Home

The harsh deserts mainly home to nomadic tribes and the lizardmen of the Shirikan

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

rachel

Home

Postby rachel » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:23 pm

Safina Kor relaxed on the floor of the tent, watching her 6 month old son, Mehmet, play with her necklace. His fascinated gurgles soothed her more than any rest or kind words could, as she rattled the beads together, smiling when he tried unsuccessfully to copy her. Beside her sat her sister, Aisha, diligently cleaning her armour. Their grandmother had given her the task of protecting Safina from a torrent of difficult questions, and she was taking this duty very seriously. Although the men chatted and speculated around her, and the children regularly shot her curious glances, this evening she was allowed peace. Her skin was decorated with elaborate patterns of blue, mourning the loss of Ishan. As Ishmael pointed out, just because he was not technically dead did not mean Safina wasn't allowed to grieve for him. But this night, she did not want to focus on what had been lost but what had been saved. Her youngest son, and the future of the Kor.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Luke

Re: Home

Postby Luke » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:14 pm

Safina's Grandmother had been conversing with a group of Kor men, all prying for a look at the Battlemaster, eventually she stopped for a moment and looked down, then back up with a quizzical look on her face.

A few moment's later she walked to her grand daughter and smiled at the young child.

Some man said this belonged to you, a gift.

She shook her head at the nonsense idea of possession but none the less pressed a small object into Safina's hands; it was a ring, of thick silver and gold patterned metal, with a large white stone set in the centre.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

rachel

Postby rachel » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:50 pm

Delighted at the prospect of a new toy, Mehmet made a grab for the ring, but Safina was too quick for him. Moving it out of his reach, she studied it, puzzled.

"What man, Grandmother?"
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:22 am

You know, I cant quite remember... Funny, I don't usually forget a face.

She shrugged and went back to her duties. After all, it wasn't her job to think.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:17 pm

A month ago this answer would have been enough for Safina. But now she viewed the world differently. Twisting the ring between her fingers, she almost ignores her husband as he puts down a plate of sticky rice dumplings beside her.

"You should eat some more, Safina. Be careful our son doesn't steal it; he is growing fast."

She looks up and hands him the ring. "What do you know about this? I recognise it I think, but I don't know where from."
Characters:

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:46 pm

"It was made by our people." He examined the ring closer while Safina devoured the dumplings. She noticed him hesitate before continuing. "It belonged to Ishan, and before that to his father. I can't sense any spells on it. The strangest thing is that I think it has been with Ishan a long time, maybe until he could leave the Time ritual. But if that is so I have no idea how it can be with you now."

Safina shrugged. "Ishan is very clever. He probably knows some spell that can send items back in time." She gave Mehmet a small mouthful of soft rice to chew on, and slipped the ring onto her finger. It was important to keep it with her always, so that when she returned to the lands of the dead she would remember her cousin and be able to find him. She would be there a long time before he could meet her, and she didn't want to forget.
Characters:

Return to “Dolen Talath”