Calling Out

Where the dead live on (dead characters only)

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Dellam

Calling Out

Postby Dellam » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:23 pm

Shhhh, it's okay, if you behave you may live through this.

That's what he had said of course to the poor soul who had exclaimed that he had been in some place called Damntown and he had just been walking down some alley when he was suddenly in the Hopewastes, somewhere between begging not to be sent to the deep. The figure with that wicked black knife wasn't entirely sure what a Damntown was, he assumed much had changed in the world of the living, but he also quite certain the human had been stupid for walking down an alley anyway. He had bound the man, trussed him up like livestock for slaughter and had used a sharp rock to etch a nice little circle around them both. He also assumed at this juncture that the man had also realized he had been lying as he had started to struggle more. He was not getting free though, his captor had received far to much practice at binding individuals so.

Then the captor moved and straddled his face down victim, reaching down to grab him by the hair and haul his head up and back.

"You are doing a great service you know...I'm sure of course that will be little consolation to you in the deep but I will be kind and tell you there are roads out of that place, if you look for them...and if you survive long enough."

With that the curved knife, jet black in a red handle came around and cut deep sending the soul plunging downwards into the deep while the captor raised his hands on high. At that moment he power shifted to his other skill set.

"With the power of meta magic and a soul sent on leaving an empty vessel to fill, I call upon the flicker-light, the lie inside me to become the lie without. In this place, the Hope Wastes, the domain of Kan Slaar I wish to bring forth the voice of another, the servant of another perhaps to speak to me through the shall I have placed beneath me. To this end I open up a space, a ritual to connect me to this power if it will listen to my words, my consideration and my plea from across the planes. I call upon the flicker-light now to open this ritual!"
(Open ritual circle rank 20)

He would lean down to the body then and speak softly

"I seek the voice of the raiser of the dead, of Jin'Ro, can he hear me?"
Player of;
Vynrael, the Hound of Asternia
Jaguar, High priest of the Party
Ekrit, Nomad Magic Weapon maker of Yashmanar
Thromlui, Psychomancer, Nightmare made manifest

Sonny

Re: Calling Out

Postby Sonny » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:21 pm

The lifeless body on the ground arches its back in an unnerving moan, a grey smoke flooding from its mouth, pouring out much more than its lungs could ever of hoped to contain, flooding the ground around both it and its slayer. The smoke becoming a thick fog cloaking the ground as the body once again fell to the floor, replaced by a figure slowly emerging from the cold grey lifeless smoke, comprised of this vapour though the form of an creature with a large grin could be seen as if in a memory or vision, unclear and hazy but before you none the less. Slowly eyeing up the surroundings and squatting down to inspect the corpse on the floor.

“You know mon a simple message would of sufficed..... thou me has to admit, dis be rather more personal, tis a shame as souls be much arder to work wid once dey pass into dem deeps... but still.. impressed ya called me ere dis way. Dat effort itself shows a purpose, so den what may I ask do ya be requiring of Jin’ro?”
((Jin'Ro))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:28 pm

The former captor turned summoner steps away from the body and moves calmly to sit down before it, a mark covering the lower half of his face but grey skin and sharp pink eyes showing over it. Theres a kind of interest mixed with malicious amusement there.

"I have already clawed my way up out of the deep once, I'm sure if this individual tries hard enough he can find the strength to do the same. As for myself well, I didn't summon you to bore you with small talk. I have been dead and down here for many years and the world above had changed. I have also. Now I seek to return to the world of the living and the darkness whispers that you can provide that road for me."
Player of;

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:42 pm

"Straight to business eh mon? I be likin ya style already, escaped from da deep and had da insight to call me name... dare be much promise in ya mon. So ya be wanting to walk da world above once more den? If ya be happy and willing to embrace da gift of undeath I’m sure we can to a mutually beneficial arrangement.... or did ya be having another thought about ya return to da world of da livin?"

