Vow

To the North East, birthplace to the undead and home to their great Necropolices

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Luke

Vow

Postby Luke » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:04 pm

Get up you Swine! The large, thick set tavern owner aimed a kick at the heap on the ground which shuddered under the impact.
Gods you stink! You're worse than the regulars.

The crumpled heap slowly unwound himself, stretching his arms and legs out revealing the half filled bottle of wine in his left hand. It was evening and Farlen was having a rough day, much like all the days since Velmaneth went to the deeps.

Sod. Off. He was certain he sounded defiant and authoritative. In reality he slurred the 'S' and missed the 'F's.
He earned another kick from the tavern master.

Old Cop's cut his hand again. Get up and sort him out, I don't pay you to lie around in the dirt. He spat with the last word send a thick gobule of saliva hurtling onto Farlen's cheek, landing with a splat.

The Jehovern stood, very slowly, and dusted himself down as he swayed on the spot. He gripped the door for support and entered the tavern where his idiot patient was waiting.

You know what Copsie. Ise guns to cut your hand off one day and saves the trouble of sorting out you every night. Farlen paused with his eyes glanced upwards nervous for a moment and then continued. He looked at the Tavern owner who grimaced and set another bottle of wine on the counter. Swiftly taken up by the drunk healer with a ''Thankshoo vebby buch''.

He muttered a few words and a weak light flowed over his hands and onto Old Cobs, the skin instantly reknitted itself.

Yous a bloody waster with powers like that, we could take you on the road, like a travelling clinic, undead don't like your type, probably stay clear. the tavern owner had often expressed this idea of his. Farlen was not impressed.

What? Go about sorting folks out so they can go do stupid stuff like war and die to glooms, or undead, or ought? If I had a whore for everytime I've healed a moron I swear I'd open a brothel. He again looked up nervously, catching himself, then calmed.

The tavern keeper grew more irritated, circling the same argument they had several nights this week.
An you're so sodding clever are you? Drunk all suns and moons, paid in wine for what you... we could make a fortune from? Aint folks like you made some magic ritual or whatever, calling and that?

Clever enough not to bother with that martyr nonsense. All this ''I vow to keep my body pure'', '' I vow to never run away and die like a fool'' Farlen's blood was heating up and he didn't notice that his skin was ever so slightly luminescent, as if energy was collecting upon him, angled towards the light from outside the tavern doorway.

No wait I have it! "I vow to save Ingolé!" That one recieved gasps and angry stares. "I vow to piss on Erathil's grubby grave!" more gasps, and several cheers. The tavern was growing crowded as people from outside came to learn what all the shouting was about.

NO! THE BEST! "I SOLEMNLY VOW TO PROTECT ALL THE PEOPLES OF VELMANETH LIKE A GOOD CELEBRANT! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! He exploded in drunken, psychotic laughter.

Light exploded around him, paralysing his limbs and raising his head slightly upwards. A loud and demanding voice sounded.

ACCEPTED. FOLLOWER.

Shit.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Edd

Re: Vow

Postby Edd » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:40 pm

A 6 ft man bursts into the room, completely unaware of the spectacle that had just occurred. He holds a barrel under each arm, a long bastard sword and shield slung across his back, and another short sword at his hip. He grins at the room, the purple markings across his face becoming taught.

"I brought the barrels of ale you needed, Oswald."

The tavern master shakes his head, trying to come up with some logical explanation for what he just saw. He looks over at the new arrival, and frowns.

"Archie, you where meant to bring me seven barrels. That's two."

Archie frowns also, and looks from one barrel to the other...

"But...but...he said this was seven."

The inkeep sighs.

"Oi Farlen, go with Archie and get the other five barrels I'm owed..."
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:54 pm

Sod off horse face.
Turning to the giant,
Archie, drop the barrels, do what you just did and I'll tell you when stop. HIC.

The tavern keeper Oswald again grimaced and walked back behind his bar. Freaks of the deep. Sodding freaks of the sodding deep.

Farlen looked down at his clothes and sighed. He should probably rush out and start doing his new job. But new jobs were always hard work. He hadn't been able to hold one down since the day the glooms swarmed the planet. Oh and when his mentor turned out to be that old God. Life was weird. Wine was good.

He moved to slouch over the bar.

Religion tax! Give me your wine horse face or... or... oh sod it. I'ma goin to sleep.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:58 am

'Archie' instantly drops both barrels. He then picks them up again, and drops them. They start to crack and splinter, wine leaking from them. Before he can pick them up a second time, Oswald has scrambled over and drags them away from him.

"Is that seven yet?"

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:56 am

YES!
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:30 pm

**Roux looked up from his book with amusment. He hadn't really been paying attention to the action, but overhearing was enough to ascertain what was going on. A smile flashed across his lips as he settled down his book and took a sip from his whiskey tumbler.**

"Haha, you've got to admire him in a way, short-changing Chunk was a clever idea. Wish I would've thought of it last time I doled out our earnings!"

