The Crusade

Where the dead live on (dead characters only)

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Peter Levy

The Crusade

Postby Peter Levy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Great. You got us killed.
Good. So long as we are here, you cannot harm the people of Velmaneth.
And you can't help them! Where's your precious Varya now? And your King? You abandoned him, didn't you? Your personal quest to prove yourself was more important to you than saving Lenton...
Shut up.
No, I shan't. You know I'm right! All that time locked away, waiting for this opportunity: to rebuild, to find honour, and you blew it. All because you felt the need to 'sacrifice' yourself. Pah! Sacrifices should mean something, and you, 'sir' Katy mean nothing.
Shut up!
You allowed my sister to control the Wood Elf, you stood by as more of my kin possessed the Goblin, and almost certainly others since we died. You were too busy 'protecting' a group of strangers to notice that your King had run away.
He was called away by our Lord!
You don't really believe that... We both know he found a back door into Velmaneth, and he jumped at the chance; to leave my Mistress's world; to abandon those others, the undead, the elves, the humans of Sinya Palurin. He abandoned you.
Shut up.
He abandoned you because he knew that you were intent on ignoring him. You wanted to control me, to acquire the gifts I can -and did- bestow upon you. Face it, you were just pretending to be honourable. You wanted power. You wanted me.
Enough! Enough of your lies! Enough of your voice! Enough of your 'gifts'. Your wings did not follow us here! I would not will you to be part of my soul in the afterlife, nor would I bring you to the side of my Lord. No. You said you wanted to see suffering; you were curious. Well, for all the suffering you could see on Velmaneth, here you will see it ten times over. I will walk the wastes, and you can see the torment of these souls. In exchange for that, I ask simply silence from you: observe, do not interfere.
Oh, I think we're well past you and your offers. You can't stop me enjoying the torment of these souls, and I will not be silent.
I swore to you that if you spoke five more words I would not allow you to pass into Velmaneth, and I stand by that. You will remain here, in this place, and it is you that will suffer.
Oh, we all know who suffered the most... You just sat by and allowed her...
Enough. I know. My biggest regret is that I did not prevent that.
That's a pity. I hope it consumes you.

Erynion

Re: The Crusade

Postby Erynion » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:13 pm

As Sir Katy an his demon argued a winged elf landed behind him. The elf stretched his wings out there full length before bringing them in neatly to his back. He had a smile on his face as he watched Sir Katy and his demon argue.
It's pointless trying to fight it, the voice won't stop until you embrace it. I know how you feel, I am in exactly the same position as you but I have my wings and I feel stronger than ever.
Do you still think you can stay in control? Look where we are, if you had any chance of locking the demon away it disappeared the second you arrived here.
Erynion - Possessed wood elf - Dead again
Quinn - The jester - Dead
Anthony Landon - How much you paying?
Chase - The hunter - only nice character I seem to have :)

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:49 pm

"I don't suppose Sundairs died as well? No. Pity. Not because I want him dead you understand, it just would have been an interesting coincidence if all three of the people I cast a spell upon had died."

The man in red sits down, a throne just seems to have formed without a single rock every seeming to move.

"So...what happened to you two?"

Quayle
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:39 pm

**Katy is visibly pained by the arrival of the fallen elf. His grimace turns to a smile as he sees Erynion's wings.**

Virrin! And, well, whoever you are... Good to see you, shame it's here. Oh well. Yes, 'Sir' Katy is thoroughly embracing my power.
Shut up. I am sorry to see you are here, but you are wrong about my ability to control this creature. Embracing its power is the coward's way, and I shall always advise you against it. I wish to see the noble wood elf, who would stand up to a prince and draw his bow when his honour is questioned. That is the Erynion I first met, and would have restored to life. Without the daemon of torment tainting his mind, and body.

**Quayle's arrival startles the man, a flash of power tearing through his back, the flesh expanding, skin beginning to tear.**

No.

**Katy turns to face the god of chaos and destruction, bowing slightly, sweating a little, breathing deeply.**

The healer!
Shut up.
No, my lord, Sundairs did not die. Although, he technically is dead, I suppose. I cannot speak for how my elven associate, no friend, came here, but I was cut down on the way to the bathroom. Not the death I had hoped for.

Ha!
Shut up.
But it gives me more time to prove myself to my God, and to fulfill my pledge to the daemon's foul mistress.

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:36 pm

Erynion bows to Quale but not in fear, but instead with respect.
My lord it's good to see you hear. I owe you my thanks, bringing me back to life was the best thing that could have happened, but not for the obvious reason. You forced me to try and stay alive by accepting the daemon into my head and blessing me with these wings.

Erynion bows again to Quale and turns to Sir Katy
I am still that same wood elf you met, I have stood by you every time we are in danger and my arrows have flown straight and true at OUR enemies. These wings are a blessing, and I wanted for you to see that.
I agree these daemons enjoy the torment of other creatures and I don't like that, but if its only the torment of our enemies and the daemons make us stronger, then should we not embrace them? Look how easily you were able to lift the obolisc, you have the strength of at least two men.
Katy you have made two sacrifices that meant I could return home, although the others had other ideas, and for that I will always stand by you. We are always connected through our daemons

Erynion turned back to Quale
I died because of this daemon. The group didn't trust me anymore, I summoned the goddess of the realm and she cut my finger off, well made a goblin do it. I don't know how I will use my bow. Lord Quale what would I have to do in order to get my finger back? And get Sir Katy's wings back.

