Bilby: Crafter of The Cult of Eremine

To the North East, birthplace to the undead and home to their great Necropolices

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Plot Bot

Bilby: Crafter of The Cult of Eremine

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:55 am

Near the recently renamed Pomodian Inn, Bilby works away on his crafting. He had setup a tab with the tavern, food and drink in return for metal and leather retrieved from defeated undead as well as flamable material for the great forge. Stacks of old iron and steel were piled up and more was arriving all the time.

Peter Levy

Re: Bilby: Crafter of The Cult of Eremine

Postby Peter Levy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:02 pm

**A small, pale man walks in, dressed in rags. He seems pretty harmless...**

I'm looking for a worthy blade. Magical, perhaps. Lightweight and sharp, definitely. A short sword that perfectly fits my hand.

How much would a personal sword cost? And how much to have it sharpened, hardened or otherwise constructed to be as deadly as, say... five regular swords?

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:05 pm

The man smiles at the arrival and nods a greeting as he continues his work.

"You want it to do five times as much damage with the average strike, in other words to strike with the strength of four additional men? And be magical and only of any good for you? We're talking about 400 rava including my fee."

Bilby
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:32 pm

Aye, that's what I'm looking for. Not quite as cheap as I was hoping... For that kind of money I'd like a bit more.

Say, two charges per day of the Mana Drain spell, and one charge per day of the Contingency Spell. Could that be arranged?>

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:02 pm

"Mana Drain? Powerful spell, what fifteen essence? A single charge per day would use 225 rava in materials alone and that would be to imbue something worthless! Two charges and one of contingency? It'd cost me 525 rava to do it not even taking into account a fee for my time, effort and risk. Not saying I can't or won't do it, just that if 400 rava was too much for your pocket..."

Bilby

Tome of Magic 6.0

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Did I say a damn thing about my pockets?!

Perhaps imbue something worthless then. Doesn't matter to me what the source is, just sounded neater.

800 for the lot.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Bilby looks taken aback "I'm sorry sir, didn't mean to insult you."

He sighs.

"If you found someone who could just about make a mastercrafted sword without any risk of cocking it up, he'd have about...what...40% chance to make a magical weapon and sharpen it to that level. To make a charm with one charge a day of contingency...a similarly skill charm crafter would succeed 80% of the time. A single charge of mana drain a day? 60% chance of failing. Try putting two charges and the charge of contingency in the same charm...hah...he'll never manage it. Imagine a hero of whom epic sagas are told. Now imagine he'd spent all his time on learning to swing a crafting hammer rather than a sword...he'd be able to make that charm 10% of the time and you know what? He'd not be able to get any better. Pay for a master crafted charm and he'd be able to do it 30% of the time. But it'd still cost him 545 rava. He gets 3 others to help him who are just as good as him? He'll succeed 3 out of 4 times but it'll cost close to 900 rava then!"

He thinks for a minute.

"Best way to do it? I make the sword. I get my best charmer to make three separate charms and I mount them in the hilt of the sword. One item, can do everything you want. Cost to us will be 830 rava."

He looks thoughtful.

"Tell you what I'll do. You give me 850 rava to cover it and a couple of drinks but I'll add two more charms to it, another of contingency that'll only work on the sword and one of teleport. Every day, you activate this charm of contingency and put the teleport in it so that in the event of your death it teleports back to me. I'll cover the 255 rava for these charms and the extra 15 rava to make the weapon usable by anyone otherwise it's worthless when if you die."

He smiles.

"I'm gonna trust you to do this because you have an honest face and I like two things: a gamble and a challenge. Only other thing you have to promise me, give it a name."

Bilby

Tome of Magic 6.0

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Well now... Interesting proposal.

**He twiddles his moustache, thoughtfully. A lot of money, but a damned fine sword.**

Okay, deal... Names, names...

Death Inescapable; Spinesplitter; The Edge of the Hopewastes; If Evil Had a Face; Dark Flight; It Won't Hurt One Bit; Promise Keeper; Silent Scream; Benificent Silk Child...

No, I've a better name: Bailey

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:04 pm

Bilby nods.

"Bailey it is. I'll start at dawn...should be ready in a week. I don't take money in advance, cash upon receipt."

He takes a few measurements, weighs the halfling's current weapons and takes an imprint of Billy's hand before scribbling a letter and sending it via a messenger to the Cult's charm crafter. He then enters the forge to begin work.

Bilby

Tome of Magic 6.0

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:16 pm

Bilby exits the forge several days later, a newly forged shortsword in hand.

"Here we go sir, as requested, Bailey."

Bilby

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “Gweria”