Madness: The Gathering

Where the dead live on (dead characters only)

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Dellam

Madness: The Gathering

Postby Dellam » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:11 pm

"He's here...and he's coming..."

A voice muttered in the dark, gravely and thick. It was speaking to others who waited. They had come to this place in the Wastes as a mirror to its place in the world of the living because of its significance to them. It was important and so were they to the one who even at that moment was riding a wave of magical energy to their location. It to knew where they were and the situation had arisen that this meeting was needed. The had felt his arrival in the Hopewastes and so they brought themselves, mostly, at his bidding. In reality they came for the sake of the master they once served. There was a flash then, briefly illuminating the 6 goblins in the room as a seventh figure appeared. They shielded their eyes from its arrival only to drop prostrate as the one they served arrived.

"All Hail Boing!", they cried, voices echoing in the darkness, in that cavern that when they lived, had been the Goblin mountains temple of Insanity before Squits had killed the true believers and sent them to this place.

Boing gave a grunt, his eyes and Handgoose's gaze searching over his disciples in the dark. Eyes adjusted rapidly even after so long on the surface and narrowed as they beheld his group.
"Really? Handgoose is annoyed that this is it. Better get to explainin before I get to drownin."

"The others have already started the journey boss! They're makin their way by whatever means they have!", one offered, dressed in a plethora of red tabbards and silks. Boing remembered that one. he was a twitchy sort who liked to burn things...burn them alot. A little to close to the realm of Hangrouse for comfort he felt but needs must. Plus he was loyal, that meant he could live.

"Well then I guess we can't go hangin about then can we! You ready Handgoose?", Boing asked, looking to his companion. the other nodded, magics already building up as the other goblins gathered around, "Lay your hands upon me my kin! We go now for the glory of madness to remake an empire!"

With that the group all laid there hands upon him, eyes up as if transfixed by his majesty...which was really saying something given it was Boing. Then there was a bright flash, the group disappearing as they went forth. There were plans after all, for Boing knew where he would find the dead of the Underdwellers and the kingdom he had sort to build in life for Neffekeffen. That power would serve his needs now and he indeed had much to do if he were to face what was to come. They ahd planned carefully for this eventuality, he and Handgoose, it was all a matter of just getting the ball rolling.
Player of;
Vynrael, the Hound of Asternia
Jaguar, High priest of the Party
Ekrit, Nomad Magic Weapon maker of Yashmanar
Thromlui, Psychomancer, Nightmare made manifest

Littleben

Re: Madness: The Gathering

Postby Littleben » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:54 pm

As Fern was wondering the Hope Wastes in search of whatever was calling him, nearby he saw a bright flash and heard a voices muttering about their journey. After further investigation he saw a rowdy bunch of goblins with one clear leader and they appeared to be on the end of a teleportation spell.

Although he knew that goblins were normally more stabby than they were friendly, he had never seen such a large group of them, not to mention the talk of a journey which he felt he was on himself. He went to introduce himself, “Greetings, my name is Fernando Thistle and I couldn’t help but notice you summoned here and talking about a journey? I myself am on a journey, perhaps it would be beneficial if we went forward together?”

There is a slightly awkward silence as he looks at the leader, “You seem to be in charge here, who are you?”
As long as I can't lose, I've already won.

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:10 pm

Boing was...more then a little surprised to find someone at the other end of his spell. If it had been anyone he would have thought it would be his nemesis...but it was not. Eyes narrowed though as he gave his name. A Thistle eh? It seemed Handgoose's luck continued to hold out in the face of some set backs. A slow grin formed on his features as thoughts boucned back and forth between himself and his companion.
"HELLO NEW FRIEND!", he offered as he ambled up to Fern, "I am Boing! This is Handgoose!", he gestured to his right hand which seemed to be looking at Fern all on its own, "You are moooore then welcome to travel with us if you like! We were just on our way to a meeting of more friends. You can come with us!", he said.
After the words were spoken he ambled by followed by his compatriots all who eyed the non-goblin in ways only a goblin could ever manage. They had come a long way from within the Goblin mountain to here in Arnad Gaurhoth and they were not to far from the objective in the forests now. The Tree was within walking distance and there they should find the faithful.
Player of;

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:45 pm

"Excellent!" he exclaimed, "Nice to meet you all," his voice was unsteady as he went from looking to all the goblins to the hand attached to Boing. As he gestured to start moving he asked, "So what friends are you all going to see?"

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:58 pm

"The eye folk! The eye folk! We're going to see the eye folk!", one goblin offered in reply in as much of a sing song voice as a goblin could ever offer. This one was practically hopping along, a grin splitting a face that was marked with scars. Similarly scars covered much of what skin could be seen around its shabby clothing. Given the rusty looking knife at its belt, they were possibly self inflicted/

"Handgoose says thankyou for that Birk.", Boing offered in a vaguely annoyed voice before smile returned and gaze flicked to Fern as they made their way through the trees, "I have...friends, who are underdwellers. They are gonna help me have some fun!", he said. Gaze flicked ahead then as they started to come upon a clearing. "Look...", he gestured outwards.

