Pargon hates you? Is it because your undead? It doesn't sound like you did anything terrible more gave your life to try and help"

xochiquetzal

Postby xochiquetzal » Sat May 02, 2015 6:46 pm

The young priest looks up at Heptab. 'Yes, it's because I am now undead. Pargon has hardly had any good experiences with the undead. Maybe the Heroes will be able to look past it, but the common folk are never going to treat me like I'm still living. I know I would have trouble accepting an undead into my home.'

'Yes. it's true, I gave my life to try and help. It's the greatest thing a Hero can ever do. But what does that change?' Maximus looks at his hands, which now have much paler skin. 'Lenamo save me, what can I do?'

Then he looks back at Heptab. 'Is it okay if I stay here, in Ingolé, for a few days? I need time to think.'
Toshak - Light Elf Bard

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat May 02, 2015 10:31 pm

"Yes you can stay. Things have changed since we defeated the Quarin, Kan Slaar controls the power of Undeath and undead are only as evil as the soul with in the body, as long as you are still good of heart you can still do good. You could go to the Island of the Dead in the south, you would be welcomed there. Or you could try and Hunt Shifty down he has a stake that can return you to life, you need someone to use the stake on you to invest some of them selves to bring you back, it can be done."

Hebtab stands up and moves to try and get Maximus' eye contact.

"Don't let despair win, you have a chance to carry on and help the world. You have seen a god bring some one back from being undead as well. You know this need not be the end."

xochiquetzal

Postby xochiquetzal » Mon May 04, 2015 12:55 pm

Maximus looks up into Heptab's eyes. 'I guess Hope's light does shine through her followers, after all. Thank you, Heptab. For everything.'

He shakily stands up, and moves for the door. 'Trying to find Shifty won't exactly be easy. No... I may go south, to the island. But first, I need to see some friends.'

Maximus stayed in Ingolé for a few days, but after that he left. The journey was long, but now he was affected much less by fatigue and hunger.

Eventually, he arrived at the small hut south of Nandine that he had been looking for.
Toshak - Light Elf Bard

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Mon May 04, 2015 2:53 pm

"So, he survived... Good for him. Perhaps the Hopeslayer had more of a challenge than he expected... But that's immaterial. REMOVE THE BINDINGS AT ONCE!"

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue May 19, 2015 6:49 pm

Just after Max leaves still looking at the door mumbles to himself

"It's Hebtab, Heb b one day they'll" he chuckles to himself

He the truns to the captive in the ritual.

"I don't think you get to demand much, some of you never learn do you."

He walks around the ritual circle drawing power from thr Jewell through himself, calling on the powers of life to burn this abomination away to destroy and sunder.

Return to “Sinya Palurin”