Hai Val Yu Crafters

The Far East, almost unheard from since the world came close to destruction

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Hai Val Yu Crafters

Postby Will » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:42 pm

**An old man with a long, thin, grey beard waits patiently behind the stall, carefully eating a bowl of noodles.**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Luke

Re: Hai Val Yu Crafters

Postby Luke » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:32 pm

A short, dark haired and red eyed little girl ran into the shop with a mischievous grin. The shopkeeper couldn't see her of course, Kami were a pain like that. Ten Tigers almost sprinted and fell headfirst into the room but managed to stop before the threshold and take a deep breathe before respectfully entering the building.

The girl laughed and then proceeded to try and knock things off the shelves in a way that made it look like Ten Tigers was clumsy. With great effort he tried to stay the items and put the shop back together.

The girl quieted after her fun was stopped and proceeded to sulk in the corner. The scene must have looked ridiculous for the shopkeeper as the Furious Blade stared at the corner with a stern look and then span round smiling.

Good Afternoon!
The Furious Blades clothes were not in the best condition, his armour was torn, his clothes were stained with a mix of either blood or mud... it wasn't clear which, and he had a very definitive black eye.

I am sincerely and utterly sorry for the state of my appearance, should you wish me to stand outside, burn my clothes and then wait for rain to wash me then I shall. However, I would hope that it might help if I told you that I work for the Empress herself and have been on a sacred mission to purge our great island of a few droplets of Larwayella's blood. He grinned, though looked a lot less confident than he seemed. By the looks of it the demons had beaten him near to death before he'd escaped... at least that was more likely.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Good afternoon. I have a sword, my Kami would like a little more edge to her smile, I have some Jade Grace to spend, and this armour has seen better days as well. He held out a bag of dull green stones which clacked together.

After all paper is for houses, not currency.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:35 pm

**The old man pauses, place his bowl and chopsticks on the counter and wipes his chin, all the while keeping his gaze upon the newcomer**

"You are most welcome, come in"

**He gestures to a cushion on the ground around a low table, and then takes a seat on a second cushion, on the other side**

"How much of an edge are we talking about?"
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Luke

Postby Luke » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:17 pm

Well she says she wants to destroy the world. I think at the moment she would settle for my dignity. I don't have much you see, and I am not find of flaunting my lack of wealth.

Ten Tigers thought for a moment. Realising he knew nothing of crafting. He wasn't even sure what had come over him when he started crafting that sword in the fire. Or was it a sword or fire?he couldn't remember.

What can you do? Can you make a weapon to kill demons?

The little kami in moved from her corner and sat next to Ten Tigers looking at the crafter with hungry eyes. She was either excited that she might be made stronger, or she just wanted to kill him. Disappointing her was going to be a burden the warrior would have to carry for many weeks, he knew it.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:23 pm

**The old man smiles, the wrinkles around his mouth creasing as he does so**

"Ah, a worthy cause indeed... Demons need magic to kill, so imbuing the blade with any sort of magic should suffice for that task. Some are hurt more by specific types of magic, so if you have any specific Demons in mind...?"

**His voice trails off, leaving the question hanging in the air, along with an inquisitive look**

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:16 am

Hmm.. Isn't magic dangerous? The Empress teaches that we must be pure and not fall into the trap of using magic to better our position... Don't get me wrong, I have seen what magic can do first hand, and it is impressive, but I worry that a magic sword could cause physical and political mishaps...

He was worried, demons had to be killed, but magic was treacherous at best.

Does it have to be magical all the time? Would our serkanian nature not weaken the blades potency? Am I being stupid? Its been a long day...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:44 pm

As it appears the crafter has gone to sleep. Ten Tigers gives him a gentle nudge and then a loud but polite COUGH

When he has the man's attention.

My sword. Crafted by a master. 30 Jades. What can you do for me honoured crafter?
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:27 pm

**The elderly man wakes, startled**

"Oh oh yes, yes.... hang on..."

**He appears to do some maths in his head**

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:51 pm

What about crafting armour? Could you make ring mail more sturdy? This stuff was made by an apprentice, it could use a master's touch.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:01 pm

**The man stirs again**

"Oh yes, hello! A sword crafted by a master will be 40 Jades. And armour, well, what kind is it you are after?"

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:12 pm

My armour could use some work

he points to a set of ringmail

Maybe just the centre piece? Larwayella's Blood always go for the heart.

I do not need a mastercrafted sword, I have two already, one is for sale if you are interested? Perhaps could save you some materials neh?

Finally he drew his two handed sword, with some reverence, and leaned in to talk in a low register.

This sword is very special to me. It's Kami is very dangerous, but unfulfilled in a weapon which does not let her burn as brightly as she wants. I have heard some crafters can make weapons that house Kami so perfectly that they burn with Lotus Fire and Wu Jen spirits. Can you do this? If you can my other sword is yours to do as you wish, and I have some wealth also...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:20 pm

**The old crafter looks things over with an expert, if tired eye**

"To imbue this blade with the power of a Kami of Fire will cost one hundred and fifty Jade. I will accept the other blade as part payment to the tune of 30 Jade, which is the base value.

To ensure that your ring mail around your heart is made to be resilient to the shatterings and wear of your foes, it will cost fifty Jade."

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:23 pm

Thank you. I will contemplate.

He gave a bow and went to sit outside. Counting was a challenge and no Blade wished to embarrass himself.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Return to “Serke Kemi”