**He motions to Archie**

"Come on, I'll go with you to pick up the other 5 before Oswald kicks us all out. Better grab a cart though, I'm not going to be able to lift them like you can."

**Roux downs the last of his drink, wiping the excess liquid off his lips before standing and making for the door.**

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:39 am

Archie has already slumped down at a table.

"Nah, Oswald mentioned about seven, and I've already done that. He didn't say anything about five. Plus, I'm sat down now..."

He says that as if the matter is settled. He takes out a polishing cloth and whetstone, and sets about his various swords, honing and buffing them. He smiles to himself, just because he couldn't count didn't mean he was stupid - he knew that he didn't want to walk back to Chunk's brewery, so he would have happily kept on dropping the barrels until he'd got to seven...

Luke

Postby Luke » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:07 pm

So, what's the next job, Shitbeard? Farlen asked with ease.

You should be more polites to me, specially as I'm putting a roof over your 'ed and not stabbin you in your sleep an' all! Oswald was clearly getting agitated with the 'too comfortable' mercenaries.

Very kind of you... shitbeard.

Actually, I 'ave got a job for you, two women, both called Katy - sisters probably - want carrying their boyfriends body back to Varya or Gweria or summat. Fought Roux and Short sword over there could go as body guards like, fetch a pretty rava, gives ya quarter each.

Farlen sat up at the mention of Varya. Undead.
I'm going.

They don't need some poxy amby pamby healer does they?! Asides Cop'll lose 'is arm. You ain't goin. Can't afford ta pay ya.

I am going. I don't need a cut of the wages. I'll leave some bandages for Cop. HIC.

Then, turning to the others.

Anyone got a mace?
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:40 pm

"Use the other end of the bottle...or Roux's head?"

At the mention of work that may not involve just heavy lifting, Archie's eyes had lit up. He sheathed his sword and walks over to Farlen, slapping him across the back, making the Jehovren stumble slightly (though from the slap or the alcohol it wasn't quite clear...)

"If we're gonna be fighting, it'll be worth someone who can patch us up proper coming along." He looks over to Roux "No offence, but I still haven't forgiven you for putting the ignite spell and the heal spell next to each other in your spellbook...wait, how much is a quarter?"

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Not enough, is what it is. Varya is a long way, dangerous too. I bet they're paying much more than a quart for a man.

**Roux opened up his book, scrolling through pages with intricate runes of differing colours before settling on a page with a dark grey looking spiral.**

"Ah, now I remember, that's how it goes. I call forth the powers of meta magic at my disposal to answer me the simplest of questions. Grant me the knowledge that I seek, knowledge beyond my current understanding. Just how much are they paying per man?"

**KNOWLEDGE**

"Hmm..Turns out they are paying much more than that. Tell you what, we take 75%. Oswald, you can keep the rest as a finders fee and for what tabs are open."

"BOLLOCKS, 25%"

"60?" Roux suggested, pushing his luck slightly.

"You'll take 50, and you'll fetch me those barrels. NOW!"

**Roux smiled a big toothy grin**

"Done."

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:29 pm

Archie also grinned.

"Off you go then, Roux."

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:13 pm

"Really? I negotiate the pay, and you sideline me like this?"

**Roux sighs deeply. Sits himself down and flips through his tome, coming across a page with a spiked black rune. He looks up briefly, making sure to make eye contact with Archie**

"Well.. You could come with me now and help to fetch the barrels for the extra pay I negotiated on your behalf. Or, I could embarass you first and then make you follow me and do it anyway. Your choice."

**Roux casually relaxed, planting his elbow onto the table and using it as a head rest whilst tapping the table rythmically with the fingers on his other hand.**

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:46 pm

Archie grins even more.

"I'm going to come with, but only to stop you embarrassing yourself while trying to embarrass me."

He strides over to the door and opens it for his comrades.

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:57 pm

**Roux nodded his head in agreement. He seemed to almost chuckle to himself at the same time.**

"Good choice."

**Roux looked for a couple moments longer at the black spiked symbol in his book, turning the page to the accompanying notes, which were scrawled angrily in red. His face drained slightly.**

"WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER THIS GODDAMN SPELL!!"

"DOMINATION, SOMETHING SOMETHING"

"Call on darkness?"

"[Incomprehensible scribbles]"

"FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK"

**He stood up, closing his tome and putting it back in his satchel, making his way to the door.**

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:28 pm

As Archie follows Roux to the door, he stops by a table. After half a second's thought, he tips the table on its side, sending all the mugs, plates and leftovers from lunch onto the floor. Before Oswald can say a word Archie grins and says:

"Roux made me do it."

He then ducks out the door as a carving knife embeds itself in the door frame where he just stood.

Return to “Gweria”