A comfortable new beginning.

Where the dead live on (dead characters only)

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Littleben

A comfortable new beginning.

Postby Littleben » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:00 pm

The Hope Wastes, a somewhat desolate place, very dark with many tortured souls, and scared ones. It reminded Fern of 2 times over the last week of his 'life'. One time of when he followed the group of heroes into here before, dying then, for some reason that helped them save the world, apparently. He recognises the same awkwardness of undead lurking around, but they were all quite slow and no issue for the alchemist.

The second familiarity was to the Void, when at some point, near the elemental planes Fern seems to remember, the necklace transported him to the Void. A slightly purple plane that was in fact all planes, with many demons and monstrosities of creation. However, Fern was still too elusive for this realm as well, meaning he was more than comfortable being in the hope wastes, although slightly sad.

He looked around for half a day, or so he felt, and found an area to be based as camp or 'home'. From here he would do what he was doing in Ingolé: scavenging for materials. Although this time, everyone was dead but their homes were not abandoned so it would seem more like stealing. It wasn't.
As long as I can't lose, I've already won.

Littleben

Re: A comfortable new beginning.

Postby Littleben » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:13 pm

After several days, Fern was making quite a name for himself in what he now considered his small portion of the hope wastes. Not his real name ofcourse, just 'The Thief'. He knew who to steal from and who to stay away from and gained some decently powerful allies and acquaintances. Sometimes it was gold, silver, rava, diamonds, sometimes it was artefacts, magical and historical, sometimes it was simply information that he would take and trade for a comfortable standing in the hope wastes. A week after being dead and he was doing brilliantly! Why didn't live in the hope wastes earlier? Was there even any point trying to return to Velmaneth? He would only return to a war. And was it even possibly to get out again? He didn't know and at this point of time, with another client walking through the door, he couldn't care less.

Littleben

Re: A comfortable new beginning.

Postby Littleben » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:03 pm

It was a few months since Fern first started to settle down in the Hope Wastes but honestly he had not been keeping count of the days (in Velmaneth’s terms as the Hope Wastes obviously had no days). All was going quite well for him actually, considering where he was. However, as of recently there were a few unusual disparities in the link the Hope Wastes to the other realms as well as rumours floating around that had caught his interest. It seemed that beings of many races, human, goblin and even some demons, were being sent to the Hope Wastes, assumingly slain, but brought back by some kind of death magic sourced from a power general-like necromancer. This was one thing that had intrigued Fern as he felt like he could do with a breath of fresh Velmanethian air.

However this is not his first thought of this particular “day” when he awoke as, although he knowingly gave his life to leave the Order of Dakron in order for the heroes to accomplish what they needed in the events of ‘The Calamity’, he still had a strong pull of the whispers of bells in the air that had been ringing for days now, and was itching to go and investigate the sound as he felt it was coming from some sort of Death based source. Another rumour that he remember to go with this is that there was someone in the Hope Wastes posing as ‘Death’ left his encampment on an expedition.

Return to “The Hope Wastes”