Chaos in his voice

Where the dead live on (dead characters only)

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Dellam

Chaos in his voice

Postby Dellam » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Gods came and went, that was the way of things. He was aware of this fact and when he'd 'found' his faith he'd always considered it was a possibility...but Velnashar falling? No one could have suspected it could actually happen. It was annoying to as when the last night of escape had come around he had basically sacrificed his chances so that he could defend the Masters portal. He had grumbled some about it after but he wasn't as...fixated, as some others in his worship. He wasn't as much about destruction as he was the chaos and it was to that his voice, his music, was dedicated. He was a bard after all and despite being a death elf, knew the impact his words could have and the emotions they evoked.

Now he had been left behind, guarding the remains of a portal to Velnashar's realm and the death elf had a decision to make. Follow or die he imagined it would be. He was not stupid. He was half crazed, fixated and weird but not stupid. When he'd felt the changeover he'd immediately taken to new worship, still with his voice as an arbiter of chaos and so he knelt before the portal and swore his allegiance.

"To you Quayle, the new god of chaos and destruction, I give my voice and my powers.", the death elf, Serran, said, "I...really have no idea if you can even hear this but there it is, if you want it. I'm guessin you maybe do until I hear otherwise so uh...all my songs and my audiences are yours. Guess I'll have to write new things."
Player of;
Vynrael, the Hound of Asternia
Jaguar, High priest of the Party
Ekrit, Nomad Magic Weapon maker of Yashmanar
Thromlui, Psychomancer, Nightmare made manifest

Plot Bot

Re: Chaos in his voice

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:52 am

~~The scent of blood rises in the air. The sense of emptiness behind the Portal to Velnashar begins to fade. Not necessarily closing, maybe moving on. There is a low growl audible from not too far ahead.~~

Once it's part of here, your service to me will be over, To'Krein

~~The words barely audible emerge from the mouth of a small, thin man. His face a speckled grey colour, a white band across his eyes. The Fey spots the Death Elf and pauses for a second. The creature he walks with looms over its master. It drips with blood, and steams from its many open wounds and sores. Like a great Werewolf that should have met its end long ago. The wounds upon it almost seem... familiar... They slowly, but purposefully head toward Serran, and stand about ten feet from him.~~

And what, pray, do we have here? An elf and an abandoned temple? Marvellous. How'd you fancy making something more of yourself?

~~Death never seems to stop smiling these days...~~

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Serran of course had come across 'Death' before at the Night of the Nearly Living and having had some experience and explanation of its nature...was not exactly best receiving. That said he was never just to shoot someone down without hearing them out, he liked to talk after all.
"Aye aye...a death elf and a temple although if I'm here it can't be all that abandoned...now that aside I'd wonder what you had in mind. I'm not a big fan of this whole 'pact' thing especially if it means I'm stuck for even longer down here. What are your terms hm?", he asked, a brow lofting curiously.
Wary...very wary he was and he reached out for the bardic power innate to those of his ilk in the hope wastes, wondering if that was still absent as well as it had been before, syphoned off to the Gods knew where.
Player of;

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:00 pm

Oh, I like it when they're so open. Good on you, master Death Elf! Well now, you're probably almost half way there anyway, how about you join my Court?

~~He paced about slightly as he spoke~~

Of course you know what this Portal is, or rather was. It's been under a couple of afflictions recently. First off, some crazy fool cut off a flow of power, then its boss went and got himself killed. Oopsy.

I want to re-establish its power. And I think you can help me. In return I will allow you into the Court of Death. Once I am done here, as one of my Fey you will be immortal here.

What a magnificent reward! I think I may be too generous. Perhaps someone else could be more helpful, but you're... Well, you're here!

So, how about it?

~~He rubbed his hands together eagerly, the thought of the next impending Pact making him rather excited.~~

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Serran was torn. Part of him, the part that liked power and such, wanted to immediately go for the yes...however despite that he did have a little sense. Pacts were bad, everyone said so and he'd seen little to show him otherwise. He didn't imagine his Lord would be to happy about him handing over the gate to another though by siding with the Fey. Thus far, he hadn't seen any God really side with the Fey at all.
"Umm...while tempting I think I have may have to pass on that...without Lord Quayles approval I just cant go signing myself and what was his over to just anybody...besides, I like Velmaneth and want to get back there at some point, not be stuck down here in someones death court. After all, who would really get to hear my voice then?", he grinned a little then.
Player of;

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:13 am

A figure steps from the portal.

"Well said."

Quayle
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:51 am

To say that the death elf was surprised wouldn't quite cover it. After all Velnashar had spoken to him but had never deigned to show up for him before and that Quayle had appeared seemed to be something of a good omen...depending on your point of view of course. He backed up a couple of paces then, getting the feel that this could get ugly quickly.
"My Lord Quayle...it is an honour", was all he offered, head bowing in supplication to the new God of Chaos and Destruction.
Player of;

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:57 am

~~Death stops smiling. He actually looks afraid. Sweating slightly, he shakes off the fear.~~

Well, I guess I'm not needed here then... You've clearly got it all under control... No hard feelings about the ritual, eh Quayle? Ha...ha...

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:44 am

From the portal a throne of fire is suddenly present...it didn't appear, it was simply as if it had always been there. Quayle sits, gestures for Serran to stand and then addresses the Fey lord.