Erynion then glanced at Sir Katy with a warm smile that showed no signs of any possession.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:14 am

"Both chose to accept a demon within them. One through duty, one through desperation. Both murdered by their companions."

Quayle shook his head slowly before turning to the Wood Elf.

"You are dead. Your body is probably lying cold somewhere in Velmaneth. This..." he waves his hand at the Elf "...is a memory. Why do you have a bow or your clothes or armour? They didn't die. They exist because you remember yourself as having had them in life and so you equip yourself accordingly. Accept that you are no longer a physical being but a manifestation of your soul and you will realise that your body lost its finger, not your soul."

He addresses both once more.

"So now what? Embrace this place or attempt escape once more?"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:25 pm

Erynion looked puzzled for a second before a look of acceptance came over his face. He held out his hand and sure enough there was his finger, as good as new, like it had never gone. He smiled while flexing his finger. He drew an arrow and fired into the dark.
Ahh good to have it back.

Erynion turned to Quale
That's why I'm here, I have no intention of staying here for longer than I have to. I was hoping Katy would join me in trying to find a way out of here as he has spent more time here than me.
Lord Quale do you know of a way out?

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Doesnt really matter, Katy and I have escaped here before, all be it through Devine powers. I will definitely not be staying here, the Wood Elves numbers have dwindled enough, and I won't be just another dead elf.

Erynion spread his imposing black wings that went from his head to his knees, jumped into the air and started to fly

Sir Katy I know you will escape here and when we are free I will fight by your side once again. I have no doubt you will find me when you want me.

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:57 pm

**Katy sighs as Erynion departs. None of this felt like part of a plan, but it certainly felt like a challenge.**

Lord Quayle, I should choose neither to embrace this place, nor attempt to break out.
Liar.
Yet.
For as long as I am... trapped here, a child of Balberith is also trapped here. If I am to leave, it will be without Mikhail.

**He pauses, almost as though he's trying to convince himself that what he said is possible...**

I don't suppose you know of an effective way to remove a creature of Torment, without sending them to Velmaneth?
Why should he? Your god opposes him! My mistress is very much aligned with Quaos.
My god is not opposed. The protection of the innocent says nothing about the prevention of destruction.
But your faith is one of discipline, order: the opposite of chaos. Chaos is a great source of suffering. Something to be embraced!
If you wish to embrace the power of the Sun, embrace your destruction. I shall have no part in anything else you do.
You can't stop me.
Shut up.
No.

**Katy tenses up, his eyes closed. Focussing.**

My apologies. I guess my main sentiment is: I will attempt to remove Mikhail, and if successful I shall attempt to return to Velmaneth. I swore to Mikhail's mistress that I would endure whatever Torment she could throw at me, and if death is one, so be it.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:52 am

**Quayle smiles at the exchange**

"The traditional egress will exist in two months time despite Kan Slaar's current predicament. The first of the thirteen gates will open some weeks after that...the other twelve may then be opened by a group of resourceful individuals. Pass through the last and you will be returned to the world."

**He smiles at Katy**

"The Lady of Suffering was a delight to audition, however I have no particular loyalty to her or any other god, removing the demon can be done using a powerful life spell. There is a good chance of the owner of the body dying when performing the exorcism but as you are already dead, that should not be a problem. As for where it would be banished to? If it was lucky it might return to its mistress...it might be forced out into the Wastes or it may fall Deeper."

Q

Tome of Magic 6.0

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:01 pm

It is my belief, no, intention to banish the daemon without the need for exorcism. I would not risk him making it to Velmaneth, nor would I allow him the pleasure of seeing the horrors of the Deep. No, I will crush him through sheer force of will, and he will simply cease to exist.

**Katy raises an eyebrow, smirking slightly. He rapidly shakes it off, returning to his sterner outlook.**

He will be destroyed.

May I ask, what do you mean by 'audition'?

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Erynion circled above listening intently to the conversation between The god and Sir Katy. He was pondering an idea but decided that this wasn't the right time to rejoin the conversation so he kept watching.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:36 am

"You seek the utter destruction of a creature? It's removal from all spheres of existence without hope of peace or redemption? When I was alive I killed a truly evil man and then, so that he could not return I asked an undead creature to summon his soul. I then killed both the undead he summoned and him for raising undead. But I assume the soul was not destroyed, merely sent to the Deep. I will watch your efforts with interest "

Quayle smiles

"Audition may not be the correct word. I thought it might be interesting to secure my place amongst the gods by taking a...what's a good word...consort perhaps?"

Q

Tome of Magic 6.0

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:55 am

At this point Erynion swooped down and landed by Katy again.
I may have an answer to your demon problem. You have sacrificed yourself twice and it's only right I do the same.
Erynion turns to Quale with a look of uncertainty.
Quale can you take the demon out of sir Katy and put him in my head? I have a demon already so i know what it's like, and if it would free Sir Katy them I'm prepared to have another.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Quayle gave a half-smile

"I could do that and it might be interesting watching the chaos of two demons fighting for your soul. However, Sir Katy wishes to destroy something utterly. I can put a demon...or two...or more...inside someone at any time and watch the chaos, but your friend here might accomplish something in a way I've never considered."

Suddenly there is a light in his eyes.

"Demonic traits! It's been a long time since I've thought of them!"

Q

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “The Hope Wastes”