Beyond in the large space stood a tree. Even in the Hopewastes where all things were twisted by the shadow of death this was moreso. Its angles and proportions somehow seemed wrong. Like looking at it from different angles might radically change what should be set by the laws of all that was right. It stretched up, far larger then those trees that seemed intent on not growing anywhere near it and it seemed somebody had gone about building a door into the front of it and further up, a balcony. Around the base were gathered figures, largely it seemed from the goblin and underdweller races but there seemed to be a few from others as well. There were maybe 40-50 at that time but there was a flash as another small group teleported in. The look of the lot of them was...strange. There were many bright colours and odd outfits, strange hats and appearances ranging from the wild and comical to the 'as likely to be homicidal as anyone you could ever meet'. The most notable thing however was the banner that the Underdwellers seemed clustered around, a long thing on a pole that depicted a brightly coloured mask.

"Welcome Fern...to my children...the true faithful of Madness!"
Player of;

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:22 pm

In the realm of Velmaneth weeks before he first joined Sylas on the excursion outside of Ingolé, all of this would have freaked Fern out. However, he acted calmly as if everyone here was normal, as there was no reason this wouldn't be normal and said,"That looks splendid indeed! So if it is of no secrecy, what is your task here and is there anyway I can help?"

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:33 am

Boing knew that his arrival was garnering attention from the ever growing group, gazes turning and moreso as the other goblins that had come with him spread out into the group to herald his coming. He kept his attention on Fern though, Handgoose only briefly lifting to look back over his shoulder, pointing up at Boings face almost as if it could be speaking to him, then looked to the human.
"Handgoose...feels we should cut to the point...We were once a hero like you but now we are more. We were bathed in the power of madness after our Boss's demise and have become something more. We require power...and followers..."
His tongue flicked out, licking at his black lips before he gave a wicked grin.
"We are a uh...rising power...thats the one...and Handgoose feels there may be room for an...enterprising individual beneath someone like me who's heading up and up and up! So...what do you say? Care to find a place for yourself amongst us?"
Player of;

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Fern paused to think for a moment before responding, "So, like a follower? I don't exactly see why you are more than a hero from what I have seen of you thus far. Although, it is true that I suppose I have been following you thus far. Perhaps if you were to perform an act or show in some way your abilities, so that I could observe, to proove yourself. Perhaps one of your current devout followers, such as him" He points to a goblin nearby, "or is that a female.. anyways, perhaps they would be willing to volunteer?"

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Boing looked to the one Fern pointed at and peered for a moment, appraising with a critical eye.
"Female...I think...", he offered, not entirely sure himself. He wasn't sure though if he wanted to waste the power of course, would a god really need to go proving himself? It was an interesting question. Most gods he knew just did the same things heroes did but on a larger scale or more directly. He consulted with Hangoose, the pair looking at each other for a few seconds before the reverie broke again.
"Very well! We shall deign to show you a measure of our power!", he said.
With that he rounded on the assembled mass and called out sharply.
"Oi! I need a volunteer for immortality!"
Now most were not stupid, especially the Underdwellers who knew something of Boings mind but there's always one who doesn't catch the subtle hint in such a statement. The goblin in red from the earlier group came springing forward, waving wildly.
"Me! Pick me Boss!", he cried out.

"Alright then!", Boing said then suddenly flung Handgoose out with a sharp discharge of divine power and water magic. The wave became visible just before it hit the unfortunate goblin and he barely had time to turn and react before it slammed over him. There were no words, no incantation that came with it. The magic just hammered out from handgoose and in an instant goblin became ice, possibly forever. Boing hadn't decided on that yet.
"Hows that for an opener then eh Fern? Bigger things to come and all."
Player of;

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:51 pm

"Extraordinary!" He exclaimed, "Onwards then, shall we?" as he gestured Boing and Handgoose ahead of him in a small form of respect.

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Boing grinned, coming across as taken in by Ferns almost casual acceptance but inside he and Handgoose conversed. A willing follower such as this would be a useful boon, especially with his familial connection. A step closer on the road so to speak. He wondered what his nemesis was doing at that moment, tucked away in whatever bastion she'd built for herself he imagined. Well that was all well and good. He had his now and as he turned and made for the great tree where the others had gathered he let his power seep out from him, touching at the minds of his faithful and entwining with the feel of the wood that surrounded. This was his place now.

For the pair the crowd parted, not a thought by any spared to the life of the glittering icy statue, the first victim of Boing and Handgoose in this place. A testament to power. They gave Boing and his follower access to the door of the structure which was pushed open by a pair of Underdwellers in colorful livery who stood like guards on either side. They were Boing's First, two of those who had first turned to the Empire of Madness. Half deranged and fanatically loyal to 'the word'. Figurative really as they understood thought better then spoken word. For some reason Boing liked the phrasing though, it made it sound all so very grand. Handgoose approved too, so he said anyway.

