Hounds A-Knocking

Where the Rodera, Orcs, Goblins and Avians once called home

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Dellam

Hounds A-Knocking

Postby Dellam » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:11 am

Vynrael had kept himself busy lately, so much to do and it never felt like he had enough time to do it all. Back and forth visiting the site of his surviving tree, trying to find someone who could use death magic to help him ritualise it (with little success) and trying to keep track of events in the world below had left him a little run ragged but this most recent occurence he had more then enough time for. A visitation by a god that wasn't his own was well..awkward to say the least and he hoped his Lady did not mind overly much about it. He assumed it would be well given that it did involve her to an extent and all but he worried. Now he had yet another thing on his agenda and so had come to the home of his friend Farrek. Stopping outside he knocked briskly on the door a while looking up around the building front, taking a moment before he called out aloud in that heavily accented voice of his.
"Farrek! Are you home? I have important news and need your help!"
Player of;
Vynrael, the Hound of Asternia
Jaguar, High priest of the Party
Ekrit, Nomad Magic Weapon maker of Yashmanar
Thromlui, Psychomancer, Nightmare made manifest

Peter Levy

Re: Hounds A-Knocking

Postby Peter Levy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:18 am

**As the somewhat ramshackle door opens, a familiar face greets Vynrael. Farrek is quite bedraggled, as though his mind is in a thousand places.**

Ah, Vynrael! Welcome, my friend. Please, come in, have a seat. Port?

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:15 am

"Ah...yes, many thakyous my friend."

The golden canid offered as he moved into the building, covering the flash of concern for the state of his friend as he went. Every time he saw Farrek the Rodera seemed to be just that little bit more scattered and he was very concerned about it. He knew something was wrong, he just wished he knew what.

"I am sorry for disturbing Farrek but something has come about of which I felt you should be aware. I have had a ummm...I think word is visitation? Well I have heard voice of Yashmanar. The time is coming to restore the realm of faith."
Player of;

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:29 am

No disturbance. You are always welcome. It's a good one, this one: ninety-seven. Aged well.

As for visitations, I'm sure I've heard rumblings about that up here, too. The Realm of Faith is something I haven't researched as well as I might have. It's a sort of hypothetical world where gods can exist as beings, rather than as concepts. The gods aren't people. But in the Realm of Faith, they can be like people. Most of the gods are reflections of forces in the world, often created by us. The moons and, of course the Jewel are different. They are reflections of... something else, and we are, by extension, reflections of them. If that makes any sense...

The gods have power. They get that from us, the mortals of Velmaneth. Let's take Yashmanar as an example: the story of his birth is a good analogy for how gods are what they are. When most of the peoples of our world gathered and constructed Dvarni, there was a great gathering of minds and skills. The sheer force of know-how created a power greater than the sum of its parts. People began to call that force 'Yashmanar', and so the god of know-how was born. He is a reflection of the accumulated wisdom of the people of Velmaneth. As is often said, knowledge is power. Faith in Yashmanar, the god allows a celebrant to channel some of this power.

In this way, gods are a personification; a tool for shaping the world.

Eremine is no less a tool. But she was not born of us, she was born of the All-Father. He wanted to create a perfect world, and the power of that wish conjured an entity which we call Eremine. She was the tool he used to create this world. In turn, her action was to produce further tools: the moons. But, my analogy still stands for the second part of a god's function. Faithful of Gerethenax have put a name, a tag, a handle on the power of the earth, and so are better able to harness this power.

I'm rambling...

Did Yashmanar's voice explain anything of what you must do?

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:11 pm

Vynrael listened attentively, always eager to absorb something new about the world especially where the gods were concerned. Such information was precious to one who came from a world that was wholey owned by just a single of what was Velmaneths many deities. In listening he dropped himself into a chair, hands settling in his lap as he leant forward a little. When Farrek stopped he smiled and raised a hand to stop the other.

"Please, is of no trouble, you may speak as much as you wish with me Farrek. we are friends and thus I always have a place for your words. As to what must be done...very soon, infact with the next few days I believe, there will be a gathering with Yashmanaar's paladin. I know not who this individual is but I am sure it will be made clear. From there I can only assume such information will be provided to re-open the realm of faith and give this world back the strength of its gods. On the one hand I am jubilant for this will mean the grace of my lady will return, on the other I worry for the darker powers, including the Souless, will have their backing returned."
Player of;

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:34 am

Velmaneth is a fairly unique place. Almost every other world leans toward a single element, attitude or function. But Velmaneth cannot: it requires balance to survive. If we re-establish faith in Asternia, we must also re-establish faith in Larwayella. Moreover, we must re-establish faith in all the gods! There are thousands upon thousands of devotees of Quarin, so perhaps extra effort must be made in restoring Lenamo, Firin. Resurrecting the Celestial Dragon, even... But probably not: dead gods stay dead, it seems.

They certainly ought to! Bringing Lenanuki back almost ended the world... It's all a complex, fiddly and confusing balancing act. I'm not a man of faith, Vynrael. I have no particular calling to a single, or a few gods. Sure, I carry the Staff of Eremethal, and the sword that killed Velnashar, but they don't make me a priest. Do they? I still hope I can call Quayle 'friend', but that doesn't make me a follower, does it?

Saying this, I do need the gods... Or, I think I'll need them soon... But, my assumption is this: those in the best position to restore the gods to their rightful positions are the faithful. I don't think I am best suited to such a task. You, however, are quite definitely the right person for the job!

Return to “Noore I'Meles”