((Jin'Ro))

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:55 pm

He lent forward at that, elbows resting against knees, fingers pressed together in a steeple in front of his face as he carefully considered the answer to that question.

"My goal is to return to life of course, true life for I have many matters to attend to, undeath would be but a stepping stone until I could find...suitable individuals who would 'assist' me in returning to a true mortal existence. If the possibility of such is included in such an arrangement then it is very much acceptable to me. I am to assume this sort of thing might come with a price or some kind of task that would need to be performed?"
Player of;

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:03 pm

"Well den we be in a very good spot me new friend, while ya be down ere tings be changing with the lords of faith and it so appens dat my new lord holds not only da power of undeath, but da keys to da gate when ya be wanting to pay dat price.... or find others to elp pay for ya to return as a mortal if ya gets me drift mon. Thou who knows, ya might be finding ya rather enjoy embracing da gift of undeath and decide to stay dis way.
If it just be da blessing of da grave ya be wanting for now I ask no price for doing me lords work, for dare to be balance and any soul to return wholly, more children of death must walk da world of da living first.
Thou I do ask a favour mon, nothing unreasonable but dare might be a time when I be calling on ya to repay da kindness I offer as it were. And of course mon, no doing harm to meself obliviously, as if ya take da gift I offer we be friends, and brothers in death."

((Jin'Ro))

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:22 am

A twitch of the eye showed an amount of surprise and interest in this revelation of the gods.
"If by your new lord you mean Kan Slaar and he now holds so much more power? Interesting. I'm guessing Quarin must have made a mess of it royally.", he offered with an amused chuckle.
He unsteepled his fingers then and sat up straight.
"In truth, if there were another option that could bring me closer to life I would take it but alas, without the proper sacrifices I cannot achieve true life from here and as far as I'm aware, the next best route back into the world is via undeath. Unless you know of another way or can indeed restore true life? Oh and as to favours, I'm quite happy to perform such as long as they do not endanger me nor would they endanger my...family, in the world of the living."
Player of;

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:48 pm

“Sadly Quarins most powerful and deluded followers fanned hims flame too much so dat candle burnt far too bright and far too quick if ya be asking me mon, thou it be glorious while it lasted mon. Kan Slaar be a worthy vessel for da power of undeath, be interesting for sure to see what dis new change in power holds for not only da hopewastes but da land of da living too.”

The smoky figure slowly rose to his feet, reaching out with a hand to shake, those vapour like fingers extending to accept an accord.

“Of course mon, wouldn’t be asking for anyting like dat, if anyting comes to mind I’ll av me birdy come drop ye a note. Undeath be the path i offer to ya now, what ya choose to do with such a gift, well dat be your choice mon, to embrace da grave or seek life as it once were. So den mah new friend, what be ya name? I be needing to call it to bring ya back to our world after all.”

((Jin'Ro))

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:33 pm

The figure stood as well, following his new compatriot to his feet and took a moment to stretch before he reached out and took ahold of the vapor in agreement of the accord.
"Undeath it is then. I will do whatever I have to to return to the world of the living now...and as for my name well..."
He leant forwards, almost conspiratorially and with lowered voice, "V'Jelathil Coshwood is my name. Raise me up then Jin'Ro. Send me home."
Player of;

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:03 pm

The vapour was cold to the touch, flowing through your fingers as you shook its ethereal hand, seeing the vision grin even more as you revealed your name to it, the figure starting to fade as the mist cleared little by little, vanishing into the air as his words echoed quietly around you.

“I be making a few enquires first mon.... just to be sure dare not be another route.... but when ya ear me call ya name mon, answer as da world of da livin awaits ya.”

((Jin'Ro))

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:06 pm

"I'll be waiting..."

He murmurs softly, smiling behind his mask for a moment and then that fades away, his face returning to neutral. He takes a moment, looking around at the remains of what had wrought only to start murmuring more words to himself. With another spell he was gone in a blink of meta magic, having another quarry to seek in the meanwhile.
Player of;

Return to “The Hope Wastes”