"When I first met you, I was human but more than that I was a good man yet I had already embraced my fate and was heading towards the darkness. Everything I have done for the last year...perhaps longer...was a test of how much control I had over that darkness. Had the events of that day transpired a few months earlier, I would have tried to save the members of the party who fell despite what they were. I would not have attacked Jin'ro. I would not have given Pride to Silver. Had they happened a few months later, I would not have cared if the Fey had died."

He waves his hand through the fire of the throne, watching the flames play.

"My offer to you on Coshwood Isle was genuine...I was willing to remove any power I had put in to shatter the ritual and let the Glooms pour into the Fey realm. My humanity was still intact enough that I felt guilty for those who fell because I wanted to succeed against The Realm of Torment. They died because I wanted to win but then there was no one left afterwards who understood how bad the realm was to congratulate me on my success. It was a hollow victory and it was the last time I ever felt guilt. I wanted them restored because then I had won and not only had I won, I had won completely because no one had died."

He looked back at the Fey Lord.

"I was willing to sacrifice countless faceless Fey in order that those people I knew would live. I think having that thought is very human...but I would have done it, which is not. I would have justified it because by that point the Glooms were finite and the more there were elsewhere, particularly such a realm filled with life, the less there would be in my world."

He smiled, coldly.

"What I did learn was that when Kan Slaar said I could give up part of myself to bring these people back, I rebelled. I had no issue sacrificing others to bring them back but becoming less? Losing power? Taking a step back? I wouldn't do it. I had a plan and nothing could stand in the way of that plan...this plan."

He makes a gesture to himself.

"The point I am trying to make is this...by the time we met, I was a very different person that the one most people thought of as Quayle. By the time we last saw each other, I was barely even that person any more. Now, I am beyond being a person at all. It would give me a little pleasure in destroying you, but only a very little amount. At the moment you are not a threat to me, if you ever become such then it will be a much more enjoyable destruction. For now you bring destruction and chaos using the lawful binding of pacts and who would I be to stand in the way of chaos and destruction?"

This time his smile seems more friendly than before.

"Fifteen thousand men walked out of the Wastes at Runebreaker's command. Some of those men have been dead for a century. They have old minds, have old scores to settle, they will wage old wars, fight old fights, reopen old wounds...and they've been tainted by this place. They have shown me that people getting out of here, particularly those who have been here a long time, bring dischord to the world.

So you do whatever it is you do because we aren't all that different and what I learnt from my father is this, while people...you included...aren't fighting against me, you're fighting for me."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Well now... I'll call off the To'Krein shall I? Straight on to business, then I guess:

Do you want to keep the power of this portal, or would you be open to my... redirecting it?

~~Still wary, the Fey shuffles ever so slightly closer.~~

After all, this was a shrine to your late father. You've taken up his mantle, but you are not Velnashar. It would seem rude to take his shrine from him too, no? Perhaps, with a little help from your subject here, we could create a new shrine. How about that? A lovely new... maybe not lovely... But, still, new! Yours. This one should be sealed, really.

Or perhaps destroyed? Shame to let it all go to waste, though. Much better that I harness some of it. As you say, we aren't too different, our aims are not contradictory. It'd be quite fitting with your father's decree that I, not you bring the destruction of the Realm, no? A thought...

~~He leans in, licking his lips slightly. He glances quickly over to9 the death elf, before fixing his stare back on Quayle~~

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:23 pm

"Now creating a new shrine to Quayle is something I'm all to happy to help with...but only if he wills it of course...and without any of that pact business."
He replied, having listened to the pair of powerful beings speak and keeping quiet all the while. He really didn't want to interrupt and get himself into hot water with either of them. His urge for self preservation ran strong indeed. However in the wake of it, listening to Death, he was very much sure that the Fey could not be trusted entirely...but he imagined Quayle knew that as well.
"What would my Lord have of me?", he asked of Quayle, turning his gaze to the God.
Player of;

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Quayle takes a moment and then laughs

"The To'krein? I didn't even get to meet them! I kept being warned that there was something after me but I made enough enemies in life that I wasn't sure who! They were yours were they? Do what you want with them...a point for future reference, you want vengeance on someone then set your creatures on a person's friends of family. Send them to kill an individual, they fight and either you win and its over or they do and they are strengthened for your next attempt...send them to kill their family and if you succeed then you have taken your revenge and wounded them more than merely killing them ever could. Even if you fail then you have scared your target and they will feel powerless and paranoid, unable to do anything but stay and protect them. Then, with your enemy out of the way protecting their loved ones, you go and do whatever you want. You can have them attack me, my family, my friends if you want but the only outcome will be either I don't care or I do care and you don't want me to care."

He looks at the portal

"The Hope Wastes were my father's creation, they now belong to me. He ignored them for years but still they...worked. Everything here was a memory of something destroyed, a permanent memorial to the power of Destruction. Many have tried to gain some power or influence here over the years and many were successful but they took nothing from him, everything they did just added to his power. The status quo empowers me...change...change is chaos and that empowers me too. Do what you want."

He turns to Serran.

"Feel free to help him...or not...that's your choice to make. Personally, if I were a departed soul trapped in here and there was a powerful entity offering the chance to leave in return for service, I'd accept...I'd just make sure any agreement was worded as thoroughly as possible. Alternatively, stay, ensure the people of this place know that Velnashar is dead and that Quaos reigns. Form a shrine...a temple...a church. This place has become stagnant, bring chaos and destruction! As I said, it's your choice, the best thing my father ever did was to grant freewill to the masses."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “The Hope Wastes”