The interior of the tree structure was much as the without, all shapes and spaces that caused nausea and made the eyes ache if stared at for to long. A definite sense of wrongness over everything that only intensified the deeper they went. This was a great hall though and in turn it led to a throne of his very own from which once he had spread the word of Neffekeffen...now the word was all his.

"Tell me of yourself Fern...what did you do before you came to the Wastes? I expect you may lie of course but I'd rather you didn't It might make Handgoose upset."
Player of;

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:12 am

"Not foolish of you to expect a being in the Hope Wastes to lie, it is one defensive mechanism to survive in this hellish place. However, I am saddened that you think I myself would lie. I don’t believe there is much to be proud of lying about as, in the end, we all have ended up dead, here."

"Nevertheless, I shall tell you my short legacy. The earliest memory I have was my childhood being set in Ingolé. As a child, it seemed like as pleasant as any other place. When I grew up however, I learnt of the tragedies that were occurring within the city, especially the lower city, and when Sylas took over it started to improve. For a while. Resources then became scarce and since I have learned that he fooled us with illusions around what possessions we had. We thought we were eating a juicy apple when in fact they were all locked in his palace whilst we had scraps of bread. I had to join the order of Dakron – now, don’t be alarmed, I left them at a grave cost – but they helped me survive with payment for dire crimes. Although he had selfish intentions, Sylas did keep us safe from the dangers of the world and gave opportunities of education to families. His young fiery friend, Singe, came and helped me at my Alchemy shack, a craft I learnt from what remained of my parents’ book collection, and then invited me on an adventure with her. I travelled with a group of heroes and learnt much about the outside world and the dangers of the Quarin and the Soul-less."

"A few months then passed when, around the time of Harwood gathering political power, I was abducted, right from the middle of Ingolé. I then woke up in a prison with many heroes, some the same as I had gone on the adventure before." He took a pause and he thought back. "I’ve still no idea why I was kidnapped but they must have thought I had some kind of connection with the heroes. Anyway, that time and place was the happenings of The Calamity, in which I hear Quayle ascended to godhood in replacement of Velnashar. I should mention here that I left the order of Dakron, and was killed for it, as I understood it would help one of our group become powerful enough to defeat Velnashar. I hope it did help, as I died at the hand of what is known as a Revenant, one which took the form of Bailey Bluenose. Quite ironic that I was killed twice by the forces of Dakron. I’m quite glad I have no affiliation with them anymore. Quayle allowed me last words after I died in which I think I wished them the best, and then I have been in the hope wastes since. I must say, I consider myself having not done too badly in my team here, I guess it helped that I came here with the heroes in that week so you could say I had warmed up to it." He took a breathe as he finished before going on to say "Anyway, I’ve blabbed on quite a bit now, I would love to hear a little bit about yourself, and hopefully you shan’t lie either.” He said with a slightly cheeky grin on his face.

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:38 am

Boing paused just short of the stairs up to his own throne, a thing made of wood warped into peculiar shapes that nominally could be sat upon and then turned to face Fern. For a moment he studied the young human while at the same time the eyeles gaze of Handgoose seemed almost penetrating in itself. The air seemed to roil with power now that the goblin had come to the place, like a part of him was connecting with it in a way obvious to those even without the abilitys of magic. It was something that pressed on the mind, something nearly invasive.

"Our story huh? Nobody's ever asked before...well like you We've been around to save the world a couple of times now. Me and Handgoose were born together, like this, a child of Neffekefeen from the day we came into being. We know what we are and we embrace it...unlike so many others.", he began and shifted quickly down, dropping to sit cross legged on the steps, "I was the one who named Colourful isle...and We were there when its ruler was decided. We've been to the Wastes before and even the Deep helping heroes and all that...Weve been so many places it's hard keepin it all straight sometimes."

His head canted, well his head and Handgoose canted, "It don't bother either of us that you were one of Dakrons boys...got friends who did that sort of thing when they were alive. Just try not to spread it around. Handgoose thinks that even here there's probably alotta folks who'd do you good and proper anyway. You did a good thing though, dieing for the world, without the world none of us would be much of anything...cept for a few of the other less...", he gestured wildly in the air with his left hand as he looked for the right word, "Worldy...gods maybe. Destroyed is no fun and we like fun...and we need people for fun."
Player of;

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Fern nodded, "I agree, with everything you have just said. This seems like a good adventure to go on and I shall follow."

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Both Boing and Handgoose nod, watching the human for long moments, not saying anything as they both appeared...thoughtful, of a sort. At last he slowly pushed himself to his feet, stretched then relaxed before taking a step back down towards Fern.
"If you wish to follow then come forward and Handgoose shall bless you! You can become the first among my many! Be even more special!", he offered allowed, raising his voice as to make all hear him though no one appeared to be in the chamber other then the pair of them...well at least nobody actively visible.
Player of;

Return to “The Hope Wastes”